Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

RichRod & the TTUN Coaching Search

0 HS
ShawneeBuck74's picture
December 17, 2014 at 6:07pm
35 Comments

I was thinking back to the TTUN hire of RichRod.  

Full disclosure: I was scared when they got him. You can see he is an offensive guru and his players play for him. I thought he'd be a real challenge to the old school Big Ten power - and give Tressell a real run for his money.

Well, that didn't work out. Not because RichRod couldn't coach...but in retrospect...because there's some deep systemic dysfunction at TTUN.

Their Michigan Man arrogant pride is hurting them...possibly to the point that NO coach, including Harbaugh, will be able to go there and return them to prominence.  The players obviously loved Hoke, and he recruited talent.  There's got to be more to the story.

TTUN won't return to prominence unless the totally clean house, top down, boosters and trustees included. They need a wholesale mentality change.

Don't see that happening.  No matter who they hire, they're not going to be the TTUN that we knew as a perennial national power.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 35 Comments