Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

Second Best Damn Band in the Land: World's Greatest Navy

Geraffi's picture
August 31, 2014 at 9:44am
4 Comments

While walking toward the stadium yesterday, the Navy Band assembled and began their progression. I paused with my two children and we watched as they marched and performed "Anchors Away", then we walked alongside them as the drum corp rattled off marching orders.  It was truly inspiring and it gave me chills. 

I loved the pageantry of the game yesterday. The progression to the stadium, the procession of the Cadets onto the field, the pregame handshake, singing the alma mater post game; both humbling and inspiring. 

I have profound respect and admiration for our Service men and women. Thank you to all who serve, have served, and will serve to protect us!

dubjayfootball90's picture

I second that. Also, it must have been a great atmosphere to bring your children to. Hope you had a good time.

You can feed a bobcat all the chili it wants. That don't mean it's going to crap out diamonds.

+1 HS
TURD_BUCKET's picture

The service academies know how to keep tradition alive. Respect.

“Being average means you are as close to the bottom as you are to the top.” John Wooden

JohnnyKozmo's picture

Very cool to see everything that took place pregame and postgame.  It was hard to root against Navy, but the game was played with incredible respect and honor on both sides.

Iwannagobacktoohiostate's picture

I give CBS television credit for staying with the game after the final play.  Most of the time it is quick to the talking heads to replay the game with a point of view.  

Also, the announcers knew to be quiet and respect the playing of the Hymn and Carmen Ohio.  I actually got to watch college football with the traditions that make college football truly unique.  We need a little more of the traditions and a little less of the commercials, IMHO.  

That is the good part of the broadcast.  I will leave the negative parts of the broadcast, pictures, and commentating to the experts here to critique.