Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

Gerry Dinardo says he doesn't how OSU is going to move the ball.

allinosu's picture
August 27, 2014 at 6:02am
123 Comments

FOX went to BTN for coverage of the BIG this morning and I was a little set back how negative the comments were of us without Braxton. Gerry said we are not a good tail back team and can't throw the ball so he doesn't know how we are going to move the ball. Running the option could be the way to save us. These guys seen all the teams and feel it's wide open for MSU and MU. I was starting to feel good again about things but now?

TMac's picture

This is why Gary Dinardo isn't coaching any longer, and why we should be glad we have Herman and Meyer.

+47 HS
whiskeyjuice's picture

"You'll find out that nothing that comes easy is worth a dime. As a matter of fact, I never saw a football player make a tackle with a smile on his face." -- Wayne Woodrow Hayes

+2 HS
Silver Bullet 10's picture

Lol, we have two of the greatest offensive coaches in the game, and all the 4 and 5 star players you could ask for. Quit telling me won't be able to move the ball. People to need to put things in perspective. By the way, who the hell is Wisconsin's QB? Or Alabama's? How are we any different? 

+49 HS
bucks4nuts's picture

Bingo 

"To The House"

+4 HS
allinosu's picture

We're not the press is.

Colerainbuck's picture

Lol. All is well. Before everyone rips him, he has a job to do and to be objective. The facts are that we have a redshirt frosh QB, 4 out of 5 OL gone and no proven RB...yet. Not to mention last years defense.

I'm sure we'll have growing pains but in my humble opinion I think we'll be fine. Fact is we lost the B1G last yr and MSU won.

I actually find it refreshing to be the hunter and think when the young talent buys in that this team could be great. This is NOT an easy schedule this yr and am tired of hearing otherwise. VT, UC and Navy are very good teams and while not being marquee names are very tough games none the less.

+8 HS
Furious George 27's picture

We may have last years defense, but MSU also had to replace 7 starters on that unit, and 3 of 5 on the OL and their offense was average at best. So they have some big question marks as well

Yeah, well…that’s just like, your opinion, man.

+4 HS
allinosu's picture

It's a little different sitting on top trying to stay there.

+1 HS
sjOH1OSt's picture

"

Lol. All is well. Before everyone rips him, he has a job to do and to be objective. The facts are that we have a redshirt frosh QB, 4 out of 5 OL gone and no proven RB...yet. Not to mention last years defense.

I'm sure we'll have growing pains but in my humble opinion I think we'll be fine. Fact is we lost the B1G last yr and MSU won.

I can agree with that, wholeheartedly.  The rest??? Are you kidding?  This schedule is very weak.  One in which with a healthy Braxton we have one (maybe two depending on scUM and PSU) tough game.  Granted, it get's harder with the loss of Braxton, but to claim this is NOT an easy schedule blows my mind. 

LONG LIVE THE NEUTRON MAN!!

-10 HS
Toilrt Paper's picture

II can't wait until after the game when Ohio State wins by 3 TDs and see who all of the whiners are that are bitching about not winning by 50. I know it will be the same on here who thinks OSU is a shoe in for the Final Four.

Defiance J's picture

Give me a break . . . Most coaches in the BIG would kill for the weapons we have at the skill positions. There is no rule that your QB has to be the only contributor. 

+9 HS
allinosu's picture

The  recent Alabama QBs haven't been might to write about so your right.

jonping67's picture

Do we listen to Jerry's crap "I don't know how OSU is going to move the ball".
Or
Urban Meyer " This is a really, really good team".
No brained....In Urban we trust.

+7 HS
bucks4nuts's picture

Gerry had a sweet blazer tho. 

if Ohio State doesn't move the ball. Well then there is an issue 

"To The House"

+2 HS
rosycheeks's picture

I'd take this pretty seriously...Gerry knows a thing or two about not moving the football.

+58 HS
VarsityClubMD's picture

Damn...I need to get to these topics quicker. This was my first thought, too.  Well played.

Dot this

+3 HS
Poison nuts's picture

Rosycheeks for the win.

"Death created time to grow the things that it would kill" - Detective Rustin Cohle.

+4 HS
bigbadbuck's picture

Just ask his Indiana teams how they didn't move the football.........................

