Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

Byaaaahhh's picture

Must... Resist...

+9 HS
BKallDAY's picture

I tried I really did but I just couldn't resist though. . .

+2 HS
bbb's picture

the donuts, perhaps?

+4 HS
Habu71's picture

Appreciate the honesty, but this was one of those instances where "coach speak" would have come in handy. That program may not be good for a long time. 

+7 HS
NH-IO's picture

In most photos Hoke just looks kinda normal fat.  It is only when the picture includes his ass that you see how his fatness sort of oozes over the belt-line into, well...not so normal  fatness

abnormal
+24 HS
Rob Reese's picture

Rofl "normal fat".  +1

tOSU class of 2009, College of Arts and Sciences

+2 HS
bukyze's picture

Hoke is starting to look like our old punching bag Charlie Front-Butt Weis.

+4 HS
Floyd Stahl's picture

I like how Brandon's ID tag says, "MMMM."

+5 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

+9 HS
Squirrel Master's picture

Hoke's got a badunkadunk! He's the size of an offensive guard, but in a different shape.

And I have never been an advocate of making fun of him because he is fat, but that is a whole lot of ass!

I saw a UFO once.......it told me to have a goodyear!

+1 HS
PasadenaBuckeye626's picture

"He's got an incredible, incredible ass." - Bert Bielema

Go Bucks!

+4 HS
Geraffi's picture

Hoke: "Over here...ummm, uhh...we could...uuuuh...put some...uummm, uuuh fireworks, or, uuuhhhh, something."
Brandon: "That's the section I was planning to sell tickets through living social, but I could move that to the lower tier, 50 yard line.  Maybe throw in a t-shirt with the offer."

Hoke: "And uuuuuhhh hot dog. Uhhh, Maybe two hot dogs!  I love hot dogs!"

Jack Burton's picture

Soft?

It's all in the reflexes - Me

+33 HS
Habu71's picture
+3 HS
Brick Tamland's picture

To completely piggyback off your idea...

I love lamp.

+18 HS
Jack Burton's picture

Nicely played!

It's all in the reflexes - Me

+1 HS
osu407's picture

I think it is very possible that Hoke was attempting to borrow a page from Meyer's play book by expressing public uncertainty about a player, position group, or team in order to motivate them. With that being said, he definitely chose the least opportune question to attempt such a maneuver, particularly considering the precarious position in which his job currently resides. 

+6 HS
bbb's picture

Plausible analysis

+2 HS
GVerrilli92's picture

So true.

If you're on the hot seat, you aren't exactly in a position to be calling out your own players. Especially players that have been in the system during his entire tenure.

How many cheeseburgers are you gunna drive into that dirty old cheeseburger locker Brady Hoke?

+1 HS
Ahh Saturday's picture

Well, I'll give it a shot if he won't. Hoke's players are soft because Hoke feeds them a steady diet of unearned entitlement.  Little sugary bites like we are Michigan, or we just have to play Michigan football are empty calories that feed the ego, but do nothing to build the body of a team.  Keep having BBQs, keep recruiting on the achievements of players who played with leather helmets, keep beating the drum of the mythical Michigan Man and letting high school kids run their mouths about how great they will be One Day, and by all means keep losing to Little Brother and Ohio.

+12 HS
THE's picture

Hoke gets paid millions of dollars a year to know that answer.  How can the head coach not be able to identify weaknesses?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

+2 HS
Tater_Schroeder's picture

Oh my God I never noticed it before!

How Firm Thy Friendship

+1 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

Because they suck. Simple.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

Hovenaut's picture

I read his comments in his voice.

The statement becomes so much clearer with a few vintage Hoke "well uh" and/or "you know I uh" thrown in there.

YouTube - Brady Hoke, Philosopher King (too lazy, on the phone, to post).

I am not very smart, but I recognize that I am not very smart.

Buckeyevstheworld's picture

I was going to post it, but your laziness is contagious.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+1 HS
Brick Tamland's picture

I guess I'll be the overachiever...awesome recommendation, thanks for this Hove

I love lamp.

+17 HS
Poison nuts's picture

An appropriate post for Brick Tamland to make... ;)

"Do not pass me, just slow down - I can move right through you" Superchunk - Precision Auto.

