Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

Francois and Locksley to FSU

Mizzillion's picture
July 31, 2014 at 3:00pm
33 Comments

Wow.

BuckeyeNationforLife's picture

You just can't make up stuff like this..

+1 HS
Bucki78's picture

"But I don't have to rely on a lot of people to tell me about the traditions of Ohio State. I lived it, I breathed it, I know it and I love it." - Urban Meyer

+7 HS
mh277907's picture

Can someone explain to me that last tweet?

buckeyebobcat

+3 HS
InTressITrust's picture

Yeah I didn't realize FSU was in on Gibson.  I thought it was an Auburn, Tenn, OSU battle.

"I'm not going to lie. We're anxious to be a part of a matchup like that. It's two states that love the game of football." -Jim Tressel

+3 HS
11UrbzAndSpices's picture

Gibson is either going to OSU or Auburn

Not stopping until I have more Helmet Stickers than M Man

+1 HS
mh277907's picture

Ohhhhhhh, it all makes sense now. Thanks

buckeyebobcat

+3 HS
11UrbzAndSpices's picture

No prob, it's worded awkwardly and I thought it was down to OSU and TENN

Not stopping until I have more Helmet Stickers than M Man

mh277907's picture

I was being sarcastic because I thought you were being sarcastic with your explanation. My bad for assuming that.

What I was trying to have explained was why this commitment means that Gibson is down to OSU and Auburn. What I didn't know is that Tennessee, and all other schools besides OSU and UA, is apparently completely out of the picture?

buckeyebobcat

Seattle Linga's picture

Tennessee fans will have an epic meltdown

Hovenaut's picture

"Success...it's what you do with what you got" - Woody Hayes

+7 HS
osubuck57's picture

With 3 Qbs in class, someone is getting moved to another position. Probably Locksley, if I had to guess, as he's listed as ATH. instead of QB. Crazy, crazy stuff.

SCOTTC.

+1 HS
Byaaaahhh's picture

What happened to Tennessee?

PasadenaBuckeye626's picture

Torrance Gibson thinks he is a QB.  Tennessee wants him as a WR.

Go Bucks!

+1 HS
Byaaaahhh's picture

I... can't even imagine the pandemonium in Tennessee right now. After giving him all their attention?

JakeStevensIsSwag's picture

Is this confirmed or just rumor? Because last time this kind of thing came up "Torrance Gibson had a great call with Butch Jones"

Buckeye fan from PA

PasadenaBuckeye626's picture

I've read that they think they are fine with their QB and want him as a WR.  If I see it come up again, then I'll post a link.  As of now, I'm calling it a rumor

Go Bucks!

+1 HS
PittBuckeye's picture

In their defense from what I've heard I'd rather have him as a WR too, but I'd take him as whatever he thinks he wants to play.

JakeStevensIsSwag's picture

Yeah thats what i figured. Thanks for the response though.

Buckeye fan from PA

Groveport Heisman's picture

Thought Locksley wanted a shot at being a dual threat QB in college? Isnt his father a coach at Maryland? Hmmm this shit might need the inspector on the case.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

+6 HS
Groveport Heisman's picture

In other news Jimbo Fisher and his cat are pretty excited.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

+5 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

Bo isn't impressed.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+4 HS
EvanstonBuckeye's picture

One of the three won't end up with FSU. It's definitely an interesting way to recruit, letting the players decide for themselves. The first QB commit for the "Noles, De'Andre Johnson, was quoted as saying to Francois that if he came to FSU, he (Francois) would sit the bench, so I'm guessing he won't back down to Locksley.

toad1204's picture

So who's going to QB for Tennessee? 

Never mind, I don't care.

Nothing like dancing on the field in 02... 

+4 HS
lsjSnail's picture

I know you are joking but don't they already have 2 QB commits? or maybe i'm thinking of Auburn.

+2 HS
45OH4IO's picture

Did one of them pick up the wrong hat by accident?

+3 HS
Byaaaahhh's picture

"I'm committing to... (oh crap, that's the wrong hat... but I can't back down now) ... the university of florida state  (ahh shoot)"

+4 HS
BrooklynBuckeye's picture
+1 HS
FROMTHE18's picture

How does the Francois issue have to do with Gibson? Was it thought we were going to land him? Also, 3 QBs for 2015? They did lose their back up to Bama but still 3 in one class is pretty astounding. 

+2 HS
PittBuckeye's picture

Probably because they wouldn't take 4 qbs.

Texasbucksfan's picture

These guys heard that they get free crab legs if the play QB at FSU.  I would commit also.  I love crab legs.   

+3 HS
PittBuckeye's picture

Jimbo got them good, he didn't mention you only get free crab legs once, then you have to "learn some things". 

tennbuckeye19's picture

Who wouldn't want to play for a guy named Jimbo?

+1 HS