Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

mgo blog

AKBuck15's picture
August 17, 2014 at 10:33pm
52 Comments

Wow has anyone else been over on mgo blog lately?? They're going at each other like a Springer show. I love dropping in there just to see what's up with the enemy..don't think I've looked at the site since last football season but good god even their fanbase is a stressed train wreck. Made me really appreciate being a buckeye. And cannot wait til the end of November!

Buckeyevstheworld's picture

Just wait until Michigan loses to App St again.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+27 HS
DJ Byrnes's picture

michigan is SO losing that game.

Californian by birth, Marionaire by the Grace of President Warren G. Harding.

countrybuckeye's picture

;-)

What a great first weekend of College football.  It even includes a 'revenge' game .... between two evenly matched teams.  

"Momma told me there would be days like this."

+14 HS
DWright's picture

Yeah right... Peppers is worth 21 pts alone. Michigan may not of had the #1 June recruiting class this year but that doesn't mean they don't have the August Heisman.

+5 HS

Peppers isn't going to play. He's so good, Goodell has decided to let him enter the NFL early.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+11 HS
Buckeye Colin's picture

Everyone in America will be watching this game. I know the players for them will say they don't feel any extra pressure, but I think we all know that's a bunch of BS. Gutsy choice for Brandon to put them back on the schedule, let's see if it bites them again!

"My idea of a good hit is when the guy wakes up on the sidelines with train whistles blowing in his head." - Jack Tatum

Idaho Helga's picture

I disagree, I think it was a totally stupid decision to put them back on the schedule.  It's  Meh - Lose - Lose.  If they beat them badly, then they're just doing what they were supposed to every time they play.  If it's close,  then it's OMG panic, panic, PANIC.  And if they lose to them again, it's the Horror, Part Deux. 

This Appy St team isn't as good as the one they played the last time.  TTUN needs to beat them 63-0 to save face here.  It was stupid to schedule them for  a home game.   Now if they went there, it might have made more sense from a pride advantage but they are hardly going to give up THAT kind of revenue and a home game.

PasadenaBuckeye626's picture
This sums up their recent seasons

Go Bucks!

+23 HS
dubjayfootball90's picture

one of my favorite gifs... ever...

You can feed a bobcat all the chili it wants. That don't mean it's going to crap out diamonds.

+3 HS
gumtape's picture

Hagerup is back on the team this year after a one year suspension. Hope he does this again.

just another psycho, irrational, delusional Ohio St fan

Buckeyebrowny919's picture

And yet we lost this game if I'm not mistaken. It's like getting play over your pants, but not the whole enchilada.

To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift - Steve Prefontaine

Bailey458's picture

Makes me wonder what is happening in the parallel universe where Les Miles took the job.  Any thoughts?

+18 HS
BuckeyePoetLaureate's picture

I actually feel a bit bad because of how unpleasant those forums can be.  I thought "Michigan Men" held themselves to a higher standard.  Turns out that's just a phrase they put in brochures.

Proud alumnus of the Ohio State Creative Writing MFA Program.  Creator of the writing craft site Great Writers Steal.

+12 HS
Rob Reese's picture

I agree. 

It's a literal troll haven over there.  Then, when you think it can't get worse?  Try MLIVE.   I had to resist the urge to pour gasoline over myself and strike a match.

It wasn't easy.

"All I have known at Michigan is failure.  That's all I know." - Taylor Lewan

+2 HS
BucksFan2000's picture

I love to revel in how bad they are right now, but I wouldn't judge them all by an internet forum.  One of the nicest and most intelligent co-workers I ever had was a "Michigan Man".  Great guy - I can forgive him for one mistake.

+1 HS
lsjSnail's picture

I don't understand that forum...like how do you see more pages of threads? If I click page 2 it takes me to some stupid tiny list...shit sucks.

"I said best D, not just best DL. I agree OSU probably has a better DL, but our D as a whole will be better than theirs."

"the OSU game is when Peppers will be on spy duty to watch and chase Braxton all over the field.. which will negate a lot of his yards"

ROFL

+7 HS
DWright's picture

"Real recognize real" - Jabrill Peppers

- Some clowns forum signature over there. What a bunch of silly blue ducks.

