Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

Run the Damn Ball

Dmac3212's picture
August 30, 2014 at 12:54pm
22 Comments

Is early but I am nervous. after that 3 and out. Jt not awful but definitely stares down receivers and takes his eyes off down field when pressure comes. Don't like the play calling. Elliot?smith are not touching the rock. 

Braxton2Devin's picture

Or throw the short passes to the Runningbacks. Samuel, Wilson, Marshall, and Elliott. Let them catch it out of the backfield and burn past these unathletic fucks

-2 HS
Toilrt Paper's picture

FIRST block the damn opponents AND this is only Navy.

AirForceNUT's picture

B2D Do you think your last sentence is just a tad disrespectful? I certainly do.

-1 HS
11UrbzAndSpices's picture

Ramzy? Is that you?

Not stopping until I have more Helmet Stickers than M Man

Dmac3212's picture

Finish the drive with the damn run

Hovenaut's picture

Patience...

"Success...it's what you do with what you got" - Woody Hayes

+1 HS
Dmac3212's picture

Patience with the players not the play calling....option on 3 and 1 on the goal line! Up the middle with Zeke two plays in a row. MENSA my ass....he out thinks him self and gets cute.  

+2 HS
Hovenaut's picture

Yeah, I'm not too pleased either...but I think they'll get it figured out. Can't see running an option against a defense that sees it - all day, every day.

Slow settle, everyone is looking to get in sync still.

"Success...it's what you do with what you got" - Woody Hayes

+2 HS
The Rill Dill's picture

......MENSA cost us two games last year, and trying to do the same with this game.  OPTION ??  Yeah, that'll work, they've never seen that in practice.  WTF

-1 HS
Toilrt Paper's picture

Navy thought it would be Ezekiel up the middle, they had the middle stacked. If not the play could have been. Checked. Braxton would not have stretched the play he would have cut up with his quickness and 225 pounds.

luckynutz's picture

Dont be cute. Just pound this team. Pound them hard. They cant handle it.

+1 HS
Dmac3212's picture

should have 2 tds

-1 HS
whiskeyjuice's picture

I would have never guessed that osu would not have a td in the first half

"You'll find out that nothing that comes easy is worth a dime. As a matter of fact, I never saw a football player make a tackle with a smile on his face." -- Wayne Woodrow Hayes

sivaDavis's picture

Like Hove said. Patience.

Did everyone really think losing an NFL caliber RB, 4 SR offensive linemen, along with our two time B1G MVP QB was going to mean nothing? That the offense would not skip a beat? Let's sweat this one out and see what happens in the 2nd half. It's gonna be a tough one, was always going to be.

"I've had smarter people around me all my life, but I haven't run into one yet that can outwork me. And if they can't outwork you, then smarts aren't going to do them much good." - Woody Hayes

+2 HS
TURD_BUCKET's picture

How 'bout 2 TDs per quarter in the second half, please? For OSU that is

“Being average means you are as close to the bottom as you are to the top.”

BIG needs to be Relevant Again's picture

Run the GD ball! That is all. So far play calling and lack of defensive checks are killing this game

Just win

+1 HS
The Rill Dill's picture

Unfortunately, same shit-different names.

-2 HS
CuseGirl's picture

The run game was just fine and then that option crap to the right....what was that?

And you know THIS....man!

Tater_Schroeder's picture

Enough with the trick plays Bert, run the dang ball! 

Run the ball

How Firm Thy Friendship

+1 HS
bakerjon's picture

Really thought we had the advantage running the ball with power and zone read. They didn't really stop that all day. That should have been the diet in the first half IMO. Would have thought we would see more Rod Smith as a big strong back on 3rd and 4th and short. Once we get the big lead and wear than down, then let JTB4 open it up. Game was called a little backwards. BUT...In Urban and Herman we trust

"It's all ball bearings these days guys"

+1 HS