+2 HS
GVerrilli92's picture

I almost feel bad for *ichigan fans. Both types.

The first type, that are delusional, having talked themselves into believing that Hoke is a decent coach.

And the second type, that understand how talent-less their coach is, just waiting for better days.

How many cheeseburgers are you gunna drive into that dirty old cheeseburger locker Brady Hoke?

Seattle Linga's picture

I guess it's true - Hoke will never be an english teacher.

allbucksallthetime's picture

Players follow their leader.  Hoke's actions, or lack thereof, in NOT dismissing this POS York from UM's squad immediately speaks volumes about why UM may NOT be tough.  A leader exhibits toughness via action(s) and is willing to fight where others dare not go. Hoke wants to allow the 'brutal assault' we've all seen on video to play itself out in a court of law.  Disgraceful and gutless are words to describe that 'action.'

Go Bucks, and Thank God for Urban Meyer!

Sebastian's picture

When you see this guy waddling around the field does that exude confidence?

KBonay's picture

Maybe it's just this.  Character goes a long way...

+8 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Unbelievable - I am a little surprised by that quote. The video footage was alarming because it was so blatant of an attack. Kid deserves to go to JC for a couple of years.

+3 HS
rkylet83's picture

If Coach Meyer had let York back on the team he'd get hammered relentlessly.  

+4 HS
apack614's picture

I agree, the difference is even us as the fans here on 11W would be a little upset letting something that unjust happen. Not one morally right person would be okay with him staying on our football team.

"If we worked half as hard as our band, we'd be champions." - Woody Hayes

KingsRite's picture

“I have yet to be in a game where luck was involved. Well-prepared players make plays. I have yet to be in a game where the most prepared team didn't win.” -Urban Meyer-

+2 HS
KingsRite's picture
Not sure why this image won't post but oh well.

“I have yet to be in a game where luck was involved. Well-prepared players make plays. I have yet to be in a game where the most prepared team didn't win.” -Urban Meyer-

johnblairgobucks's picture

Hoke is destined to take over the lineage of the the Kansas Jayhawk Football team after he is asked to leave Ann Arbor.  Mangino gave way to Weiss, who will give his wardrobe over to Hoke.

+4 HS
Killer nuts's picture

My favorite part:

Hoke went on to say, “If I had the answer, we would have been in a little better shape a year ago.”

Maybe Hoke needs this explained to him. He’s the coach. It’s his job to help instill toughness. If this one quote doesn’t illustrate Hoke’s inability to be a successful coach in Ann Arbor, I don’t know what else will convince you?

+1 HS
DRAKE008's picture

Mine too.  I still am a bit amazed that Hoke got this job.  I'm even more amazed that there are still fans of that team that believe he should have another year, even two.

+1 HS
BuckeyePoetLaureate's picture

The comments from what I consider to be the equivalent of 11W for TTUN are pretty revolting.  So many people making excuses.  So many people comparing obvious assault captured of an unarmed person to the stupid volleyball-player-hanging-out-the-window joyride TTUN had earlier this year.

I didn't link because I'm paranoid and don't want to run afoul of a policy, but come on.  York should already have been booted from the team.  The fact that he hasn't been booted has Bo spinning around in his grave.

Proud alumnus of the Ohio State Creative Writing MFA Program.  Creator of the writing craft site Great Writers Steal.

+1 HS
NatiBuck's picture

If this assclown is the head coach at Michigan how am I not the dean at Ohio State's law school?

+4 HS
Poison nuts's picture

I mean, between the York situation & now this, honestly, he's a total clown. There was a time I had a kind of respect for him in year 1 & even year 2 somewhat, but that's all done. He's the coach. The toughness comes from him. He should have said it. Another backhanded way to blame the team & not take responsibility, which he's done quite a bit if I recall...

"Do not pass me, just slow down - I can move right through you" Superchunk - Precision Auto.

awlinBrutus's picture

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=162&f=2019&t=13049413       Their fans are as clueless as their coach. They have a new OC, they lost 2of their best OL. And yet some still think they have a shot @ beating TOSU and MSUck on the road. Seriously you can't make this stuff up. Hopefully they beat ND and end up 9-3 keeping cHoke around another year giving us a chance to break in another QB to keep our run going.Just think had Braxton connected with Smith in AA in 2011 we could have been looking @ 11 in a row after this years game in CBus. Damn that sounds good.

