Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

Tre Johnson, Sam Hubbard, Jaylin Holmes??

BuckeyeWags's picture
August 27, 2014 at 1:55pm
20 Comments

Any word on these guys? What was Marshon Lattimore's injury? When will he be back?

bethmowins's picture

I'm surprised that Dante Booker already beat out Trey for Perry's backup.

+2 HS
Calgarybuck's picture

I'm not, kid was an all-american for a reason, he's already at 233 with his athleticism is just plain scary! 

+2 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Just wait til he has a couple of years under Coach Mick - then we can REALLY talk about scary.

Buckeye06's picture

Johnson played in the UA game in 2013...and was a top 100 player in the country himself.

+1 HS
otrain2416's picture

Booker is huge, plus he had the 2nd fastest 40 time for a LB at the opening last year.

+1 HS
awlinBrutus's picture

Trey is looking more like a DE than a LB. don't we use him as a rush end or viper?

MICHIGAN STILL SUCKS

bucks15's picture

Trey Johnson has been out most of camp with a knee injury.  UFM said he'll be back next week.  I'd expect a competition at that point.  

InHartWeTrust's picture

Trey had a knee, which allowed Booker to pass him.

OSU_1992_UFM's picture

Hard to run when you lost a knee....where did it go!?!?

UFM_Renewal

+2 HS
IBLEEDSCARLETANDGRAY's picture

Meyer has amassed so much talent over the last 2.5 years it is entirely possible we have freshmen who are really good who won't even play this year. Great problem to have.

"Sherman ran an option play right through the south" - Greatest Civil War analogy EVER.

-1 HS
Groveport Heisman's picture

I would think every single name mentioned will red shirt. We are stacked with tons of elite depth at several positions now.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

PittBuckeye's picture

I'd be pretty surprised if that happened.

Grande Gustavo's picture

I'm not sure why you both got down voted for expressing perfectly valid opinions.

The answer may not be at the bottom of a bottle, but it never hurts to check. 

+2 HS
OSU_1992_UFM's picture

Trolls among us...

UFM_Renewal

InTressITrust's picture

Holmes is battling for playing time right now I believe.  One of the articles on this site said so I believe (again).

"I'm not going to lie. We're anxious to be a part of a matchup like that. It's two states that love the game of football." -Jim Tressel

WesPatterson23's picture

Marshon Lattimore will be out for the year. Jalyn evidently is making a strong push for playing time at Viper. And depending on how Jeff Heuerman is doing, Sam Hubbard could still play either LB or TE.

+1 HS
904buckeye's picture

Why would this comment get 2 downvotes?

GO BUCKS. BEAT MISSAGAIN

whiskeyjuice's picture

Man there a lot of good young players on this team.

"You'll find out that nothing that comes easy is worth a dime. As a matter of fact, I never saw a football player make a tackle with a smile on his face." -- Wayne Woodrow Hayes

+2 HS
BassDropper's picture

Meyer just said on his call in show that Trey Johnson has been out all of camp with a knee injury and is due back next week.

DIRECTIONER

+3 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Didn't listen Bass but thanks for the update. Hopefully he will be able to see the field with some real playing time in the next few!