Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

Braxton Miller Done for Season

ECSAGESTER's picture
August 18, 2014 at 9:06pm
196 Comments

UPDATE: http://buckeyextra.dispatch.com/content/stories/2014/08/18/braxton-miller-injury-update.html 

UPDATE (h/t Bucks4Nuts): 

OSU069's picture

WHAT THE FUCK?? Is this true? 

BrutusBuckey3's picture

OMG is this real? Stop. Stop. Stop. Stop. Stop 

+1 HS
ECSAGESTER's picture

Spokesman hasn't confirmed May's report, but May is a pretty legitimate source. I hope to God he's wrong. 

+1 HS
CALPOPPY's picture

What?

I'm a hurtin' buckaroo.

+1 HS
JOhio1560's picture

This can't be happening.

"You Win With People" - Woody Hayes

+1 HS
Timmy_'s picture

Continuously checking elsewhere and I haven't seen this repeated by anybody else. However, May is usually pretty accurate with his information and I don't think he would report it otherwise.

+1 HS
ECSAGESTER's picture

May is the only one with the report, but he's good at his job. Hard to be skeptical with May. 

awlinBrutus's picture

how in the world could this be accurate when he is having the MRI this morning?

MICHIGAN STILL SUCKS

tunehtraef's picture

We need confirmation that this is incorrect!

+2 HS
buckeyedexter's picture

I hope Barrett's ready.  I knew all that he's 100% was BS.

+1 HS
BroJim's picture

WTF?!?!

I season my simple food with hunger

+1 HS
BassDropper's picture

Im sick

DIRECTIONER

+1 HS
FunZone's picture

*heads to fridge for beer*

I asked Braxton how his knee was before halftime at Berkeley and he said, "What up, man."

+7 HS
bucks_4_life's picture

I'll see your beer and raise you a shot of kraken!

The juice is worth the squeeze

+2 HS
FunZone's picture

I'll wait until the lab results later this week to resort to the hard stuff

I asked Braxton how his knee was before halftime at Berkeley and he said, "What up, man."

whiskeyjuice's picture

Where is my bottle of crown?

"You'll find out that nothing that comes easy is worth a dime. As a matter of fact, I never saw a football player make a tackle with a smile on his face." -- Wayne Woodrow Hayes

+1 HS
OSU_ALUM_05's picture

Someone tell me Tim is drunk

+5 HS
OSU069's picture

Please be incorrect........

The Rill Dill's picture

If Tim May reports it-------IT IS TRUE.  Bank it.

+3 HS
logamaniac's picture

Eh?  When did jt pass up cardale on the depth chart?  There's no way this is real right?

awlinBrutus's picture

was there any doubt he would pass cardale? this past weekend Coach Herman said the offense drives functions better with JT than it does with Cardale. JT is better with his reads and his accuracy.

MICHIGAN STILL SUCKS

Jack Burton's picture

Damn you Herbstreit!!!

It's all in the reflexes - Me

+6 HS
Buckeye Chuck's picture

This thread title is in serious need of a question mark. Very irresponsible.

The most "loud mouth, disrespect" poster on 11W.

+8 HS
Scarlet_Lutefisk's picture

Done for season =/= in jeopardy for season

+4 HS
ECSAGESTER's picture

I always figured people appreciated brevity. Just wanted the report to be seen by fellow 11W folks, made the title fit without requiring an ellipses. Sorry Chuck. 

-1 HS
awlinBrutus's picture

I agree. he's having the MRI today.at best its speculation at this point.

MICHIGAN STILL SUCKS

edr4225's picture

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

lets go bucks!!

Hovenaut's picture

Patiently awaiting further details, but damn.

+3 HS
SilverState's picture

Man nightmare scenario...

JohnnyKozmo's picture

I had to check the calendar to make sure it wasn't April 1st

+1 HS
johnblairgobucks's picture

Well, I'll be rooting hard as hell for whoever lines up under center.  

Hope the news is incorrect, but it is a team game.

