Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Project No Offseason

0 HS
chadwyck11's picture
January 18, 2015 at 6:30pm
7 Comments

After an unbelievable season culminating in a National Championship, this offseason will feel especially long. It's 90 days until the spring game, and then there's no more football for another 4+ months after that. While the 11 Warriors staff will continue to produce excellent articles, revisiting the previous season and forecasting the upcoming season, we all know how hard it is enduring months with no new football.

To help ease the pain, I'm starting Project No Offseason.

Over the next several months, I'll be reliving the highs and lows of the first 2 years of Urban Meyer's tenure at Ohio State one week at a time. Starting with the Miami Redhawks game on September 1, 2012 until the Orange Bowl on January 3rd, 2014, I'll posting links back to the Skull Sessions, statistical breakdowns, game posters, etc. of the week. Also, these games are all available on YouTube and I'll be watching them on Saturdays and I hope that you will too. Anyone with a Roku or Google Chromecast (and I'm sure lots of other devices) can watch them on their big screen. One question, does posting links to these games violate 11W policy? I'm not the one who uploaded them

Thanks to the treasure trove of archived articles here on 11W, we can not only revisit the scores and highlights of past years, but also get back into the mindset that we had back in those games. For me, this is a chance to gain an even deeper appreciation of our beloved boys in Scarlet and Grey and also the fantastic work that Jason, DJ, Johnny, Elika, Sarah, Ross, Chris, Chad, Jeff, Ramzy, Walt, and anyone else that I've forgotten have put into this website (the "meet the staff" link is broken).

Each week I'll make two posts: One for the previews to read during the week and then on Saturday I'll post the link to the game and the breakdowns. All this content is available on the site and on YouTube, etc. already, of course, but I want it to feel like a game day as much as possible, which is why I'm not posting it all at once. I don't want to spam the forum if no one else gets any value out of this so let me know what you think.

Digging through the archives to prepare for this little project, one thing that hit me again and again are all the amazing essays and articles that have been posted to this site. I can't include all the recruiting news, "where are they now?", houndies, buck notes, flashbacks, across the fields, round tables, and one-off essays, but they shouldn't be forgotten! Even if you don't follow Project No Offseason, do yourself a favor and re-read the archives.

Here's my tentative schedule:

2012 Season  
Preview Post Game Link and Recap Opponent
1/19/2015 1/24/2015 Miami Redhawks
1/26/2015 1/31/2015 UCF Knights
2/2/2015 2/7/2015 California Golden Bears
2/9/2015 2/14/2015 UAB Blazers
2/16/2015 2/21/2015 Michigan State Spartans
2/23/2015 2/28/2015 Nebraska Cornhuskers
3/2/2015 3/7/2015 Indiana Hoosiers
3/9/2015 3/14/2015 Purdue Boilermakers
3/16/2015 3/21/2015 Penn State Nittany Lions
3/23/2015 3/28/2015 Illinois Fighting Illini and BYE
3/30/2015 4/4/2015 Wisconsin Badgers
4/6/2015 4/11/2015 Michigan Wolverines

I'll post the recap of the week before the 2012 Miami game tomorrow. Thanks Eleven Warriors and Go Buckeyes!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 7 Comments