MICHIGAN STILL SUCKS

whiskeyjuice's picture

All Hoke needs to instill toughness into his team, is to get some fireworks to play after some hoe games this year.

"Championships are not won on Saturdays in November. Championships are won on Tuesdays in August." -- Kerry Combs

whiskeyjuice's picture

If the idea that the team performs about as well as the head coache's demeanor with the media, TTUN is in big trouble this year. I wonder which game of this upcoming season will be TTUN's first upset loss? I think they will struggle with Miami (OH), Minnesota, and Rutgers after losing to ND.

"Championships are not won on Saturdays in November. Championships are won on Tuesdays in August." -- Kerry Combs

QueenCityBuckeye's picture

Giving them the benefit of the doubt against App State, I see. :)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

+1 HS
whiskeyjuice's picture

lol, I thought about going there, but yeah, I decided to give them the benefit of the doubt.

IH8UOFM's picture

Besides the obvious, I just cant like/respect Hoke. I liked Rich Rod. I liked/kinda feared Lloyd.

Klytus21's picture

I hated Rich Rod at the time.  Thought he was an ass.  He's good for a laugh now that he's out of the B1G.  I will never respect Hoke, Weis, or Bert.

NJBuck

jamesrbrown322's picture

Maybe they should stop practicing with these

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

+3 HS
Grayskullsession's picture

I think there's a pill to fix that.

"if irony were made of strawberries, we' d all be drinking a lot of smoothies right now."

+1 HS
OscarSierraUniform's picture

This is perplexing.  When I hear a coach respond to a question like that, I am so dumbfounded that I don't know what to say.  He already said it all with his response.  Wow.  Just wow.

See ball, get ball.

+1 HS
OSU069's picture

It probably has to do with the soft culture they are building there. It starts as a recruit when joke hosts a BBQ instead of a competitive camp as his big recruiting summer event. He also allows them to mouth off when they have proved nothing. 

s.pasadena fl's picture

God I hope they never fire this guy!

Ed Hopper

MN Buckeye's picture

Please, Brady, just don't say anything. I would like to see you around for a long, long time, and you are not helping by what you say.

kevdale86's picture

Teams tend to take certain characteristics from their coaches. The Michigan players just chose to take on Hoke's soft belly.

+1 HS
gobucks96's picture

Well, that's a great way to start the season........."We've got a bunch of pansies"

Vinsaniti's picture

Brady Joke has no care for his own image, why would he hold his players to a standard he can't hold himself to?

Wilkins78's picture

How does this guy pull in good recruits?  Is it just the laid back, do whatever you want, have some ribs, be your best friend schtick?

+1 HS
bakerjon's picture

Would love to give a HS to that reporter...

"He Good!"
"Good and terrible..."

BUCKSOMIES's picture

Too many creampuffs would be my guess.

InvertMyVeer's picture

Heh, this part made me chuckle

-He called Ohio State “Ohio” for no apparent reason and then continues to do it.
-He uses “We are Michigan” for the answer to pretty much every question, even when it makes no sense at all. It usually doesn’t.
-He hired a new offensive coordinator and then didn’t have time to speak about it at the presser because he had to drive the new guy to Metro Airport. No worries though, the A.D. did talk.
-He allowed Brendan Gibbons to play in the Iowa game.
-He awfully belted out the lyrics to “You Raise Me Up” at a football banquet that even embarrassed Josh Groban.

Oh wait, that last one was Rich Rod. Damn, I miss him!

Football is complicated...

+1 HS
edr4225's picture

lets go bucks!!

SlumLord6973's picture

Wow. I can't believe he said that. I read it and saw the quote along with the context it was in and he totally said he has no answer as to why or how. That, to me, is the epitome of a directionless program. He knows what he wants. Hell, you can ask anyone what they want. That is the easy one. But to come out and say "I don't know why" is pretty much the proverbial nail in the coffin. I think at this point Hoke knows he is fired and is no longer keeping up pretenses.