Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

Buckeye Children's Book Pre-Sale: 11W Reader Discount

Ramzy Nasrallah's picture
September 2, 2014 at 10:12pm
41 Comments
buckeye books
Books available for purchase here at a discount - see 11W code below

Friend of the site and 11W user RCRoy45 has published two Ohio State-themed children's books that are so legit, Ohio State has blessed them and their use of Ohio State trademarks. A chunk of each purchase goes to the Stefanie Spielman Fund for Breast Cancer Research.

We've gotten a peek at both books and they are terrific - not just artistically, but in terms of how you can effectively use them to indoctrinate your young ones into loving Ohio State football as much as you do through a charming keepsake. 

You can take a look at the book trailers here, see Chris Spielman's testimonial here and purchase the set at a discount right hereYour coupon code is 11W2X

This deal ends this Friday Sept 5, so jump on it. Your kids will be better for it, your wallet will have a few extra bucks in it and the Stefanie Spielman Fund will be gracious that you bought your kid, kids or someone else's kids - or yourself - some cool books with a purpose.

KBonay's picture

Epic.  Too bad I only have (girly) girls.....
I will certainly pass this along to friends.  Thanks!

1MechEng's picture

Girly Girls can't be Buckeye fans?! They can't appreciate Woody?!

What kind of Father are you?!

Just kidding.  ;)

+5 HS
BuckeyeAZOH's picture

What is the discount?  It says "unable to redeem coupon" when I attempt to enter the code. 

Purple Raider

TheAFBuckeye's picture

I tried it on one book... didn't work.  Added both books.  Worked.  Looks like its $6 off.

Let's Go BUCKEYES!!!!!

+2 HS
RCRoy45's picture

Try the code now... I just did and it worked...  If for some reason you order this and it doesn't work please just message me and you will get the discount....  

Again many thanks to Ramzy and the 11W crew for supporting me on this! 

I glad to be able to share this project... it started out as the bedtime stories for my little girls..

“And in the night of death, hope sees a star and listening love hears the rustle of a wing.”

+8 HS
KBonay's picture

So you're saying little girls like these books?  Maybe I AM a bad father!

+1 HS
RCRoy45's picture

when I would go on business trips... my wife would call me and say "She wants the '79 Ohio State Michigan game.. I don't know what it is and I don't like it".. haha...   they loved the stories. and my wifey came around and actually suggested I write these books. I think you are selling yourself short... I've always wanted to share my passions and I was lucky enough that they love them.  Check out my author page.... they have stories like this every night and they actually ask for their favorites... Check out my daughter Emerson doing Script Ohio at the Buckeye Bash...

“And in the night of death, hope sees a star and listening love hears the rustle of a wing.”

+3 HS
TheAFBuckeye's picture

Looks awesome.  Can't wait to read them to my son!

Let's Go BUCKEYES!!!!!

RCRoy45's picture

thank you... I'd love to see video of this moment... I've been reading this to my girls for the better part of their lives.. it will be nice to see someone else's take on these... 

BuckeyeinToledo's picture

Welp, looks like I better get around to baby making! Where is Jennifer Lawerence?

"There's nothing that cleanses your soul like getting the hell kicked out of you."

-Woody Hayes

+2 HS
bleedscarletpissmaize's picture

She's more then likely changing her iCloud password right now.

+5 HS
BuckeyePoetLaureate's picture

Sigh...I would love to write these kinds of books someday...someday.

(I'm at a low point in my self-confidence and everything.  Here's hoping it will pass and I wake up with the gall to write my own Buckeye children's book.  I have tons of ideas for these kinds of things.)

Proud alumnus of the Ohio State Creative Writing MFA Program.  Creator of the writing craft site Great Writers Steal.

+2 HS
Earle's picture

Buck up, man!  I've enjoyed the limited stuff you've posted on here.  If you'll forgive me for co-opting a Nike catchphrase, just do it!  Writers write.  Don't let any negative feedback you may have received steal your passion.

Seriously, BPL, I don't mean to spout platitudes at you, and I'm sure I'm not telling you anything that you haven't heard already or even told yourself.  I just want to encourage you to exercise your gift.

Italics are for emphasis.

+3 HS
BuckeyePoetLaureate's picture

Aw, thank you for the support.  I am working on things and I've had successes, but you know how it is--you always want more and better to happen for you. 

Proud alumnus of the Ohio State Creative Writing MFA Program.  Creator of the writing craft site Great Writers Steal.

Gobucks2204's picture

I think I'll get them for my nephews. One is almost three and the other just turned 1.  I've been indoctrinating them early.  D.J already loves the Buckeyes. He has a buckeye helmet painted on his bedroom wall. I bought OSU sippy cups and a bib for the little one.  It will be great seeing them grow up and embrace the Buckeyes.

RCRoy45's picture

That would be terrific.  Thank you for your interest.  These books actually started out as the bedtime stories I told my older daughter.  She asked me for stories.. and I told her the only ones I knew.. '79 OSU Michigan Game.. Game 6 of the '75 World Series, '86 Masters, etc...  and she loved them...

You should post some pics of them in Buckeye garb in the Buckeye Kids Club section.  It's kind of like the old Steve Martin movie "The Jerk" the sense of accomplishment he felt when his name appeared in the phone book.  That's how my girls feel when they get a picture put on the web.  Emerson drew this picture of Cornelius Green and once I posted it she has spread the word like it is in the Museum of Modern Art of something....

