Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

AC/DC Revival In Buckeye Country!

0 HS
cinserious's picture
January 14, 2015 at 3:53am
12 Comments

A few days ago, I learned here on 11W about how Urban Meyer had the team going through walk throughs and game preparation at AT&T Stadium in Dallas while AC/DC's 'Thunderstruck' was on loop full blast throughout the stadium. I said to myself..."Interesting choice, but oh well, Urbz knows what he's doing". 

To be clear, while I have my Classic Rock favorites, AC/DC was never one of them. I couldn't stand that screaming Aussie voice, the schoolboy outfit, etc. When Urban played it, I listened though! The Texas connection stuck out for me (a lyric in the song). After a couple times around, I was HOOKED and used it get me stoked in the lead up to the game. 

Urban is a master motivator and knows exactly how to get maximum output out of his guys with few tactics. At first I was skeptical about that choice of song for a bunch of 18-21 year old guys but in hindsight, it was the PERFECT background music for some nationally disrespected youngsters who believed in themselves while nobody else believed in them who where about to embark on a coming out party on the grandest of stages and kick ass and take names!

After the Buckeyes won the title, I couldn't help but to take it further with the AC/DC and thoughts of Micky Marotti blasting 'Who Made Who' during Winter conditioning to show current players, new recruits, and early enrollees the transformation that has been made and will be made. 

Finally, after Ohio State obliter8s Virginia Tech on Labor Day 2015, we open the home schedule against Hawaii on Sept. 12th and Urban Meyer can appropriately get the Bucks fired up in practice by playing on loop in full blast AC/DC's 'Back In Black'. 

I'll let the 11W commentariat argue over whether black uniforms are appropriate. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 12 Comments