+6 HS
Urbz4President's picture

I just got on there for the first time in years. This is what I took away from it:

The website is terribly visually unappealing. Especially in comparison to the 11W TRONZ. But seriously, its 2014. I feel like I should be required to use dial-up internet to access the site and also be running AOL Instant Messenger (shouts to the Away Message). 

When reading the Braxton Miller thread (discussing the article posted on our beloved site regarding his slow start), I was shocked at how many kind words (for the most part) were said about him and hoping that he has a speedy recovery. I don't know why I expected there to be an internet celebration for his misfortune. Probably because I've been raised to believe that all things Michigan are vile and ignorant and I don't associate with any true Michigan fans. However, I was really impressed with their kindness. I feel the same way. I want Michigan to be an absolute powerhouse so when we continue to beat them, we are beating a juggernaut as opposed to the kid down the street who still has training wheels on his bicycle. 

+7 HS
What Would Troy Smith Do's picture

Agreed. I go there fairly regularly.  Their writers are good and it's always nice to see what is up with the enemy.  I probably wouldn't go as much if they were good, but I frequent it just cause the schadenfreude is awesome.  They had  a great feature last year where they previewed each team they were playing each week, along with past and current opponents.  It was pretty funny, but mainly cause they were in meltdown mode.

However,  the site layout and look is just terrible.  Like Geocities threw up everywhere.  The only thing they are missing is ridiculous flashing objects in the background.

AKBuck15's picture

Exactly why I went there last year...site is very hard to muddle through but think their writing is straight forward. 11w staff is second to none but enjoy seeing what they have to say from their point of view. Still have no idea how they can go through such a state of mediocrity as a program.

MaximusBlue's picture

Just a touch of class

Rob Reese's picture

It's a collective man-crush over there with Peppers.  I've honestly never seen anything like it in my life.  The kid hasn't played a down and they're ready to build a bronze statue of the kid and genuflect to it.

Heaven forbid if he turns out average.  There will be riots.  rofl.

+3 HS
IH8UOFM's picture

Exactly how they were with Derrick Green last year (from what I've read, is now 3rd on the depth chart)

+3 HS
buckeyedude's picture

Exactly how they were with Derrick Green last year (from what I've read, is now 3rd on the depth chart)

Exactly. And then Green was beat out by a kid from...wait for it... OHIO!

+3 HS
OSUpawn's picture

But, Have they had anything in the past couple years worth talking about??? 

I believe the SEC players put their pants on one leg at a time like we do.

+1 HS
Furious George 27's picture

Does fireworks count?

Yeah, well…that’s just like, your opinion, man.

+1 HS

Only losing by 27 to Bama.

+1 HS
Dougger's picture

Only to play devil's advocate can you blame them? What else do they have to look forward to? Funchess is a good target.. That's all I've got. 

I like football

+1 HS
teddyballgame's picture

so I learned a new word today....  genuflect.  

ghalephoto's picture

Where is our resident ichigan troll?  I bet he comes over here for the relief.  Until they become relevant they will always go at each other, always have. I can't wait to see how they claim consecutive sellouts with 6,000 empty student seats this year.   Love it!! MGoBlow!!

-5 HS
Baroclinicity's picture

Who are you referring to?  M Man?  Just to let you know, he's been a respected member of this site for a looooong time.

When you're holding a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

+18 HS
Run_Fido_Run's picture

If so, maybe Ghalephoto just got confused. M Man is our resident atoll. In John Donne's poem, "no man is an island," but Donne never met a good, sensible Michigan fan like M Man.

+7 HS
sivaDavis's picture

No we should forget the whole respect thing seeing how apparently he's a troll.

Let's go burn M Man's helmet sticker bridge down!

"I've had smarter people around me all my life, but I haven't run into one yet that can outwork me. And if they can't outwork you, then smarts aren't going to do them much good." - Woody Hayes

Run_Fido_Run's picture

Can we loot M Man's stickers? If so, I'm game.