+1 HS
Rob Reese's picture

+1 all day long.

"All I have known at Michigan is failure.  That's all I know." - Taylor Lewan

+1 HS
allinosu's picture

Suppose he didn't get a hat from us on his visit.

whiskeyjuice's picture

Just the simple fact that FOX invited the B1G Ten Network, you would think that  Gerry and whomever else was speaking for the B1G would have taken the opportunity to promote the B1G. He easily could have said the same thing but could have worded it differently. He could have said that OSU has lots of unproven talent that will get their chance to see if they can make the transition to the college game, etc. But to sit there and say "I have no idea how OSU is going to move the ball" seems way too negative. On the other hand, I sure hope he is wrong this Saturday or most of us will look like fools for ripping him.

"You'll find out that nothing that comes easy is worth a dime. As a matter of fact, I never saw a football player make a tackle with a smile on his face." -- Wayne Woodrow Hayes

+5 HS
FitzBuck's picture

Well thank god it wasn't Jim Bollman that made that comment.  He wrote the book on not moving the football.

Fitzbuck | Toledo - Ohio's right armpit | "A troll by any other name is still a troll".

+9 HS
FROMTHE18's picture

except against our defense in the B1G title game...

+5 HS
Squirrel Master's picture

I love Braxton but to think OSU can't move the ball because no Braxton and no Hyde are on this team highly underestimates Urban and this coaching staff.

People are acting like OSU shouldn't even be ranked. Its getting laughable.

I saw a UFO once.......it told me to have a goodyear!

+1 HS
droessl's picture

Gerry DiNardo's record at Indiana: 8-27, including a sparkling 3-21 in B1G play. No further comments, your honor, 

+20 HS
GoBucksOSU's picture

Don't forget he did not exactly light it up at LSU either before being fired in favor of Nick Saban.

allinosu's picture

Yes there is,OUCH

RunEddieRun1983's picture

Urban Meyer will get the most out of this roster with, or without Braxton Miller.  If the most he can get out of this roster is a 8 or 9 win season, he will get it.  As disappointing as it is, we did lose the most proliphic player Ohio State has had since TP.  But with that said, Meyer can maximize the talent he has on this offense and get them to (hopefully) reach heights they didn't originally think possible.  Barrett just needs some reps and confidence and he will be fine.

I don't always downvote, but I do always downvote a Michigan fan trolling the Buckeye boards.

+1 HS
Vinsaniti's picture

I was watching something on BTN last night. It seems to me all that Gerry DiNardo cares about is looking like he came from an anchorman movie and hearing his voice. I wouldn't worry about what he has to say about the Buckeyes. We have Urban Meyer and Tom Herman, offensive genius'.

+1 HS
ghalephoto's picture

When DiNardo took over at Indiana, he went to every High School in the state and met the Coaches.  The result of his meetings were at best, horrible.  Coaches still talk about how his approach, schemes and player development wasn't going to work.  The term used a lot was that he seems to be guessing.  He has not changed, he guesses more than anybody on the BigTen Network.  

+2 HS
FairfaxBuckeye's picture

DiNardo, the guy that last year said that Ohio State didn't have a running back.

Carlos Hyde, single handedly, demonstrated that DiNardo is an idiot.

+13 HS
ISURVIVEDCOOPER's picture

Well, let's not go off the cliff and call our good luck charm an idiot just because we disagree with him.  Afterall, I would portend that the odds of us doing better are even better now that Mr. Dinardo has thrown down the gauntlet that we have no RB.

"I don't apologize for anything.  When I make a mistake, I take the blame and go on from there." - Woody Hayes

+2 HS
Hovenaut's picture

I love good comedy.

+4 HS
buckeyedude's picture

The disrespect coming from every direction in regards to OSU losing Braxton is amazing to me. It's actually a good position for the Buckeyes to be in. Disrespect breeds anger. Anger breeds an angry team. Those are the kinds of teams UFM likes.

+1 HS
FairfaxBuckeye's picture

Yes, Urban has used disrespect as a motivation tool very well in the past.  Unfortunately, one example was against the Buckeyes when he was at Florida.

I_Run_The_Dave's picture

Fear leads to anger.

