Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

Marcus Mariota? What a joke.

Silver Bullet 10's picture
August 18, 2014 at 2:36am
106 Comments

-16 rushing yards against Stanford. Fumbling and interception machine. Couldn't complete a pass until the game was practically over. He can't deliver on the big stage. Braxton on the other hand had 142 rushing yards and two rushing touchdowns against the best defense in America. Had a better passing game than Mariota too, although less yards. Unlike Mariota, Braxton can't be shut down. Not only that, but Braxton is tougher and a better leader. Put Braxton on Oregon and they win the Natty last year.

I realize Braxton has some work in his passing game, but there's no doubt in my mind that he's the better football player. I think we'll see a Heisman this year. 

FROMTHE18's picture

Mariota is a damn good QB. The argument between he or Braxton is a push, but Mariota is a legit heisman candidate and would be scary to play against. 

+30 HS
bafiesta's picture

The argument is not a push.  Mariotta is a much better passer and Braxton is a slightly better runner.  If both would have entered the NFL draft last year, Mariotta would have been a top 5 pick, Braxton would have been a round 5 pick.  Braxton has huge upside he hasn't realized yet as a passer.  Here's hoping that he does in 2014!  

+11 HS
osu407's picture

Knee injuries do limit rushing.

Mariota's game is fun to watch. I would love to play Oregon and watch him and Miller play head to head, but I guess a mutual opponent in MSU will likely have to be enough.

+8 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

If this were Gardner, i'd agree. Mariota on the other hand is actually a really good QB.

interception machine.

He threw 6 INTs in 2012, and 4 in 2013. That's not an interception machine.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+32 HS
HilltopHustle's picture

This thread is stupid in general. Thanks for shutting him down.

+7 HS

I was actually referring to the Stanford game itself, but upon further review Marcus threw 0 interceptions that game. 

-8 HS
whiskeyjuice's picture

I wouldn't go as far as to say Mariota is a joke. But I haven't really watched him play either. I have only seen highlights and stats of his good games. 

"Championships are not won on Saturdays in November. Championships are won on Tuesdays in August." -- Kerry Combs

+1 HS
cdub4's picture

Your premise is a joke. Mariota is a solid qb. Miller is good also but he is not winning a Heisman after an off season in which he has barely been throwing.

+2 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

He's been limited, but he hasn't barely been throwing.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+5 HS
Patriot4098's picture

Potato; potahtoe.

"Evil shenanigans!"     - Mac

Earle's picture

He's only been throwing potatoes.  Potahtoes evidently make his shoulder hurt.

Just say no to italics abuse.

+7 HS
jkrk's picture

I find this strategy entirely unappealing.

+1 HS
Patriot4098's picture

I blame the extra letter(s).

"Evil shenanigans!"     - Mac

BuckeyeOfTheTiger's picture

Mariota; Mariahta?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

+1 HS
mh277907's picture

Yea but how do you really feel about Marcus Mariota?

buckeyebobcat

+7 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

Well, the NFL certainly seems to disagree...

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

+7 HS
ShowThemOhiosHere's picture

The NFL also once thought that Ryan Leaf and JaMarcus Russell would be amazing players.

Class of 2010.

+2 HS
CC's picture

Come on, they also didn't like Tommy Frasier and Tim Tebow yet they are two of the best qb's in college football history.  I'm not saying Brax is better but your argument doesn't hold water.

-1 HS
RunEddieRun1983's picture

I wouldn't say Mariota is a bad QB, but also thinking about Braxton playing for Oregon, I don't know that they would be any better because their problems aren't with QB play, they're with overall toughness.  Oregon has recruited a lot of undersized players at every spot because they covet speed.

I don't always downvote, but I do always downvote a Michigan fan trolling the Buckeye boards.

+2 HS
saltybuck61's picture

Oregon kind of has to recruit speed over size. The spread was initially created to be an offense for smaller teams to compete with larger teams. Oregon, despite popular belief, doesn't have great recruiting classes year in and year out. Over the past 3 years they have been on average 20th ranked team when it comes to recruiting. Not bad certainly, but they don't usually have elite classes.

awlinBrutus's picture

Oregon's system needs a mobile QB and a few great skill players and a way they go. its more of a system thing with Oregon. zone blocking doesn't need a big OL. they do dominate Northern Cali and the NW recruiting wise and parts of the west.

