Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

BIG-SEC-Buckeye Perceptions

0 HS
BuckeyeWags's picture
August 21, 2014 at 4:59pm
18 Comments

I have noted with some interest, the change in odds for the Buckeyes to win it all this year as they slid from 10-1 to 50-1, due to Braxton's injury. I saw that JT Barrett had numerous SEC offers, including Alabama. Cardale Jones too, had some SEC offers. I see that even with A.J. McCarron's departure, Alabama's odds to win it all started out at 4.5-1 and remained the same, despite McCarron's graduation, and that they have two wholly untried QB candidates to replace him. Over the last 3 years, Ohio State has recruited at a higher level than any school save Alabama. Our record last year was 12-2. Both our recruiting levels and our record last year was better than, Florida, Georgia, LSU, South Carolina, and Texas AM. All of those schools too, lost last year's QB s and will be starting new, untested replacements. None of these schools are disrespected with 50-1 odds. So, is the Ohio State program that inferior to the SEC? Are our coaches that much worse? Or, is this yet another manifestation of Buckeye hate and false and inflated perceptions of the SEC? Is ESPN using Braxton's injury to further grab championship playoff advantage for the SEC at the expense of the BIG? What are your thoughts. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 18 Comments