+4 HS
My2Sons's picture

Someone with some sense.

lsjSnail's picture

Really need details here...

Phillips.449's picture

11W is going to crash and not for a good reason this time :(

+5 HS
ECSAGESTER's picture

You called it, want to make a prediction about Tim being wrong???

+1 HS
OSU069's picture

We are screwed if true. Sorry guys but I seriously doubt we win a championship this year if Braxton is out. 

Buckeye Chuck's picture

Championship? I saw the spring game. This is a 2011-level team with anyone other than Miller quarterbacking it. 

The most "loud mouth, disrespect" poster on 11W.

-10 HS
OSU069's picture

Ya well I'm trying to stay positive but this could be a down year for us. 

BassDropper's picture

Hopefully JT is the next RS Freshman superstar

FUCK!

DIRECTIONER

+6 HS
CALPOPPY's picture

I like that Hodge prophesied this in the "Herbie picks Miller for Heisman" thread.

Damn you, Hodge.

I'm a hurtin' buckaroo.

+2 HS
osupolo's picture

It's August 18th not April 1st......

+1 HS
BrutusBuckey3's picture

Is it April 1st? WHAT THE HELL

Whoa Nellie's picture

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

“Don’t fear criticism. The stands are full of critics. They play no ball. They fight no fights. They make no mistakes because they attempt nothing. Down on the field are the doers, they make mistakes because they attempt many things.”

+8 HS
Groveport Heisman's picture

Even if he did rehurt his shoulder why would he miss the whole season?

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

Timmy_'s picture

He's been recovering from the other injury since February. If it's a re-injury of the same thing, depending on severity, I could definitely see the entire season. He also has never redshirted, so depending on the way the season goes if he truly is injured, I could see attempting to hold him for next year. Definitely all situational.

+1 HS
ShowThemOhiosHere's picture

Mother fucker son of a bitch.  Please just be trolling. 

Class of 2010.

+4 HS
SilverState's picture

Fwiw. 

Edit: This was retweeted by Eli Apple. (Not sure why it didn't embed).

+6 HS
JohnnyKozmo's picture

Well, if he is really hurt, this would be the time to get injured.  Unless the sources know more, I think it's a little early to say he's done for the year.  

+1 HS
HeuermanTheFireman's picture

I'm sick to my stomach. He's a china doll.

The person responsible for toes clearly wanted you to stub them.

OSU069's picture

So what are the chances that Tim May was drunk out of his mind and this is all just a misunderstanding?

+4 HS
bucks4nuts's picture

Tim May knows.. I knew something was up 

"To The House"

+1 HS
sox33osu's picture

Everyone calm down. Seriously. This is the first and only person reporting it.

+1 HS
droessl's picture

Fuckthisshit.gif

+2 HS
Orlando Buckeye's picture

What if?  Braxton's shoulder was hurt weeks ago and they've been playing it close to the vest.  But, now that they know he will not be ready for the opener, they release that he hurt it recently so that everyone can save face.  Like, Tim May has known for weeks and has been sitting on the story but now that it is clear he won't start the opener they said he could publish the story...

-1 HS
OSU069's picture

I don't care about the opener. They are making it seem like he could be out for the season. 

+2 HS
Urbz4President's picture

I created a thread eluding to this. Maybe not as conspiratorial, but I felt like something was amiss.

+1 HS
dan_isaacs's picture

Alluding. 

Dan Isaacs

+5 HS
buckeye4life050233's picture

as clay davis would say. "sheeeeeeeeeit"

+2 HS

Let's pray we can get him back before we go into the teeth of the conference schedule. I believe JT can step up and utilize our weapons. 

+2 HS
lsjSnail's picture

100% to out for season? Strange.

+5 HS
bucks4nuts's picture

I would be the has been hurt since big ten media day.. 100 percent my butt 

"To The House"

+2 HS
GoBucks10's picture

Some eventual confirmation from Urbs would be nice.

Patiently paces back and forth...