MICHIGAN STILL SUCKS

nikolajz1's picture

Mariota is ranked as a top 3 pick for next year, Braxton won't go until the 5th round. Take the Buckeye homer glasses off for a sec. 

+10 HS
mh277907's picture

With a solid year, Braxton can easily go higher than the 5th round. But I agree that Mariota's draft stock is higher than Braxton's.

buckeyebobcat

+2 HS
southernstatesbuckeye's picture

Fifth round?  Maybe if they selected now.  However, there is a whole year to play, and if Braxton Miller achieves what many believe he can, he will skyrocket up the charts.

+2 HS
logamaniac's picture

Or if he is open to a potential position change if a team wants it

cw823's picture

Agreed.  Unless he pulls a Tim Tebow

-1 HS
buckeyedexter's picture

I do think Oregon is overrated and I'm not sold on Mark Helfrich at all; he's not an elite head coach.  He managed to hold Chip Kellys team together for one year, but if it doesn't start to fall apart this year, it will next when Mariota is gone.

+2 HS
Hovenaut's picture

Have no issue with Mariota, but I am tired of seeing Oregon hyped up every preseason.

They're going to go as Mariota's health goes (that should sound familiar).

I wouldn't be surprised to see Brett Hundley and UCLA win the PAC12.

Hate Week runneth over

+8 HS
GlueFingers Lavelli's picture

I'm picking the Bruins to win the Pac12. They return pretty much everyone on the team. I don't think Mora gets enough pub for the job he is doing out there.

Dustin Fox was our leading tackler as a corner.... because his guy always caught the ball.

+2 HS
Tater_Schroeder's picture

Their jerseys are sweet. 

How Firm Thy Friendship

+1 HS
Nutinpa's picture

Fair enough and I agree with you, hovenaut.

Now replace Mariota with Miller;  Replace Oregon with Ohio State.

And that response is what you get from a healthy cross-section of college football fandom.

+1 HS
Hovenaut's picture

Spent enough years away from home (with a good chunk of those in Pennsylvania) to have seen/heard that reaction up close and personal.

My comment may come off homerish, but at least there is some history with OSU. Oregon has talent, resources, money...but they have some catching up to do.

Hate Week runneth over

OSU069's picture

Take off the homer glasses. This is an absolutely ridiculous post. He threw 4 interceptions all year last season. He is a damn good QB. The argument between he and Braxton on the college level is a push. It could go either way. 

+5 HS
TheShookster's picture

We just need games to start already, people are getting crazy around here...Mariotta is a hell of a football player, so is Braxton. 

+6 HS
The Rill Dill's picture

Anyone that calls it 'The Natty', -------I won't go there.  I'll just shut up.

-1 HS
Earle's picture

No need to run down the competition.  Let Braxton be Braxton (and stay healthy) and he will be in the thick of Heisman conversation regardless of what anyone else does.  But first things first:  Get to 13-0 and the playoffs.  The individual stuff is secondary.

+7 HS
Earle's picture

Reading this in retrospect.  Ugh.

11UrbzAndSpices's picture

Does anyone know if BucksFan changed his icon?

BROSEPH's picture

Mariota is an awesome player, he played on a partially torn MCL in that poor game of his.  I like Braxton a lot, but Mariota is the better all around QB and future pro.

+4 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

The only issue I have with Oregon is that I'm an Ohio State fan. Most of the media is obsessed with Oregon, and they seem to get a pass on the fact that they almost always disappoint by finding a way to lose a game or two during the season while many hype them as a surefire #1 or #2 team. It reminds me a lot of the Carroll era at USC. Meanwhile, OSU gets bashed with every single loss, no matter the quality of the opponent.

Other than that, more power to the Ducks, so long as any success they enjoy does not come at the expense of, or exceed, the Buckeyes' success.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

+1 HS
DJ Byrnes's picture

Yeah, if Mariota is a joke then so are 99.8% of d1 qbs.

Californian by birth, Marionaire by the Grace of President Warren G. Harding.

FitzBuck's picture

.2% = Gardner

Fitzbuck | Toledo - Ohio's right armpit | "A troll by any other name is still a troll".

+9 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

Like the Jelly of the Month Club...

