Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

The Alabama Eye Test

0 HS
hansman's picture
November 5, 2014 at 11:18pm
28 Comments

If anybody watched the last College Playoff selection show, I assume that you heard the take of the all the ESECPN talking heads on Alabama. They pretty much all agreed that Alabama's resume paled in comparison to TCU and Oregon both. (they could have kept going with Michigan State, Kansas State and more if they wanted). Even David Pollack turned into a fake Alabama critic for the show and I nearly fell off my couch!

But, of course, it was all a setup. They went on to talk about how the playoff rankings weren't designed to go off resumes, but that the goal was to pick who you thought the best teams were by using the "eye test". They said if you put a tape in, you would clearly see why Alabama got the nod over these other teams with better resumes. They said that was the entire purpose of adding more of a supposedly impartial human element to the mix. I hadn't realized that the entire purpose was to do ONLY that while still unfairly favoring SEC teams and ignoring the entire list of criteria that the playoff committee told us they were supposedly analyzing, but I'm glad they cleared that up. They are saying the same thing now as I watch the Ohio University (not Ohio State if Brady Hoke is reading this) vs. Buffalo game on ESPN U. By the way, I have zero idea why I am watching this game but I think it is because I am ready for Saturday to be here right now (I still reserve the right to turn this channel on for games/playoff rankings only).

I have also seen pretty much every single sports analyst there is who has revealed their top 4 with Alabama in their top four or five teams. And, some have them as high as two!?! I have also heard multiple different talking heads say that they are really firing on all cylinders and playing as well as anybody in the country right now (or something to that effect). Here's the problem: Do they all have brain issues or have they all been asleep? What eye test, tape, or Alabama firing on all cylinders are they referring to? In the last three weeks, they have won by one point over a team that hasn't won in 17 SEC games, destroyed a horrendous Texas A & M team, and beat a horrendous Tennessee team by a whopping two touchdowns. Did Alabama pass an eye test and have better tape, or did we just add a third biased poll and more brainwashed pollsters favoring the supposed "best" teams like we've had for the last decade? I'm thinking the second. They used all of the criteria they told us they were going to use to evaluate teams....then, they ignored the same criteria when it came to the SEC and tried to convince us of some fake eye test and how they were better. In other words, not a single thing changed. They just want us all to think it did.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 28 Comments