Anger leads to hate.

Hate leads to suffering.

+4 HS
Frimmel's picture

And Vader dealt out a lot of suffering. So let's be Vader. I'll start worrying when the farmboy who kisses his sister shows up... and since we won't see the SEC till the playoffs...

+5 HS
I_Run_The_Dave's picture

Well, Vader kicked Luke's butt their first time.  But that farmboy was his son, so he couldn't fight him the second time around.  And I wouldn't say the SEC is like our son, I'd say that's more MSU territory, stealing their HC and OC from us after all.  So as long as we don't play MSU in the title game, then we're good to go, as we'll beat them handily in our first meeting during the regular season.  Maybe the SEC is emperor Palpatine?

Think of the B1G championship game last year like "A New Hope", the regular season this year like "The Empire Strikes Back" and then let's hope Luke falls into the sarlacc pit when "Return of the Jedi" comes around.

Frimmel's picture

I'm thinking you've totally missed what I was saying about the SEC. :-)

Great point about Vader winning the first round though.

I_Run_The_Dave's picture

Oh, I definitely didn't miss that part, ha!

whiskeyjuice's picture

So does that make Navy like the Jawas?

rdubs's picture

If he thinks we have no good RBs just check the YPC of the guys in our stable right now.  I am more worried about our OL creating time and space, but since we have the best OL Coach in the country I am not even that worried about that.  It might take a game or two for the chemistry to flow, but if we get through the first two everything will come together just fine.

+1 HS
Grayskullsession's picture

Well maybe he can watch on Saturday and take notes on how to be a good coach.

"if irony were made of strawberries, we' d all be drinking a lot of smoothies right now."

allinosu's picture

He would miss the point.

apack614's picture

We will see Gerry, we will see -__-. He is wrong we have great backs and clearly no one knows if we can throw the ball yet or not.

"If we worked half as hard as our band, we'd be champions." - Woody Hayes

mh277907's picture

3-21 career B1G record... Something tells me that he is not a good source of information on "moving the ball."

buckeyebobcat

+2 HS
GoBucks713's picture

Hey Dinardo, shut up and let Mark May do HIS job.

-The Aristocrats!

+5 HS
jedkat's picture

I really never know what he's saying, I always get distracted by his clown hands flailing around constantly.

“The teams that don’t respect their coaches and don’t trust their coaches are the teams that go .500"
~Zach Boren

+2 HS
whiskeyjuice's picture

Yeah, you are right JEDKAT, he reminds he of the inflatable flailing arm man..........

+2 HS
TURD_BUCKET's picture

Who cares what Gerry Dinardo thinks?

“Being average means you are as close to the bottom as you are to the top.”

+5 HS
J.Mo's picture

Ohio State's 3rd string running back Brionte Dunn would be starting at probably 8 of the other B1G teams if he went there instead.

+4 HS
airbuckeye's picture

Stop listening to an ass hat that had a sub .500 coaching career i mean the man only had a record of 59 wins 76 loses and one tie and knows football? I had a pet gerbil once that knew more about football than he ever will and my gerbil was demented because it did everthing backwards.

+2 HS
CALPOPPY's picture

sub 0.500 coaching career? You are a generous man. Kudos to you for being so positive. I like your glass half-full mentality. +1

I'm a hurtin' buckaroo.

+1 HS
Kindell's picture

Too bad we couldn't have an offensive of minded coach with over a decade of proven production.

+3 HS
tosubuckeye's picture

I agree with TMAC's comments about Gerry. There's a reason why he is no longer coaching. It makes you wonder (duh) what appeal does a guy with a losing record bring to the studio as a reputable opinion of football. I don't get it. To say we lack tailbacks (Seriously) is beyond being inept and ill-informed. Before putting foot in mouth pal do your research.

tosubuckeye

+2 HS
bethmowins's picture

Gerry also seems to think every team's dline that he lays eyes on are the best evar!!!1!. Since Gerry saw OSU's line close to the end of the B1G teams, OSU's line is maybe 4th or 5th best in conference.

sox33osu's picture

When we end up being one of the top teams in the conference (if not THEE top team), and are among the top 2-3 offenses in the league, bring it back to Gerry.