+2 HS
Squirrel Master's picture

I disagree about Mariota but I do agree that if Braxton had a decent defense last year, he could have gone all the way and had a ton more stats. Every time I saw the defense stay on the field for more than 5-6 plays a set, I saw Braxton having less time to put up stats. And yet he put up top 5 QB level stats.

if the defense plays up to expectation this year, Braxton should be right there with the rest for the Heisman and this team will look like a contender.

I saw a UFO once.......it told me to have a goodyear!

HotSauceCommittee's picture

Being real, let's not forget Brax hasn't won anything (ie titles).

I would be happy with either as my QB.

+5 HS
The Rill Dill's picture

Being real, he was ineligible to win a title in one of his years.  

+2 HS

Your point is valid but it doesnt change the fact that he hasnt. Dont get me wrong, I prefer Braxton. Both Brax and Mariotta have put up fantastic, heck even eye popping numbers, in their college careers but neither has won anything. Hopefully, Braxton takes that next step this season and finishes his Buckeye career as one of our greats.

-1 HS
Fatpants's picture

All we needed was a MEDIOCRE (read: better than 112th in the country) pass defense, not the shit show we saw towards the end of the season and we win.

+2 HS
Jack Fu's picture

This is one of the dumbest posts I've seen on here in a while.

+15 HS
Citrus's picture

Bring back the ability to dv posts! 

+9 HS
TheBadOwl's picture

Mariota and Winston are the two best quarterbacks in the country right now, and they're the best in all of college football since Andrew Luck.

I'm probably a bigger Braxton fan than 95% of people here, but this post gave me a few laughs.

Fumbling and interception machine. 

Uh, no. Four picks all of last year. Braxton had seven picks thrown in 130+ fewer attempts.

He can't deliver on the big stage. Braxton on the other hand had 142 rushing yards and two rushing touchdowns against the best defense in America. Had a better passing game than Mariota too, although less yards. 

His ridiculously gutsy Orange Bowl performance aside, Braxton hasn't really delivered on the big stage either. He had a fantastic rushing game against MSU but he was awful throwing the ball. 

Also, good job comparing Braxton's game against Clemson's very average defense to Mariota's against the second best defense in the nation last year. And yeah, Mariota struggled against Stanford. Braxton's had a few games like that in his career. Northwestern/MSU in 2013, Wisconsin/Purdue in 2012...

Unlike Mariota, Braxton can't be shut down. Not only that, but Braxton is tougher and a better leader. Put Braxton on Oregon and they win the Natty last year.

See above. Braxton has been shut down a few times in his OSU career. Also you don't know nearly enough about Braxton or Mariota to know who's the better leader. Oregon was nowhere near as good as FSU last year.

As I said, I'm about as big a fan of Braxton as there is. If I had the option of putting Mariota into this offense instead of Braxton, I would. He's the only quarterback I'd rather have running this offense.

If Braxton improves like I think he's going to, he'll be a mid/late first-round pick. But Mariota would have gone in the top five last year, and is very likely to be the #1 pick.

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

+7 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

I will respectfully disagree only to the extent that I think that Hundley is better that Mariota. But Mariota is definitely no worse than #3. Then again, a lot can happen between now and January, because I thought Tajh Boyd was top 3 last year too, lol.

TheBadOwl's picture

I like Hundley a lot, but I'd go Mariota - Winston - Hundley. I think Winston was the beneficiary of an absolutely ridiculous receiving corps last year. Mariota might be the product of a system, but he's a lot more mobile than Winston and I think he's more accurate. Hundley's the best athlete of the three, but he's the least polished.

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

Brutus1972's picture

I have no idea how someone who watches College Football could call Mariota a joke. I say that we focus on helping our players be the best that they can be instead of trying to make ourselves look or feel better by attempting to tear down another teams athlete, especially one that is obviously a better NFL talent than the one that resides in C-bus. Of course if it is a player with a big mouth from ttun, all bets are off. It would be different if the guy had went on ESPN and took a shot at our team or QB but he hasn't. He's done nothing but put up insane stats, play hurt and nearly lead his team to a title shot the last 2 years. I don't always attempt to tear down opposing teams players but when I do, it's a Missagain Man!

+3 HS
HilltopHustle's picture

This thread is dumb. Close it down.

+1 HS

Shut it down!

