Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

ESPN is like a Remorseful Ex

0 HS
BGSUBucksFan's picture
January 29, 2015 at 4:42pm
52 Comments

I find it comical how quickly ESPN fell back in love with Ohio State after they won it all.  Seriously, reading their articles is like reading a sappy note from a remorseful ex, and I love every minute of it.  This article is perhaps the best example of what I mean, though.  Sorry, subscription required.  Titled "5 non-Ohio State playmakers to watch in 2015".  This is funny before even opening it because it's like, "Hey, for all those who are tired of our love songs to Ohio State, here's something to feed your need."  Then you open it and it just gets better.  The entire first half of the article is about Ohio State playmakers to watch in 2015, and then there's a list of 5 other players at the end.

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/travis-haney/post?id=4102

Here's the first couple paragraphs to show the obsessive nature:

Looking ahead at potential playmakers in 2015, there should be two divisions: Ohio State, and everyone else.

Heaven help Big Ten defensive coordinators trying to plan for a team that will have the power element ofEzekiel Elliott’s running complemented by the ankle-breaking athleticism and versatility of utility types Jalin Marshall,Curtis Samuel and Dontre Wilson. Oh, and there’s that Braxton Miller fella, should he return to OSU. 

Jokes about “Big Ten speed,” or lack thereof, are hereby declared dead. They have ceased because of Urban Meyer and his staff’s recruiting. 

It's a great time to be a Buckeye fan!

Edit:  Look, Birm agrees:

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 52 Comments