"Because I couldn't go for three."  - Woody Hayes

+2 HS
dubjayfootball90's picture

hmmm... Well, I will be in South Carolina this weekend interviewing wedding vendors... Looks like I will be hammered and wedding vendors will think I am an ass, but they won't know I am using the time to drown my sorrows

You can feed a bobcat all the chili it wants. That don't mean it's going to crap out diamonds.

+3 HS
BroJim's picture

Staff???

I season my simple food with hunger

osupolo's picture

They are not going to post anything until they are 100% certain.  They are probably in the same boat as all of us rite now. Tim May even said that OSU will not confirm. 

jeremytwoface's picture

Someone on the staff has tweeted they have confirmed the same story

The first man gets the ((((Oyster)))), the second man gets the shell.

brandonbauer87's picture

The important detail is what the injury is. Is it ouchy or does it require surgery?

+1 HS
bucknut1994's picture

time to blackout. 

Class of 2016

+3 HS
BassDropper's picture

What are the chances Braxton takes a redshirt? I know he has had the NFL itch, but I don't know if this is the way he wants his college career to end.

DIRECTIONER

+1 HS
sharks's picture

He has a couple of kids, right?  Time can't be on his side...

The postgame show is brought to you by... Christ, I can't find it. The hell with it...

+1 HS

Agreed. If I was him, I would take this as a sign that says I can't play this game forever. I would completely understand. I mean, he owes me (us) absolutely nothing. But, then again, whatever happens happens.

You can feed a bobcat all the chili it wants. That don't mean it's going to crap out diamonds.

TheBadOwl's picture

He has one kid, his parents aren't poor by any means, and he's not the kind of guy who's just going to up and leave on such a sour note.

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

logamaniac's picture

What are the chances Braxton beats out jt or jones when they each have another year under their belts as well?   This def sucks for him if it's true 

-2 HS
You can't spell chump without UM's picture

You're trolling, I know you are. YOU SON OF A BITCH TELL ME YOU'RE TROLLING!!!

Brady Hoke ate my comment

+3 HS
ohiowhitesnake's picture
+2 HS
Deadly Nuts's picture

He is a true senior, right? Hopefully a speedy recovery/medical redshirt.

LEBRON

+1 HS

Somebody from 11W staff please comment.  Is this for real?  

Gonna be interesting.

+1 HS

+1 HS
ab1993's picture

This fucking sucks and basically destroys our hopes at achieving anything more than a B1G championship this year, but looking on the positive side, if JT gets a whole year of experience under his belt I'll feel really good about 2015.

captain obvious's picture

Braxton would be the starter in 2015

I'm a friend of thunder is it any wonder lightning strikes me

+1 HS
OSU069's picture

If he takes the redshirt. 

+1 HS
Bailey458's picture

90% he takes redshirt, what kind of nfl prospects does he have now? 5-7 rounder at best in my opinion why not try to come back

OSU069's picture

Ya but he does have a son so I don't know how his financial situation is. 

+1 HS
Bailey458's picture

Very good point, but life is about the gamble.  A heisman and NC is worth a million bucks over the course of a lifetime in Columbus, ask Krenzel.  A couple hundred grand signing bonus and an unguaranteed contract has much less long term possibilities.

+1 HS
GoBucks10's picture

Land Grant Holy Land has the story now too, granted still a rehash of Tim May.

http://www.landgrantholyland.com/2014/8/18/6043427/braxton-miller-injury...

"Because I couldn't go for three."  - Woody Hayes

+1 HS
Timmy_'s picture

Everything so far keeps going back to Tim May's original article. Until there is another independent source, I'm going to hold my breath. Bucknuts posted the same thing linking to Tim May's article.

+1 HS
Timmy_'s picture

I noticed that as well. Just went to the homepage instead to find the article.

+1 HS
LouBuck35's picture

Maks confirmed on his Twitter feed.