+3 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

+10 HS
CincyOSU's picture

We now have the early clubhouse leader for dumbest post of the 2014 season. This might be one of the worst homer statements we've seen on here in awhile.

Maybe lay of the sauce next time you post something in the middle of the night.

+2 HS
bleedscarlet's picture

Mariota is 6'4" 220lbs and runs like the wind, he has escapability and throws well on the run... that isn't a joke. Oregon's system makes judging him a little tough, he'll take 85 snaps but 20 of them will be while the D is still looking to the sideline to get the call. There's a lot of talk out there about him going high in the draft, but because Oregon's offense is so different than what NFL teams run, I'll believe it when a team puts their money where their mouth is.

I'm too drunk to taste this chicken

Oregon's offense is so different than what NFL teams run

+14 HS
buckskin's picture

Didn't 9 route have 9 different identities? Is Silver Bullet 10 a telling sign?

+5 HS
saltybuck61's picture

Sadly, I believe he had 11 identities including KateUptonsLowerBack. Total bummer.

Mortc15's picture

If Mariota is a joke, I should throw out everything I thought I knew about football. His completion % isn't great and he had a few more interceptions dropped but the guy is flat out electric. He and Braxton are similar in being able to make something out of nothing. 

MM has just as good a chance of the Heisman as anyone, including BM. 

Buck-I4Life

+1 HS

Well that escalated quickly. Yeah, I think I'll sit the next one out. My bad guys.

-3 HS
BuckToAsT's picture

How about dem Reds??

they suck these days....  :(

+1 HS

Mariota might put up big numbers in regular season games, but he folds on the big stage. Braxton shows up on the big stage. Yes, Mariota is a damn good QB against decent competition, and yes he is a top 5 NFL prospect, but the guy has not shown he can lead his team in the biggest games. Braxton has. I believe a Braxton-led Oregon beats Stanford last year.

-10 HS
mh277907's picture

Just give it up. Here are some of his "big game" performances from last year:

At UVA (yes, I know UVA sucks but it was still a non-con game against a power 5 conference team): 14/28, 199 yards passing, 2 tds, no picks, 4 carries, 122 yards, 1 td.

Home against Tenn (same explanation as above): 22/33, 456 yards passing, 4 tds, no picks, 6 carries, 27 yards, 1 td.

At #16 UW: 24/31 passing, 366 yards, 3 tds, no picks, 13 carries, 88 yards, 1 td.

Home against #12 UCLA: 21/28, 230 yards, 1 td, no picks, 7 carries, 18 yards.

Home game against their biggest rival OSU: 17/34, 285 yards, 3 tds, 2 picks, 7 carries, 53 yards.

Bowl game against Texas: 18/26, 253 yards, 1 td, no picks, 15 carries, 133 yards.

So basically, you saying that he doesn't show up in big games based on ONE big game, a game in which he went 20/34 for 250 yards and 2 tds and no picks, is not a good argument.

buckeyebobcat

+1 HS
funtubs's picture

Their biggest rival is actually University of Washington, even though they haven't been very good lately. There's a lot of hate between them.

-1 HS
mh277907's picture

Well, looks like my point makes even more sense then.

buckeyebobcat

I caught some of that TN game. It was on before the OSU-Cal game I believe. He was sick. TN looked even more lost against him than they do against most college or high school QBs.

Buckeye_in_SEC_country's picture

Mariotta is a stud IMO.  If Braxton could keep his wheels, but get Mariotta's ability to go through progressions...  It would be nasty.  

+3 HS
Baroclinicity's picture

Posts like this need to stop.

When you're holding a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

+4 HS
gumtape's picture

My favorite Mariota story is that he is taking a yoga class this summer. Imagine the rock star quarterback going into a room full of fawning coeds.

But if katzenmoyer takes a golf class in the summer, and it becomes an indictment on Ohio State academics.

I also wouldn't mind if Mariota won the Heisman, just to keep Winston from getting another one.

just another psycho, irrational, delusional Ohio St fan

+2 HS
TheBadOwl's picture

My favorite Mariota story is that he is taking a yoga class this summer. Imagine the rock star quarterback going into a room full of fawning coeds.

But if katzenmoyer takes a golf class in the summer, and it becomes an indictment on Ohio State academics.

