Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Playoff 4 teams or 8 teams (or other)?

0 HS
HYDEYOKIDS's picture
October 15, 2014 at 10:42am
41 Comments

There was a lot of debate in another thread which got me curious about people's opinion of the playoff. I personally think four is the perfect number. Going undefeated in your conference pretty much assures that you will get in. I think the trend will be at least 3 and probably four conference champions will make the playoff which will bolster inter conference rivalry and assure that the best in each conference get to play while still making each individual game of the season decisively important. With eight teams there will undoubtedly be two and maybe even three loss teams getting in, a greater likelihood of rematches from the season, and I think a devaluation of the regular season like we have seen with basketball (teams and fans will think hey we can drop a game maybe two and still get in). The only flaw major flaw with the four team playoff is not all P5 conference champs can get in, though that in itself is also a way to reward conference strength. I was surprised how many people want to expand to eight teams and at least those are my reasons why I like to keep it to four. Thoughts?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 41 Comments