InHartWeTrust's picture

Gerry DiNardo is brain dead when it comes to analyzing college football.  End of thread.

+1 HS
TheBadOwl's picture

Gerry Dinardo doesn't know how OSU is going to move the ball.

Answer: Quickly.

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

+7 HS
TUNBUCK89's picture

And regularly...........to the opponent's end zone !  And you better believe it. 

+1 HS
MN Buckeye's picture

I really don't know how these former mediocre players/coaches get these talking head jobs. 

+2 HS
Ahh Saturday's picture

For  Gerry Dinardo:

Urban Meyer is one of the best college football coaches of the last 20 years, specifically renowned for his offensive mind. He has a roster full of highly rated prospects that he recruited to fit his system who are now maturing into their roles. He has one of the best OL coaches in the country on staff, and one of the brightest offensive coordinators as well. The Buckeye will move the ball because they have the coaches to move the ball, the players to move the ball, and the will to move the ball. You don't see how they will move the ball? Tune in on Saturdays and watch.

+3 HS
buckeyestu's picture

Dinardo is a clown, he was a lousy football coach. I do not even like hearing words escape from his mouth. However I am not sure how the Buckeyes are going to move the ball. Will Urban discover that EZE is the next El Guapo and just pound the ball? Can JT throw the ball? There are 4 new offensive linemen. Maybe Rod Smith will finally do his impression of Eddie George? What about Dontre? Can the wide receivers catch the ball, what about Curtis? I am pretty sure the Buckeyes will move the ball, but how? I plan to watch.  My major concern is can the defense play? If the defense can actually stop teams from scoring on a regular basis, then the offense wont have to put up basketball like scores every game.

TheBadOwl's picture

Congratulations to Gerry Dinardo! You're the winner of the daily 11W "Forum Topic About Why We Should We Hate This Analyst" Award!

Previous winners include... well, everyone, basically.

Unpopular opinion: Dinardo is not a hack. We're replacing Braxton and Hyde. They were 95% of our offense last year. We're replacing them with a RS freshman quarterback who is 20 months removed from a major ACL reconstruction and a sophomore tailback who produced last year... against FAMU.

Listen, I have faith in the young skill players, but they haven't proven anything yet, and they should be treated as such until they do. This is a good thing, it gives them a chip on their shoulders.

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

+5 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Probably not the best talent evaluator out there.

I would love to have the Buckeyes blow out Navy and have him called out on this issue

+1 HS
whiskeyjuice's picture

Agreed but I bet the show would never take that question. Still it would be nice to hear somebody eat their words. ................You listening Mark May?

iBuckeye's picture

PEOPLE. PLEASE REMEMBER. J.T. Barrett isn't some scrub. He was a highly ranked QB out of Texas. He isn't some true freshman being thrown into the fire either. He was redshirted, is now in his second year learning the offense, and has been taking first team reps for months now. WE WILL BE OKAY. KEEP CALM AND BUCKEYE ON.

Groveport Heisman's picture

Actually he  has been taking 2nd team reps up until recently when he passed Cardale in the last 2 weeks.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

iBuckeye's picture

You honestly believe that while Braxton has been out that Cardale Jones has been taking 100% of the 1st team reps?

-1 HS

No not a 100%.But I know Cardale was ahead of J.T. all the  way up to a couple weeks ago. Point is it isnt like J.T. was taking all of the first team reps. And I doubt they were even getting split 50/50.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

-1 HS
iBuckeye's picture

It was probably closer to 50/50 than you'd think. That's probably how/why he displayed to the coaches what they needed to see to bump him ahead of Cardale. Just my speculation.....POINT IS, lol, Dinardo is an idiot and it isn't like we are throwing some freshman nobody into the fire that won't be able to move the ball.

-1 HS
Idaho Helga's picture

I think we'll see both in the game on Saturday.  Only 3 more days to speculate!!!

