Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Buckeyes vs Bama - Reality Check

0 HS
Boomcat's picture
December 22, 2014 at 12:17pm
119 Comments

Seems to me like a lot of people around here (not everyone) think this game is just the same as MSU in terms of difficulty level. I can't tell you how many times I've seen someone post, "  Ok Urbz, do ( insert cliche and extremely oversimplified "winning gameplan" here) and we will be painting Crimson all over!!!!!!!!!!" Uh, no. Sorry. This is the number one team in the nation. This is Nick Saban. We are not going to go in there, "spread em out" and just put points on em. We also are not going to go in there and just manhandle them on defense. This is going to be extremely hard, intricate, chess match, blood bath, whatever adjective you want to put in there. The amount of attention to detail by both coaches in this game are far more advanced than any of us can imagine. So, for everyone that appears to think that we will just do such and such and win, please get a reality check and temper your expectations. Let the boys who are getting paid millions do their job. Sit back, respect the game, and by all means, cheer our Buckeyes to (hopefully) a victory. However, just keep in mind that this is going to be hard, hard, really freakin hard to win.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 119 Comments