Just email me anything you want me to post and show it to your nephew and he will love it.. or send me a video at [email protected]

+3 HS
Gobucks2204's picture

Thanks Roy! I just ordered the two books. I watched the video trailers with my nephew D.J. He loved it. Thank you for the heart you have for the Buckeyes and for helping shape young children into men and women of character. I will definitely look forward to many years of Buckeye enjoyment with my nephews, and these books will certainly start them on the right path. Let me know if you have anymore products in the future. Go Bucks!

RCRoy45's picture

Thanks for the kind words.. that means a ton.  I am hoping this is the start of a second career where I can write 3-4 books a year on older sporting events.  I have already written my next 3 and am hoping sales are strong enough that I get the green light to publish them.  Time will tell but I appreciate your words.. and The Day I Met Woody is based on my actual life changing meeting with WWH.  He was an amazing man and in one day changed my life forever.  

+1 HS
Haybucks's picture

This is meant only to help. I'm not trying to be a smartass. At :17 to :21 the trailer says "I reccomend that all..." .
Hopefully, this misspelling is only in the trailer and not in the print version.

I never make the mistake of arguing with people for whose opinions I have no respect.
- Edward Gibbon

RCRoy45's picture

Thank u for pointing that out.  My wifey is the grammar police and she locked down the book along with the publisher - she provided me some freedom on the trailer and see what transpired.  It is now fixed... no excuse as everything needs to be right..that was a late add in as Archie recently provided his testimonial....

+3 HS
IH8UOFM's picture

I love this idea. The looks on the other kids faces will be priceless when my little 1st grader brings one of these into class for reading day. Or better yet, I could show up during one of the "secret reader" days and do it myself :)

RCRoy45's picture

haha.. can I get a video of this... seriously that would be great...

jeremytwoface's picture

I met Roy back at the Gold Pants Social last year and he told me about his books.... Good guy.

I recently found out that I'm going to be a dad for the first time and I actually thought about these books so this is awesome. Thanks for the discount!!

The first man gets the ((((Oyster)))), the second man gets the shell.

+5 HS
Tater_Schroeder's picture

Congrats on the news!

How Firm Thy Friendship

+1 HS
RCRoy45's picture

Thanks for the kind words.. and I second the congrats...  do you know what you are having yet?

+1 HS
jeremytwoface's picture

Thank you!

Not quite yet. We will find out in a few weeks.

The first man gets the ((((Oyster)))), the second man gets the shell.

Wilkins78's picture

Just ordered, these will be a great addition to my daughter's first Christmas haul.  Thank you, Roy.

+1 HS
RCRoy45's picture

you are a good dad .... thinking about Christmas this early... she is blessed.  

Adam21's picture

Just bought both books. I am going back to school to get my teaching degree and plan to have both of these books in my classroom.

+2 HS
RCRoy45's picture

That is the ultimate compliment.  Really.  Thanks

buckdubbs007's picture

Ordered... possible to get signed copies?  :D

UFM      bucks

RCRoy45's picture

surely you are joking about this...

buckdubbs007's picture

LOL of course I know how retail distribution works.  Nice job on the books though.

UFM      bucks

RCRoy45's picture

I would just be astonished that someone would want it.. it would be something if that were the case.. they are setting up a book signing in my little home town when I go back in October... it seems crazy to me. but thank you for the kind words..

+2 HS
buckdubbs007's picture

Hell I would want it if not for anything else, just for the SWAG factor

UFM      bucks

+2 HS
cronimi's picture

Ordered. I began the indoctrination of my daughter -- now all of 15 weeks old -- on Saturday with her first Buckeye game. (I even have pics of her watching the game.)  These books should help further the cause. Thanks, Roy!! 

+2 HS
RCRoy45's picture

Thank you sir...  that is fantastic stuff my friend!   send me a pic of your daughter and I'll put her in the Buckeye Kids Club part of the website...   and check out the links above.. my daughter is doing Script Ohio at the Buckeye Bash.. she even dotted the i at the end.  It was glorious ;-)

[email protected]

+1 HS
RCRoy45's picture

This response to this promotion thus far has been more than overwhelming.  I am so thankful to 11W and Ramzy for this partnership and I've always thought that my books were a perfect fit for the 11W community as I feel it has a unique brand all its own within the Buckeye Internet Universe.... I can't wait till the books ship to see what your kids think of them.   

Thanks again and Go Bucks!

+2 HS
Gobucks2204's picture

Roy,

My neighbor is a professional children's books illustrator. He might be able to help you in the future. His name is Tim Bowers. His website is www.timbowers.com You could probably reach him through hs website if you need to.  We are watching the game against Kent State now. Go Bucks!

Nick

RCRoy45's picture

Thank you for the suggestion.. I checked out his artwork and he does a remarkable job...

Also a quick update for those who did the pre order.  I spoke with the printer - I expect the books to ship by Mid October assuming there are no delays on their end.  Thanks again to everyone and I can't wait for the books to arrive!

Go Bucks

+1 HS
buckdubbs007's picture

Awaiting the arrival of my order (45 go archie :) )

UFM      bucks