Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

It has begun...

0 HS
BrewstersMillions's picture
December 30, 2014 at 6:27pm
29 Comments

Congratulations to Michigan. In arguably the most important time in your football program's history you came away the hire you absolutely had to have. Harbaugh checks all of the boxes. Big name, winner at multiple stops, Michigan Man. It is a day Michigan fans should enjoy. With that said, and I know MGO net nerds pauruse the paradise that is 11w, let me give you some inside information about how we feel about the hire.

1) Ohio State fans aren't scared of Jim Harbaugh. Several of us, myself included, wanted to see this because it ultimately means a better brand of Michigan football. Partly because there is no where to go but up, but also because Harbaugh will actually make them better. We as fans want wins over Michigan to matter and be more than games OSU are supposed to win. The Harbaugh hire should accomplish that. Make no mistake about it though, OSU fans know this-this team is only getting better. There are gears on this roster the opposition can't hit and it's only improving.

2)Michigan remains behind Ohio State in terms of recruiting. I'd bet that Harbaugh flips a guy or two but at present, the best recruiter in the conference takes up real estate in Columbus, OH. Urban Meyer doesn't become less effective with this hire, a beast is a beast.

3)Urban Meyer isn't scared. For better,or worse, some really great football is played in the SEC and the man who is the patriarch of SEC dominance resides in Columbus. He has beaten and will continue to beat the best the nation has to offer. Harbaugh's arrival doesn't make Meyer any less of a coach. A beast is a beast. Pictures of Urban and Harbaugh with captions like 'hes coming' don't alarm anyone because Urban Meyer is the best CEO at the collegiate level north of the state of Alabama.

In short, enjoy the hire but please don't forget that Michigan is playing a really one sided game of catchup at present. This hire doesn't close any gap at all. I look forward to meetings between Urban and Jim but don't ever forget who is your big brother is.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 29 Comments