Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

Scented scratch and sniff tickets?

airbuckeye's picture
August 1, 2014 at 12:17am
25 Comments

Anyone see or read about this one because it's on Yahoo Sports page and everytime i click on a Yahoo Website page it screws up my online. I have to go off line and come back on every damn time i deal with one of their story's when i try and read it?

Seem's Oregon is going to be doing it but im not how or why they are doing it and was hopping someone has read about it and can share it.

airbuckeye's picture

If this is true that they are doing this makes you wonder WTF is comming next because some of this shit is starting to look like a damn circus side show attraction with some teams.

+1 HS
Knarcisi's picture

scUM's smell like Hoke's finger. 

+1 HS
bigbadbuck's picture
+1 HS
whiskeyjuice's picture

"You'll find out that nothing that comes easy is worth a dime. As a matter of fact, I never saw a football player make a tackle with a smile on his face." -- Wayne Woodrow Hayes

+1 HS
FROMTHE18's picture

Just a marketing ploy. Leave it to Oregon to make NCAA football tickets weird. 

+1 HS
buckguyfan1's picture
+3 HS
buckeyedude's picture

Confucius say: "Monkey who go to bed with itchy butt, wake up with stinky finger."

+1 HS
Run_Fido_Run's picture

Scratch & sniff tickets are a great idea. If other schools do this, what should their tickets smell like? Scratch the tickets of the following schools and . . . get the following smells:

Michigan . . . the smell of Shilique Calhoun sitting on your QB's face.

Auburn . . . brand new church pews. 

Florida State . . . crab legs.

+2 HS
Texasbucksfan's picture

The title here brought back a distant but pleasant memory.  I was young high school lad in Portsmouth when I heard that Hustler magazine was going to publish an issue with scratch and sniff parts on the centerfold.  I went in to the local book store and snuck a a peek and a sniff.  Larry Flynt, son of Ohio, Columbus native and marketing genius.  Good to see college football following his lead.  

+2 HS
Oyster's picture

I remember that!  I had the same thought when I saw the thread, but wasn't going to mention it.

May you R.I.P. Otsego, but know this. Gaylord Rocks!

-1 HS
Run_Fido_Run's picture

Apparently, in the 1960s, some dude named Hans Laube invented a technology for movie theaters called Smell-O-Vision. It seems like a 21st century Smello-O-Vision might have some internet applications, but for the life of me, I can't think what those might be.

+1 HS
Oyster's picture

I have heard that Cooking/Recipe sites are very popular...

+1 HS
Run_Fido_Run's picture

Yes! I knew that Smell-O-Vision was a wholesome idea - thanks. 

+1 HS
chicagobuckeye's picture

If you look through the buckshots you may get others opinions. 

Im so confused by some of these posts. 

+1 HS
mshaf's picture

Cal - weed

Alabama - fresh money for recruits

Mich. - Hokes donuts

+2 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

I think you forgot Bert and Bacon

airbuckeye's picture

Larry Flynt was from that little speed trap town of Obetz Ohio but you are still right in a sense of saying Columbus. Obetz is an ok little town but the cops there are major ass hats though.

Oyster's picture

Your spelling has improved dramatically sense your post about doctors the other day...

Stauff98percent's picture

lots of jokes about other schools but it's been four years with no big ten titles and ten years since we won a natl title.  you all need to focus an not worry about what a damn ticket smells like and start worrying about navy and Michigan state and getting into the fourth playoff spot.  you alll would rather talk shit about UM than hoist the crystal football. damn

-3 HS
Humbuck's picture

Calm down.  If this was a board full of players joking around it might warrant the scolding.  We're fans, our focus doesn't matter.  The team isn't going to lose to Navy because we are teasing Michigan or Oregon. 

+1 HS
Stauff98percent's picture

all you clowns are so complacent.   As long as we beat UM who cares about big ten title or bowl win or natl title...when will we get over this hump?  one championship in past 44 seasons and a below .500 bowl record but we have beaten UM 85% of the time.

-5 HS
AeroBuckeye2001's picture

The Ohio State University Class of 2001
BS Aero & Astronautical Engineering

Rob Reese's picture

Give it up, Walverine, you've been outed.

But what's hilarious is all this talk of championships, or lack there of, when Michigan boasts of so many yet only 1 or 2 after WWII, women suffrage and the advent of the simple football helmet.

Go back to WalMart bro, I hear they've a sale on tshirts of your patron saint Bo, you know, the guy with zero nattys compared to Woody's five.

Humbuck's picture

Oregon's tickets are scratch and sniff with the smell of a Carl's Junior burger (Hardees to you midwesterners)  I'm being serious, that is what is being reported out here.  For anyone who has seen the Mike Judge movie "Idiocracy" this will be extra funny. 

I haven't seen or smelled them yet but my friend is taking me to the MSU/UO game with his season tickets so I expect I will be able to report back in a few weeks. 

Earle's picture

Ohio Stadium scratch-n-sniff tickets will smell like napalm in the morning.

Italics are for emphasis.