Yea I think it was probably a 60/40 type of situation or close too. Yes Dinardo is a tool and has to say things to drum up interest from other B1G teams. He was highly critical at times last year about our offense and running game and looked like a total jack wagon. I didnt mean for it to come off as that I was just stating that J.T. wasnt being prepped as the starter and wasnt taking all the first team reps. J.T. did a interview this January and it was alarming to me because he mentioned still trying to learn the playbook and his leg was still sore from time to time and he seemed perfectly comfortable being 3rd string. Him starting this first game would mean he made a monumental leap from January till present. Thats a great sign. I personally think he will start out kind of slow but show massive improvement as the season goes on. Hopefully he can stay healthy because we are going to need him to run the rock in critical moments.

-1 HS
allinosu's picture

You are right, Texas has an article about going after the wrong kid. Now they want JT.

buckeyedexter's picture

This just goes to prove the supposedly "expert college football analysts" don't even watch the games or really know about the teams.  I bet they just watch the highlights and glace at the box scores.

HotSauceCommittee's picture

This is my problem with the Big 10 Network. Instead of promoting its best team, they seem to go out of their way to downplay OSU. I know I know, it cant all be about the Buckeyes. In watching their camp coverage, they seemed to have spent more time covering Illinois, Iowa, etc. I doubt the almighty SEC network will downplay Alabama.

+1 HS
TheBadOwl's picture

We're replacing Braxton Miller, Carlos Hyde, four offensive line starters, Ryan Shazier and Bradley Roby. The players replacing them have a combined one career start (Elflein).

I get it, we're going to have a good team. But BTN and ESPN aren't wrong to be skeptical, we're lacking experience. We haven't proven anything yet.

-1 HS
ShowThemOhiosHere's picture

There's a difference between being skeptical and suggesting that OSU won't be able to move the ball.

Class of 2010.

+7 HS
QBYBuckeye's picture

Did someone hit "Replay" on a tape from his coaching days?

New York Buckeye

+1 HS
OscarSierraUniform's picture

Exactly.  He wouldn't know what to do with this team and all this talent.  It's why he's in the studio and not on the sideline.

See ball, get ball.

+1 HS
whiskeyjuice's picture

He doesn't even know what to do with his hands when he talks!!!!

+1 HS
HoopHal's picture

I think that DiNardo is auditioning for ESPN if the slot previously manned by Trev Alberts and that pig Mark May becomes available

tOSUperiour's picture

I'm not that turned off by the guy. Before I go to his door with pitchforks I try to remember that he and his cohorts have to somehow promote Illinois, Purdue, Rutgers, Maryland, etc etc.  OSU, MSU, and UM are 3 egotistical peas in a giant, narcissistic pod and they garner all the attention.  But the BTN is is an equal opportunity promoter, so I'll pretend like DiNardo doesn't know what he's talking about which probably won't be too difficult.

We don't give a Da*n for the whole state of *ichigan cause we're from OHIO!

jamesrbrown322's picture

There is no refuting DiNardo's credentials. After all, if anyone knows about not moving the ball, it's him.

"I can accept failure, but I cannot accept not trying." - W.W. Hayes

+1 HS
Jbucks's picture

i dont get it. OSU has one bad year and suddenly were our hate meter goes from 60%- 99%. What is it? we go from TP to Braxton and thats the end of good QB's at OSU? NO yeah JT is ahead of PT schedule due to Millers Injury but its not the end of the world its NEXT MAN UP! also if JT had went ti Bama, LSU or Texas A&M he'd some how be on the heisman watchlist for 2014. Wanna know how were gonna move the ball? were gonna move it the BUCKEYE WAY! Fast aggressive and every damn time we touch it! if we win out and win in playoffs nobody can ever say somthing about us again, theyd have nothing to criticize we would have done it with our backup QB. so get ready yall this year is gonna be hell in the media stand point if we win big and keep winning with our QB the media will do everything they can to try and sway any possitives from our season out of fear of us winning with a back up.
just cant wait till ESPN has to shutdown for a week at the end of the year due to everyone needing surgery to remove their foots from their own mouth!

Light shines in the darkness and the darkness has not overcome it-John 1:5 SEC meet Ohio State, Ohio State meet SEC

+2 HS
whiskeyjuice's picture

I like your passion JBUCKS.

+1 HS
CTBuckeyeFan's picture

Dinardo also said scUM was the best team in the B1G last year at this time, so it seems he really has no idea what he's talking about.

