Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

Unsung hero of 2013

Crumb's picture
August 9, 2014 at 2:27am
9 Comments

A guy that was awesome last year but mostly forgotten about by the end because of a huge shadow cast by El Guapo was Jordan Hall. The man filled in for Hyde without missing a beat and then rode the pine but didn't whine about it when Hyde came back. He won't be one on of the most remembered Buckeye players be he was (as far as I know) a heck of a teammate and a true Buckeye! 

Crumb's picture

P.S. Just wanted to say that cause I just saw a play from The War last year and it showed Jordan Hall getting jacked up and excited because he was on the kick off cover team and one of his teammates had just stuck it to ttun ball carrier.

"The only good thing about it is winning the d*** thing" - Urban Meyer on The Game The War

+4 HS
Crumb's picture

See my profile pic, how Woody treated the contest, and how much it means to some of the crazier fans like myself :)

"The only good thing about it is winning the d*** thing" - Urban Meyer on The Game The War

whiskeyjuice's picture

Hall does deserve some praise for his role as a Buckeye!!

"Championships are not won on Saturdays in November. Championships are won on Tuesdays in August." -- Kerry Combs

dubjayfootball90's picture

Agreed. He came back from a pretty gnarly injury and did some damage to opposing defenses. Great, gifted runner. I hope he makes it in the NFL, even if it IS with the squeelers.

You can feed a bobcat all the chili it wants. That don't mean it's going to crap out diamonds.

+2 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Seems like the kind of player that puts the team first in every aspect.

-1 HS
GVerrilli92's picture

Before he was injured, Jordan Hall was the guy in Urban's offense.

I remember all of those articles quoting Urban on how versatile Jordan was, it's a shame he never really got his chance with consistent touches.

How many cheeseburgers are you gunna drive into that dirty old cheeseburger locker Brady Hoke?

+2 HS
Crumb's picture

He got hurt in 2012 and then had to sit behind Hyde who to me was the best Buckeye RB since Eddie George, I think he had at least a 100 yards and 2 TDs a game in the games Hyde had to sit out beginning of last year. He was solid.

GVerrilli92's picture

He was fantastic in that Miami game where he returned from injury. Averaged 5-6 yards a carry. He always had a little pop to him.

Wasn't he injured for the better part of last year as well?

How many cheeseburgers are you gunna drive into that dirty old cheeseburger locker Brady Hoke?