Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

My Rant. Sorry.

0 HS
tommrkr's picture
January 23, 2015 at 8:28am
129 Comments

What is it with the glass half-empty, hand-wringing pessimists in Buckeye Nation who you only hear from when something goes wrong or when they perceive a wrong?

The trophy hadn't even been lifted off the stands before people were posting about what to do about the QB situation, the shocking Tom Herman "Hat-Gate", kids having the nerve to celebrate, smile, or God Forbid, use an electronic device connected to the internet.

Oh SHIT, Tyvis Powell took 5 minutes to tweet today!!

oh noes!!!

COMPLACENCY HAS SET IN!

WHY ISN'T HE IN THE WEIGHT ROOM?!?!?

URBAN MYER IS FAILING THIS TEAM BY NOT TAKING A HARD STAND AGAINST LEISURE TIME!

Jesus tap-dancing Christ, people, we're less than 2 weeks past the Championship win and the worry warts are already out worried that every mis-step might lead us away from back-to-back championships.

Have you tried, maybe, sitting back and being happy?  Relishing the win?  Thinking happy thoughts for the future?

grumpy buckeye cat

I'm going to take a wild guess and estimate that %0.0000001 of you are actually paid to give a shit about the team and their actions, so why are you so worked up?  Do you not think that after everything this year that our team is in good hands, or are you some white knight "but who watches the watchers?!!" type?  Please, just... go outside, adopt a cat, read a fucking book, do something positive with your life.  Because your obsession is not healthy.

Look at today's Skully to see how much money is being thrown around to keep these kids at the top of their game, and realize your volunteer vigil effort means exactly... dick in the grand scheme of things.

Remember the words of the Senator:

So, you know, honestly, the thing when I read some of them is I feel terrible for them because there's no way they're happy. They've got to be some of the most unhappy people in the world, and I feel bad because we just made them less happy, and I hate to be a part of making someone less happy. I mean, they're already miserable and to make them less happy, I'd feel bad. (http://www.cleveland.com/buckeyeblog/index.ssf/2009/09/ohio_state_footba...)

%99 of the folks here are good people (ok, I just read the threads brought back from the dead, so maybe more like 95) but the constant need for some to just ROOT OUT something to be pissy about is just astounding to me.  Who adopts misery as a fucking hobby (aside from Brown's fans... hmm, maybe that is the correlation?) and watches games, reads twitter, sports sites just to have something to be upset about?  Some of you probably read MGo just to see what they are bitching about so you don't miss out on your freshest dose of crippling depression.

Hallelujah! Holy Shit! Where's the Tylenol?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 129 Comments