First of all, the media was pretty harsh towards Leinart when he took ballroom dancing. But who cares? He had already graduated, or he was very close. Mariota already graduated as well. He can take whatever he wants.

I'm a senior, and I'm enrolled in an online elective called "Beer and Wine in Western Culture." Everyone, at one point or another, takes a dumb elective or a freshman-level GEC when they're in their junior or senior year. Yes, that includes OSU football players. But nobody really cares. Hell, I know one personally who took a yoga class last Spring.

Speaking of that, yoga is actually probably a pretty good thing for Mariota to take. He has his degree, so he doesn't need to be taking O-Chem or Finance or anything intense like that. Yoga gives him some time to stretch out and help his muscles recover. So it's actually a pretty smart move.

+2 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

Mariota has already graduated and is simply taking classes to fulfill the "student" requirement of "student-athlete." Hence, the two gimme classes.

+1 HS
TheBadOwl's picture

Current senior at OSU: Taking two ridiculous gimme classes and one moderately difficult GEC. If it wasn't for internship credit, I'd be below the full-time threshold.

My schedule is probably about as hard as Mariota's, except I'm not trying to win a Heisman.

With that said, you 11Wers are more than welcome to start a "BadOwl for Heisman" campaign.

+2 HS

Do posts like this become more frequent during the season? 

How Firm Thy Friendship

+3 HS
Baroclinicity's picture

They become more frequent as the 11W population increases.

+1 HS

I wish I would have joined sooner so I wouldn't have the stigma of being a "newbie". I hope my contributions have removed my own proverbial black stripe. 

How Firm Thy Friendship

+2 HS
Baroclinicity's picture

Oh, I'm sure you're fine, and I don't intend to conjure some sort of elitism with my post, but to me, it's true.  It was a rare internet site when I first lurked here back in early 2011;  I was just trying to figure out what the hell was going on with my beloved football team.  11W destroyed everyone out there in terms of helping me get answers.  I posted a few months later, and don't look at much else when it comes to Ohio State football.

TheBadOwl's picture

They very well may be, but we'll be too inundated with "Fire Fickell" posts to notice, as is tradition around here.

+2 HS

He hasn't been fired yet? 

How Firm Thy Friendship

Buckeyebrowny919's picture

I appreciate this site for its rationality. Bravo on how this played out, boys. I think Silver Bullet learned his lesson, but don't downvote him to elo hell.

To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift - Steve Prefontaine

+2 HS
Baroclinicity's picture

Right on.

ShowThemOhiosHere's picture

Joke is harsh.  Still a hell of a player, but if Oregon gags again against Stanford and other PAC 12 teams with a pulse (UCLA), then Heisman candidate he will not be.

Braxton did put up a lot of yards on Sparty, but then again, he did have the best offensive line in America to block for him.  Oregon, with 2013 OSU's offensive line, probably averages 60+ ppg.

Class of 2010.

Toilrt Paper's picture

Waiting to see Mariota against the Michigan State D.

DCBucki's picture

The Heisman this year can go to a number of individuals. There are three, maybe four, legit QB's  who ALL are serious contenders for the trophy this year. The thing we are missing is the supporting cast. Look at the past couple of winners. Winston and Manziel had some AMAZING WR's that dominated. Yes, they had to get them the ball but these athletes also went above and beyond to help their QB's numbers. So, I think it comes down to who's skill position players step up.

Braxton has the best chance to do it himself (running wise) w/o relying in WR's. He can't win it with rushing alone, but he can keep himself in contention more than any of the otheres. It's going to come down to the supporting cast of the people around these QB's. Winston, he lost too many major offensive threats. He has one good WR and I don't see any of those backups helping out (dominating) just yet. Mariota doesn't have it him (in my eyes) to take over when he's facing a GREAT defensive team. His games are usually blow outs or offensive slug fests, with little defensive pressure. After playing in these games all season, its hard to just "turn it on" in the 11th or 12th game. I feel that Braxton has the best chance as he will have a great defensive (at least the front 7 that we know of right now) and WR's that have been in the system for awhile. Combine that with the influx of new, FAST talented freshmen and look out. Only item of concern is if he gets banged up early in the season due to an inexperienced line. Hope they learn quick!!