I want a fall Saturday in Ohio Stadium..

captain obvious's picture

Love Braxton

But next man up

I'm a friend of thunder is it any wonder lightning strikes me

+2 HS
AKBuck15's picture

Really big blow..but we have depth. Unproven yes but weapons are around if this is a year ending injury. Having Braxton work so hard I'm disappointed for him if true. Let us all remember that we didn't have a heisman winning qb in 2002., let's go defense and let all our weapons contribute. Let JT spread the rock

-1 HS
buckeye4life050233's picture
Chaseko24's picture

Guiton come back, you can blame it all on me. 

+6 HS
SilverState's picture

Please let this be just bringing down expectations/setting up backstory for Heisman campaign...

...funny how the mind can work to cope with difficult situations.

+2 HS
AngryWoody's picture

fuck. just fuck. fuck.

Our Honor Defend!

+1 HS
Baroclinicity's picture

Wow.  Just wow.

When you're holding a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

+1 HS
SilverState's picture
+1 HS
lsjSnail's picture

on the bright side...the Sam Adams is now getting opened early for me

+2 HS
Jim's picture

As a Michigan fan, I have to say I hope this turns out to be a rumor.  As much as I can't stand you bastards on game day, I never want to see one of your players get hurt.  Miller seems like a good guy who has given you everything he has and then some.

+2 HS
JohnnyKozmo's picture

ESPN has it scrolling at the bottom of the screen right now, citing the Dispatch

Harold's picture

Next man up. God speed Mr. Miller.

Ahhh, the smell of Chris Spielman's Dirty Socks...

+1 HS
MaximusBlue's picture

Damn. Very unfortunate. Hope he's back for "the game".

Crumb's picture

"The only good thing about it is winning the d*** thing" - Urban Meyer on The Game The War

Jim's picture

As a Michigan fan, I have to say I hope this turns out to be a rumor.  As much as I can't stand you bastards on game day, I never want to see one of your players get hurt.  Miller seems like a good guy who has given you everything he has and then some.

+7 HS
SilverState's picture

Expletive expletive expletive!!!!1111 

+4 HS

I am still just chilling and holding out hope though. But I could use a stiff drink

I am still just chilling and holding out hope though. But I could use a stiff drink

chitown buckeye's picture

Huge blow but this is why you recruit as many studs as possible. Interesting praise for JT came from Meyer these past few days. Time for him to step up and play ball. Hopefully, Miller can get healthy and salvage something to finish out his career. 

"I'm having a heart attack!"

+1 HS
osu407's picture

If it is true then a redshirt and glorious return next year is the best thing that he could do for his future. First or second round money is a lot better, even a year later, than sixth round  to undrafted due to not being able to play before entering. 

bucks15's picture

Welp i'll check back in tomorrow.  Hoping I wake up and this will all just be a dream.  

Tampabuckeye85's picture

I hope this isn't true. I just downed like 3 beers and hope something else comes out. On a different note everyone did say they wished we had Braxton for 2015 and that would win us a championship. Well guess what those ass hats might have their wish.

Silver_bullet_tex's picture

I have a very different reaction to this gif this time.

SilverState's picture
+1 HS
SWAGGERNAUTICAL's picture

Jamie doesnt play anymore just stop, stop all of this!!!!!!

+1 HS

When the chips are down, it brings out the best of the Buckeye Spirit.  Let's watch this team pull together.

+2 HS
Buckeye Colin's picture

JT looks like he played like Braxton in his high school tape. I know he hasn't played a down in college yet, but I feel that he can do quiet well as a fill-in..... All that aside, Braxton is a star so obviously this will hurt, but i have confidence in JT especially with Herman grooming him in the starting role.

"My idea of a good hit is when the guy wakes up on the sidelines with train whistles blowing in his head." - Jack Tatum

+1 HS
IH8UOFM's picture

I was thinking the same thing after watching his tape. I think we are in good hands with JT

AngryWoody's picture

What is it? Monday? Eff it I'm getting trashed...

Our Honor Defend!

+1 HS
OSU069's picture

Well I'm not quite old enough to drink yet but maybe I will have to make an exception tonight. 

+1 HS
IslandBumBuckeye's picture

If you're old enough to yell "GO BUCKS!!" you're old enough to drink in my book...

