Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Listing the Positives From Saturday

0 HS
Hoosierbuck7's picture
September 8, 2014 at 1:58pm
6 Comments

There's a lot of negativity on this board and the Buckeye Twitterverse, so to help balance it out a bit I thought it might be nice to list a few positives from Saturday. While the play calling was rough and there were a lot of struggles with execution...there are some things to build on. 

• Michael Thomas showcased that he might be the best receiver (talent wise) that the Buckeyes have had in a long while. If he can keep his nose clean, he's got the potential to be a stud (and have a long career in the NFL). 
  • Curtis Samuel is a future star at Ohio State. He's only going to earn more carries this year...as right now he is the only back averaging over 5 ypc. His explosion and play making ability will help this team get over the hump. 
  • Outside of the one scoring drive in the second half, I thought we saw the defense turned the corner. Up until that drive they had allowed just over 40 yards in the half and forced two turnovers...keeping the Buckeyes in the game. Ash has things headed in the right direction...and their play in the second half has me excited. 
  • The young defensive backs are definitely a step in the right direction. Big plays are being minimized and the coverage/interceptions show that these guys are much improved over last year's group. Hope everyone liked Vonn Bell's performance as I did. 
  • Diesel is becoming a top-tier NFL lineman in front of eyes. When Spence returns, this line will flat dominate the rest of the season. 

What positives did you see? 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 6 Comments