+3 HS
Calgarybuck's picture

This isn't clash of clans...Or is it?

+3 HS
Buckeyebrowny919's picture

Couple wbs, handful of giants, and a healer.... we are game. Radius city. He can keep his status, but the loot is ours.

To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift - Steve Prefontaine

Calgarybuck's picture

Don't forget those Archers, They like to loot anything...Cannons or gold..love it

+1 HS
Boxley's picture

We seem to have collected a lot of "Bucknuts" quality posters over here. Thats the problem with having the best OSU web site, especially when it is free. Well, we still have the 11W premium lounge where we do not have to encounter the intellectually challenged posters.

We may be due for a "rules of the sight" reminder. I am fed up with the Fat jokes and BBQ jokes, that are spewed frequently without any qualitative commentary on the actual topic at hand.

Anyone who calls M Man a resident Michigan troll, denigrates this site. Look at his history of posts, compared to whomever is criticizing him and well..........you can make your own evaluations from the content comparison.

"...the man who really counts in the world is the doer, not the mere critic-the man who actually does the work, even if roughly and imperfectly, not the man who only talks or writes about how it ought to be done." President T. Roosevelt

+11 HS
Run_Fido_Run's picture

I would support your campaign to clean up 11W, except that I am afraid that I might get implicated in the Fat Hoke Jokes investigation.

+9 HS
Oyster's picture

I don't recall him mentioning any names in regards to fat jokes or bbq's.  You must have a guilty conscience.

May you R.I.P. Otsego, but know this. Gaylord Rocks!

+4 HS
Boxley's picture

I should have been more clear. I was NOT referring to the OP.

"...the man who really counts in the world is the doer, not the mere critic-the man who actually does the work, even if roughly and imperfectly, not the man who only talks or writes about how it ought to be done." President T. Roosevelt

Seattle Linga's picture

Man just wait until after their first loss - their fan base will come completely unglued at the seams.

2002osubuck's picture

They actually think they're gonna win the B1G right now. They're gonna freak when they lose their first game, especially when it's in the non-conference.

AKBuck15's picture

Lol. I know there were just a few posters that thought a possible 12-0 run was possible. Mostly though they all seemed reasonable expecting a more of a 9-3, 8-4 year is what I'm also expecting. Possibly a few of the posters expecting more had drank way too much of the lake Erie water

Hovenaut's picture

I can't go over there. It's too visually challenging, in more ways than one. I've never posted, and my skimming has been limited. I'd much rather focus on the home team than worry about what they are up to.

I'm fond of schadenfreude as much as anyone, but I don't necessarily need to have it validated by going behind enemy lines.

To be fair, they do have some excellent writing. But the layout (awash in those awful colors) makes it difficult to appreciate.

So not only is it great to be a Buckeye fan, it's great to be a Buckeye fan on 11W.

+6 HS
Barnsey69's picture

Wait, they have their own site and everything?? Huh, must be pretty lame without anything relevant to discuss...well they do have that whole "Winningest program" thing, which is a delightful trip down pioneer lane when most of their victories occurred. 

Thank the Maker that I was born in Ohio, cradle of coaches, US Presidents, confederate-stomping Generals, and home of The Ohio State University Football Buckeyes!

Run_Fido_Run's picture

One area where M Go truly excels is their history section. You could spend years on that site reliving the 1890s. 

+5 HS
Rob Reese's picture

I see what you did there ^ lol

All jokes a side, I actually enjoy that site.  Aside from 90% of the posters there, that is.  But the writing and coverage is world class.  The mechanics and navigation of the site itself, as others have alluded to, leaves much to be desired.  Otherwise, very talented bloggers.

+2 HS
KBonay's picture

Buckeye fan overlooking Michigan program

+3 HS
Rob Reese's picture

FUqUespin's picture

The writers at MGo Blog are hilarious and funny as $hit.  They pretty much focus on their team and do not like that a$$ clown Brandon.  They rip the coaching and play calling and want better and expect better.  I don't troll over there.  No one ever gave me any $hit when I am over there.

+1 HS