"...because they wouldn't let me go for three."

+2 HS
logamaniac's picture

Was it a contact injury?  Was it a throwing injury?  Hopefully we get a medical release soon I'd hate for it to be a ligament 

+1 HS
JohnnyKozmo's picture

I asked same question on the post made by the 11W staff, and almost added contact injury.  Then I thought the staff wouldn't dare take that black jersey off and let him run live, or would they??

TURD_BUCKET's picture

Like many have said earlier, his progress and health never did pass the smell test.

Good luck to him and a speedy recovery.

News at 11..

“Being average means you are as close to the bottom as you are to the top.”

Tampabuckeye85's picture

Also seems like a red shirt has been a requirement for the heisman

+3 HS
sox33osu's picture

UPVOTES UPVOTES UPVOTES 

ChimdiCheckyaselfbeforeyawreckyaself's picture

Well, defense, I hope you're as ready as everyone is saying...

A little is better than nada, sometimes you want the whole enchilada

sox33osu's picture

Thank god I was already drinking for the Browns game.

+2 HS
scottyp_330's picture

This would obviously hurt our chances greatly of making that top 4.... On a positive note however, I firmly believe we are a year away from having an extremely dominant team pending good QB play. Getting JT Barrett some real experience may pay off in the long run. I'll still drink the pain away with you, but let's try to optimistic a little. I doubt Miller misses the whole season.

ShowThemOhiosHere's picture

Braxton didn't get hit in practice, did he?  How else would he hurt his shoulder?  Could he have pulled something on a throw?

Class of 2010.

Firmthyfriendship's picture

This shit makes me feel sick for Braxton. He's been doing nothing but work! Here's hoping for a speedy recovery and healthy arm. Selfishly, yeah I want him 100%, but mostly I feel terrible for him. 

+1 HS
sox33osu's picture

Whatever happens... just remember this...

Krenzel was nowhere near the Heisman in 02, nor was Chris Leak in 06.

+4 HS
BuckeyeKing02's picture

Couldn't agree more, but both were also seniors.  Never underestimate the importance of senior leadership.

My buck's picture

Time for the D to put it in hyper-super-duper-ultra-mega gear!!!!!

SUCKS!!!!!!!

Buckeyebrowny919's picture

Urban Meyer coach of the year. Takes Jt and Cardale and goes all leak/tebow on us

To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift - Steve Prefontaine

irishfury's picture

I heard from a source we should get good news 2morrow.  Guess we will see.

+2 HS
Silver Bullet 10's picture

It's a prank. I'm calling it.

irishfury's picture

I didn't get details but my guess is scar tissue releasing.  

+1 HS
Silver Bullet 10's picture

That would make a lot of sense.

TheAFBuckeye's picture

I have had this happen to my knee after my ACL reconstruction.  It hurt, was a crazy feeling and definitely didn't seem right.  I'm not saying that is what happened to Braxton but I don't think it's too far fetched of a theory.  However, they did mention dislocation so that's a different ball game.

Let's Go BUCKEYES!!!!!

bucks4nuts's picture

He is getting MRI today 

"To The House"

airbuckeye's picture

Holy Shit unbeliveable well im not giving up on the season just like i never gave up during the DARK years of Coop and THE GAME i awalys had faith and im sticking with it. Urb will find a way to get us there some how and Brax will be back next year.

bucks4nuts's picture

http://mweb.cbssports.com/ncaaf/eye-on-college-football/24666993/report-...

woke up .. And it wasn't a dream. We just have to remember OsU has a ton of talent / skilled guys. I feel JT can get them the ball. 

"To The House"

southbay's picture

Why is there a thread with this title when no one knows that for sure?  Or, at least, that has not been announced, evidently.  Maybe everyone should step back from the ledge.