+6 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

Well, they were tied for first in the B1G at this time last year at 0-0 right? So I guess he's right...

+2 HS
PasadenaBuckeye626's picture

Gerry Dinardo career coaching record: 59-76-1.

Go Bucks!

+4 HS
whiskeyjuice's picture

LOL, I really, really would like to see him take a live question about how he thinks he can evaluate NCAA football with a head coaching record of 59-76-1....ROFLMAO!!!

jamesrbrown322's picture

Then there's also Matt Millen...

ShowThemOhiosHere's picture

DiNardo is borderline senile so...

Class of 2010.

+2 HS
Hitman61's picture

BTN crew in general is boring. A reflection of their research teams. I see better opinions on this site. My cable provide dropped BTN earlier this year. Aside from the games I really don't miss it all.

LebBuckeye

+2 HS
CTBuckeyeFan's picture

Yeah, whoever is in charge of their programming needs to step it up.  There's not much worth watching on there outside of the actual games.  The Journey is pretty good, as is Big 10's Best but there should be ALOT more given the access to the teams they have.  Why they don't do their own version of Training Days is a mystery to me.  Seems like a no brainer.

+1 HS
Frimmel's picture

I don't know why they don't find some bloggers/web writers from each school and get them to do a weekly show on their teams. Give 'em access to the BTN resources? Every school as some pale imitation of Eleven Warriors. Could easily fill up a 1/2 hour spot every week for each shool.

+1 HS
OSU_1992_UFM's picture

They should just put these threads up. No talking...just read the wisdom,soak it in

I love you 11Ws!!!!!!!

UFM_Renewal

+1 HS
dornstar's picture

There's those analysts out there that you expect something negative to be said about Ohio State.... Gerry Dinardo is one of those guys.

+1 HS
Ohio Guy in Jersey's picture

This has a lot to do with DiNardo being an offensive football coach who believes strongly in the pro set with a multiple approach. That's why he loves Wisconsin.

He was hammering Urban Meyer and the spread from the moment Meyer got hired. DiNardo said OSU would have no A-gap run game. So all Carlos Hyde did was knock that theory on it's ass. Now that Hyde and Miller are gone, DiNardo is back singing the same song.

If he's wrong, it means he doesn't know as much about coaching offense as he thinks.

FWIW, Mason was a much more successful coach than DiNardo. Mase has an all-time winning record after coaching at Kansas and Minnesota - cfb juggernauts. DiNardo does not. And he couldn't win consistently at LSU...LSU!

+1 HS
Frimmel's picture

I think it means he just hasn't read the breakdowns here at Eleven Warriors breaking down the O. Coach Meyer is a spread to run it between the tackles coach. Coach Meyer even came out in an early presser and said his O is based on power run football. DiNardo is an idiot.

Montana silver bullet's picture

Even the other guys in the studio laugh out loud at half the comments Dinardo makes. Do yourself a favor and don't take the man seriously, Bad Owl, I'm afraid your wrong on this one. Watched enough of BTN to know this man is indeed a hack commentator.  Not to mention an UNsuccessful coach- 

Montana Silver Bullet

+1 HS
Buckeye Knight's picture

Hey Gerry, like this:

+7 HS
ShawneeBuck74's picture

DiNardo hates the spread - even though he shows he doesn't fully understand our power-spread.  He won't critique teams like Iowa or Wisconsin because they're a traditional ground and pound offense with a QB who is a statue or at best can scramble out of a bad play and get a couple yards.

He's old school in his football mentality, the kind that doesn't want to admit (or like) theat the game has evolved. Every time Braxton got hurt or was off...Gerry would say "see, this is why the spread doesn't work."  While his point has some validity, Tim Tebow & Cam Newton thrived in this offense.  I think Gerry just doesn't want the spread to succeed because it offends his football sensibilities. 

You win with people. 

IslandBumBuckeye's picture

Does anyone think DiNunzio is secretly clever enough to be laying down some motivational reverse psychology? Yeah, me neither.

"...because they wouldn't let me go for three."

KevinJ's picture

Gerry said he was concerned about our ability to run the football last year, knowing we had El Guapo, so there ya go!

+3 HS
WhySoSerious's picture

kiss my ass Gerry..

