Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, the B1G would rule college football

0 HS
DefenceWinsChampionships's picture
November 19, 2014 at 4:41pm
3 Comments

I know that it's pointless to speculate what would happen if this team would have beat that team, or that team would have beat this team, but I can help but ponder how different the college football landscape would look had week two gone differently in the B1G. Imagine what the rankings would look like had we come from behind against VT and wisc and MSU not blown big leads against LSU and Org respectively.
With Oregon out of the picture and MSU and wisc with only one loss each, we may be looking at multiple B1G teams in the playoff instead of SEC. At minimum we would be all over the top 8.
Looking at what the records would have been, the rankings likely go:
1) undefeated OSU
2) 1 loss Bama
3) 1 loss MSU (top wins over Org and Neb and only loss to #1)
4) undefeated FSU
5) 1 loss miss st
6) TCU
7) 1 loss Wisconsin (a win over Neb and they'd get the same crazy respect for beating LSU that miss st is getting)
8) Baylor

I think it goes a long way to show that the B1G isn't nearly as far behind other conferences as some may think, and in actuality may still be one of the best in college football. It's fun to think about even if it is pointless.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 3 Comments