Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Joe Burrow & JT Barrett

0 HS
ShawneeBuck74's picture
January 19, 2015 at 10:23am
50 Comments

A few years back, I remember missing out on some QB prospects and then getting a guy out of Texas whom no one ever talked about before (in Ohio). After watching his tape, I was super excited about the future. The kid wasn't a flashy, eye-popping athlete...more than anything it just seemed like the kid had "it" - making the right reads, good accuracy, winning. This feeling grew as I read his interviews & as stories about his leadership began to surface. An ACL injury didn't dampen my hopes.

Though many felt they'd rather have another QB (like Malik Zaire) and/or thought he was forever destined to be a backup (even up to game 2 of  this year)...he just always seemed to have "it." Of course, that's JT Barrett.

I say all of that to draw comparison to Joe Burrow. At first, he seemed to many like the consolation prize. But watch his tape, read his interviews. He has "it." I was worried we'd lose him when we lost Herman and then hired Beck. I don't know what his future holds, but he does remind me of JT Barrett. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 50 Comments