Rare&Uncommon

Like the ball in the stands, we balls out

+3 HS
Keyser Soze's picture

hey GAYree,

were you so critical of our team because you lost 3 times to us for a combined score of 110-30? or was it that you never won more than 3 games in a whole season at indiana? or could it have been that your 3 year record was an abysmal 8–27? It may also be that you attended notre lame and are still hurt from the beat downs we gave your alma mater in 95, 96 and 05? You were the sec coach of the year in 91 so thats pretty sweet... oh yes wait a second that was before the sec was relevant, you know kind of like being the conference USA COY....

Nothing you have done since you lucked out to be on a national championship team in 73 has been worth anything but soiled toilet paper. How you have and hold a job on the air amazes me every time I get reminded that you are even in existence.  

That's how winners play. We convince the other guy he's making all the right moves.

-1 HS
sb97's picture

Folks its all just talk now.  In a few days time our guys will make their statement and set a few people straight.

63tinman's picture

DiNar...DOH!!!  Fortunately the Buck's fortunes do not rest upon expert analysis, TV talking heads.

Toilrt Paper's picture

This is not worth the time on here. Last year the same DiNardo didn't think Ohio State had a down hill runner. That Urban's offense needs to be successful.

I wouldn't trade a healthy EZE for any other back in the Big Ten.

E2Brutus's picture

File this under "heard it before." Gerry D has always been an OSU naysayer. He can't seem to comprehend this offense because his were always so plain. Run run pass punt repeat.

causeicouldntgo43's picture

"DiNardo" must be Italian for "I don't have a fuggin clue".

+1 HS
Tkebuck1's picture

Hear a lot of negatives about VT and UC both on this board and in press...the Bucks better bring their best A games to these snobberknockers or they'll be in dog fights in both. Just sayin...

Brutus1972's picture

He didn't know how they were going to move the ball on teams he was actually coaching. No surprise that he doesn't know how tOSU is going to move the ball. "Thank you for the very charitable bulletin board material Mr. Dinardo" signed: Your Friendly Resident Psychologist, Urban F Meyer. Indiana gets beat by 65 this year and the starters never come out of the game just for being formally associated with this idiot.

+1 HS
hardkorethree's picture

I see where Dinardo is coming from.  Yes, we are losing 4 offensive lineman, Braxton Miller, Carlos Hyde, Philly Brown.  But to suggest Ohio State suddenly won't be able to move the football at all is a little too much.  We might not be the same offensive team as last year, but there are too many weapons on this team with Tom Herman and Urban Meyer at coach for this to be a horrific offense as he seems to indicate.  I feel very confident in our RB corps with Ezekiel Elliot at the head, and I have faith our offensive line will come together over the course of the year if they can stay injury free.  Let's not forget we have Dontre Wilson, Jalin Marshall, and Curtis Samuel as weapons.  Our gameplan will be different with J.T. Barrett at the helm, but he just needs to play within himself.

+1 HS
DCBuckeye33's picture

Well Gerry Dinardo can tune in Saturday at 12 noon and see first hand how the f*&% OSU is going to move the ball. And if after that he still doesn't get it, he can tune in the following Saturday and watch the array of weapons at JTs disposal move the F%*CKING BALL. Eventually, maybe, if he watches enough, he will figure it out. Just like the rest of the national morons and doomsday naysayers. My goodness I am ready for this season start

GO BUCKS

+1 HS
Jack Fu's picture

"Hurr durr everybody hates us hurr."

[YAWN]

+2 HS
dubjayfootball90's picture

We have no runninggbacks, no receivers, and some no name qb... we will not move the ball...

Oh yea, I forgot, These MEN were hand picked by Urban and Company, specifically for the offense he is going to implement... Yea, Right Gerry. What a wanker...

You can feed a bobcat all the chili it wants. That don't mean it's going to crap out diamonds.

+2 HS
Buckeye Knight's picture

LOL, upvote for using the word "wanker".

+1 HS
The Rill Dill's picture

He has reached Desmond-ish ignorance levels.  

-1 HS
buckeyedexter's picture

Gerry Dinardope just said Ohio States spread offense is a "fragile" offense and thinks good programs shouldn't use them.  I'm really starting to hate this guy.