+1 HS
bucks4nuts's picture

He hasn't been full go for the better half of two weeks.. That concerned me. I wasn't too shocked when I heard the news last night. Even if Miller comes back this season... There is that uncertainty 

"To The House"

blu.fan's picture

I'm sorry for all Ohio State fans. Not this way. Braxton Miller always was a class act, and will be sorely missed. His mobility terrified defenses and defensive coordinators throughout the Big 10. With Braxton at QB, OSU was always in the game to the very end. While it is true that you always have to be prepared, and it is always "next man up," a senior QB as gifted as Braxton is pretty irreplaceable. You really could have used Guiton this year, but it wasn't to be. You can't replace senior leadership, with a strong and full knowledge of the whole playbook. How quickly a season turns.

+5 HS
OSU_1992_UFM's picture

Dont understand why you got DVs but I appreciate this comment...Upvote!

UFM_Renewal

PalmettoNut's picture

This is all Braxton's call.  

He has left the coaches, press, fans and probably the doctors scratching their heads.

I'm sure his shoulder/arm doesn't "feel" right with certain throws and that makes sense when you have not been throwing with regularity for over 6 months.

I have a suspicion that there is no new medical evidence of an injury as that information would be used right away to explain the situation. Where are the MRI results that show a re-injury or even something new?  Would the team wait a day to image his shoulder?  I don't think so.  I believe the team doctors have kept a very close eye on his arm week to week and unless they hid a re-injury from all of us then I don't see any evidence that he is injured.  

No doubt he is feeling sore or something so we'll have to wait like the Purdue game for the facts.

We love ya Brax!

TallyBuckeye's picture

Damn Right!!! Get Well Brax!!!

TallyBuckeye

Dmac3212's picture

You are hoping for the best. A non contact injury throwing a short 8 yard out sounds like axon ending inurry to me. 

-1 HS
HENRYJONESJR's picture

Do not know if someone else addressed, but if he is out for the year - Does he come back for next year?

SoutherBuckeye's picture

I would doubt it. Mayer had to convince him to come back this year & play. I would think he would use this year to get healthy for the NFL. 

Bryce Sparling

-2 HS
Toilrt Paper's picture

He will never get drafted unless he comes back next year, beats our Barrett, stays 100% healthy, and throws the ball better than before.

-3 HS
OSU069's picture

If he's healthy again, he will 100% beat out Barrett. 

+1 HS
TallyBuckeye's picture

Since this was not not officially announced or confirmed, I really wish we'd stop jumping to conclusions.

TallyBuckeye

+2 HS
osubuckeye134's picture

I feel awful for Braxton, with all the work he put in - late night/weekend throwing sessions with the young receivers.  That being said, I'm tired of the doom and gloom.  We won the national championship with Craig Krenzel, and went to the national championship game with Todd Boeckman - both QB's with less "ranked" talent than JT.  Of the top 3 dual threat QB's in the 2013 class, we have two on our roster - Jalin Marshall (#1) & JT Barrett (#3).  I'm happy with that and trust that we have the talent to reload and still punish the B1G with our speed and exceptional talent.

d5k's picture

When you directly quote a reporter that says something "might" happen, what makes you decide to post a thread that says it already happened?

OSU_1992_UFM's picture

He said "likely"...

UFM_Renewal

Curt Heinrichs's picture

It's important to remember that JT Barrett wasn't offered a scholarship because he's a bum. 

While there's something to be said for Braxton and his 2 Big Ten MVP trophies, Barrett is in a great place if he is able to rally the team around him in BraxonBraxonBrax's absence. 

Like someone else said, I'll cheer for whoever is under/behind center and hope for the best...except for on November 29th, when I'll demand the best. 

+1 HS
mmounts's picture

CAN WE CHANGE THE TITLE OF THIS ALREADY? IT IS HIGHLY MISLEADING.

-1 HS
SilverState's picture
ScoobyKnows's picture

Sucks I go from reading about how Braxton is 100% yesterday to out for the season today (in less than 24 hours mind you!)