"The deadliest weapon in the world is a MARINE and his rifle!"
GEN. PERSHING, US.ARMY

TheScarletNut's picture

Marcus Mariota started the year with 10 straight games without an INT, not sure how that counts as an interception machine.

+1 HS
cw823's picture

Your post is so ridiculous I will just post this:

"Had a better passing game than Mariota too, although less yards."

....fewer yards, not less yards.

+1 HS
DBell8's picture

The argument could be made that Mariota would have been close to Jameis Winston in Heisman voting last year had he stayed healthy. Mariota is a much more accurate quarterback than Brax, but I do believe that Braxton is more elusive than Mariota. IF both stay healthy this year, both will be in the Top 3 of Heisman voting.

Herbie chose Braxton to win this year's Heisman and National Championship over Mariota. That tells me that not only does Herbie see Braxton as the better football player, but he sees him as the better team leader and likes what he's seen from Braxton in big games. Can't say the same for Mariota. While my post was overly passionate and harsh against Mariota, I believe my core message is legitimate, and that Herbie's predictions support it.

-4 HS
Brutus1972's picture

Using Herbie as your Subject Matter Expert on here might be your worst idea of the day. Although I do not share their opinion, there are many 11W faithful who actually despise Herbie and are no doubt thinking up something negative to say about Herbie's prediction that Brax will win the Heisman. I'd say that you have dug this hole about as deep as she can go my friend. What do you say we just leave this dead horse to rot? We can't start filling in the hole until you stop digging it.

QueenCityBuckeye's picture

MM is the real deal and to say otherwise is pretty foolish. I dislike Oregon, but Mariota's quick decision making is hard to replicate. He's perfect for that offense. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mariota fumbles the game away against Arizona. Can't deliver in the clutch. 

-5 HS
Baroclinicity's picture

Or you could point to the defense that couldn't tackle to save their lives.

+3 HS
TheBadOwl's picture

Also the fact that Oregon's o-line has been killed by injuries this year and they couldn't block at all...

+1 HS

Have you been waiting for Oregon to lose just to bump your thread?

+4 HS
CincyOSU's picture

Did Mariota sleep with your wife? Kick your dog? I don't get it. He is a GREAT college QB and NOT overrated. Accept that fact and move on.

+4 HS
Jack Fu's picture

He's the best or second-best QB in the country (depending on how you feel about Jameis). Someone on this board needs to put the ax away and just deal with it.

-1 HS
PacificNWBuckeye's picture

Did you watch that game? Mariota was under pressure the entire time. Yes, he fumbled at a critical point in the game but he was running the plays that were called with an offensive line cobbled together after significant injuries. Not his fault. 

+3 HS
sivaDavis's picture

Not so easy to win a game when your QB is hurried and hit most of the game with a line replacing 4 starters...

Why does that sound so damn familiar?

"I've had smarter people around me all my life, but I haven't run into one yet that can outwork me. And if they can't outwork you, then smarts aren't going to do them much good." - Woody Hayes

+4 HS
Davep160's picture

Mariota is a really really good QB, his Offensive line just sucks.  

That and I can not believe I just cheered for Rich Rodriquez.    

+1 HS
awlinBrutus's picture

I just don't get the Pac12 love affair in the media year in year out,I mean they have been marginally relevant the last 6 years. Oregon loses 1 every year that they should have won. MSU beats their champ last year and still the P12 is rated ahead of the BIG by everyone. Part of it is laziness. Like they throw in the Pac 12 just in case Oregon doesn't blow one @ home. I certainly don't watch their games as after a TOSU game I'm pretty much done with football for the day. I listened a little to game and they were talking about what a fast D ASU has,lol. I think DickRod would have been doing better than Hoke in his 4th year especially with DRob. Hoke's first year was a mirage because of DRob plain and simple. I wouldn't say they are in full melt down (SCum fans were on the ledge after  losing to Minny) but DickRod's success @ UA isn't helping the mood in AA.

MICHIGAN STILL SUCKS

Jack Fu's picture

I just don't get the Pac12 love affair in the media year in year out

I certainly don't watch their games as after a TOSU game I'm pretty much done with football for the day

I think these two things might be related.

+1 HS
logamaniac's picture

also to add RR's offensive scheme is conducive to the environment they're playing in now, which is a stark contrast to the latter half of the season in the B1G.