Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Top 5 Players in the CFP?

0 HS
Silver Bullet 10's picture
December 25, 2014 at 3:28pm
71 Comments

Who are your 5 best players in the playoffs? I'll start.

1. Jameis Crablegs Winston. He's had a down year statistically, but he's never lost a game. In my opinion, he's the clutchest player in college football. Love him or hate him, he has always found a way to win.

2. Vonn Bell. The dude elevates his play on the big stage. With his playmaking ability and sure-tackling skills, I truly believe he'll breakout as a true superstar in this year's playoffs. 

3. Marcus Mariota. He's the LeBron of Oregon. Without him, they're an 8-4 team.

4. Jalen Ramsey. After watching him play in the Miami game, I'd think the NFL scouts are drooling over him. He's an arrogant douche on the field, but he's one hell of a player.

5. Devin Smith. Rashad Greene and Cooper are elite talents, but so is Devin Smith. Of those three, Devin Smith has played best on the big stage this year.

Devin Smith had 266 yards receiving and 4 touchdowns against Ohio State's two best opponents (MSU, WISC)

Cooper had 179 yards receiving and 1 touchdown against Alabama's two best opponents (Ole Miss, MISS ST)

Rashad Greene had 258 yards receiving and 3 touchdowns against FSU's two best opponents (Clemson, GTECH).

Like Bell, Smith has elevated his performance in big games, and that's why I have him in my top 5 players for this year's CFP. 

Just missed the cut: Joey Bosa, Amari Cooper, Landon Collins, Doran Grant, Rashad Greene

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 71 Comments