Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Gold Pants Social is Back!!!!

0 HS
jeremytwoface's picture
November 4, 2014 at 12:03pm
43 Comments

I'm sure there will be a post on the main page here soon but I thought I would post it on here for now.

I went last year and it was incredible. I'm not sure I can afford it this year with a baby on the way (actually, I couldn't last year and only went because I won tickets), but it is definitely worth the price.

There was excellent food from an awesome catering place in my hometown and beer from Land-Grant Brewery (11w's own Walt is an owner)... And the beer is great if you haven't had it yet. (and there is plenty of it so you may want to have a DD handy).

Oh and that's not even mentioning that you'll be able to mingle with past Ohio State greats. Last year, I had about a 10 or 15 minute lesson from Jim Lachey about the essence of blocking on the O-line (and un-successfully attempted to convince him to let me wear his Super Bowl ring). He had had a few drinks as well so it was an interesting conversation.

Another cool thing was that it was held at the WHAC and I basically took a half-drunken self-guided tour. Went to the locker room, took a peak inside the coaches offices, saw the team and individual unit's meeting rooms and saw all of the awesome memorabilia that was just lying around (took a selfie with one of Orlando Pace's Lombardi's)

Anyway, I'm sure I don't have to pump up this event... It will sell out quick. So make sure you grab a ticket if you can because it's an absolutely awesome experience.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 43 Comments