SilverState's picture
Toilrt Paper's picture

The obvious has been confirmed.

whiskeyjuice's picture

Ugghhhhh

"You'll find out that nothing that comes easy is worth a dime. As a matter of fact, I never saw a football player make a tackle with a smile on his face." -- Wayne Woodrow Hayes

OSU069's picture

Damn it damn it damn it

BuckNut51's picture

I was holding out hope until the official word came out but this new makes me want to break things. I feel horrible for Braxton and pray for a speedy recovery. Time for JT to step up and for the DEFENSE to lead this campaign. 

WhySoSerious's picture

fuck shit got damn it. next man up..

Rare&Uncommon

Like the ball in the stands, we balls out

+1 HS
Max Power's picture

First off, I feel horrible for Braxton.here's to a speedy recovery.  A dislocated shoulder is a toukeyegh injury to recover from as it typically becomes a recurring problem. I hope that this doesn't become a career ending disaster for him and he is able to fulfill his dream of playing in the NFL. Whether he uses a redshirt and comes back next year or enters the draft and never suits up for the Bucks again remains to be seen. 

My gut instinct is that he will not want to risk another injury in college and will test the NFL waters after rehabbing that shoulder this year. However, his draft stock will take a significant blow as it will be uncertain whether that shoulder has properly healed and there will be question marks since he is so accident prone. The selfish fan in me wants him to take a redshirt, give that shoulder the proper time it needs and comes back next year to lead a more experienced Buckeye squad. (Given the amount of young players that will take the field this year,  its logical that next year's team will better than this year after a season of maturing) Returning will also give him a chance to show that his shoulder has healed and that he is able to throw the football, assuming that he recovers properly.

Whatever happens, thank you for your hard work and for showcasing your talent in Columbus Braxton. I hope to see you suit up for the good guys again but more importantly I hope you recover and are able to fulfill your dream. You have earned that right!

+1 HS
Max Power's picture

I am trying to be as optimistic as poissible. Does losing Braxton hurt? Do I even need to ask that question? There are 10 other guys on the of. nse who have worked their asses off to have the privilege of playing for Ohio State. Urban has recruited a bevy explosive playmakers who have enough time in the program now to have the strength and knowledge of the offense to become impact players. Coqch Herman has alluded to the fact that the offense wants to utilize quick passes to get the ball to said playmakers in space, a pillar of Urban Meyers offensive philosophy. This takes some pressure of off the QB.

Secondly, Barrett has been taking plenty of snaps during Spring and Summer camp. While he is not the same player as Braxton, he is still a talented kid who was  hand picked by our staff. He isnt a Tressel holdover or a walk on. He might not be as dynamic as Braxton but according to the coaches, he is an accurate passer who seems to be making the correct reads. He facilitates and manages the game. Tell Craig Krenzel that a team cant win with a QB who is a game manager. He was going to take the reigns of this offense one day, it just showed up earlier than everyone expected. Now its time to see what he, and the rest of the team, is made of.

People are quick to forget that guys like Dontre Wilson, Ezekiel Elliot, Jeff Heuerman, Jàlin Marshall etc. are still going to play this year. Sure, some guys are unproven but the athletic ability is there and they haven't had the chance to showcase that ability yet. Urban has an eye for talent and these are all guys that he deemed able to play in his system. Point is, there is talent at other positions that are going to be able to put points on the board. Losing Braxton is a hard punch to the gut, but its not a knockout punch. There is still talent on offense. There is SPEED across the board on offense and speed is lethal. While the guy under center isnt Braxton Miller, he isnt Joe Bauserman either. Have faith BuckeyeNation. Great programs attack adversity and Urban will not these guys roll over.

Food for thought, the last two heisman winners were redshirt freshmen. I am not claiming that JT Barrett is akin to Johnny Manziel or Jameis Winston but it is possible for young guys to play with the big boys. Also, Ohio State's last 2 National Championship teams were led by QBs who were in their first season as a starter. Go Bucks!

+1 HS
OSU069's picture

HE'S COMING BACK!!!!!!

11UrbzAndSpices's picture

So...we burn down Sports Illustrated, yes?

Does anyone know if BucksFan changed his icon?

+1 HS