Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Iron Bowl

0 HS
zmoty9's picture
November 14, 2014 at 9:59am
20 Comments

I know the title doesn't exactly pertain to Ohio State, but give it a minute.  I'll bring it back around to the Buckeyes.

Read the other day that the Iron Bowl between Auburn and Alabama this year will be broadcast by ABC/ESPN rather than CBS, the station it's been broadcast on for the last 300 years.  The reason for this is that apparently the CBS contract has a limit on how many times a season they can broadcast an individual school per season, and CBS will have used up its allotment for Alabama.

First off, how excited is ABC/ESPN that they get this game?  Figure they're probably wetting themselves (this is NOT an SEC bias thread).  

Secondly, and this is where I tie it back to the Buckeyes, anyone know if this same provision is used in the Big Ten's TV contract with ABC/ESPN?  Since the Big Ten doesn't have a national network like CBS, can you imagine the outrage if ABC/ESPN ran through their allotment for Ohio State and the Game was moved to BTN (barf)?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 20 Comments