Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

We did it...we are #1!!!!

HattanBuck85's picture
July 29, 2014 at 10:47pm
69 Comments
whiskeyjuice's picture

boom, I guess people didn't like the boom comment, oh well.

"Championships are not won on Saturdays in November. Championships are won on Tuesdays in August." -- Kerry Combs

+10 HS
whiskeyjuice's picture

"Championships are not won on Saturdays in November. Championships are won on Tuesdays in August." -- Kerry Combs

+20 HS
KingsRite's picture

“I have yet to be in a game where luck was involved. Well-prepared players make plays. I have yet to be in a game where the most prepared team didn't win.” -Urban Meyer-

+13 HS
FitzBuck's picture

Fitzbuck | Toledo - Ohio's right armpit | "A troll by any other name is still a troll".

+2 HS
Soggy_McMuffin's picture

That was funny as Hell Whiskey!!!!

Gooz-fra-bah...

WhySoSerious's picture

nobody likes me, but that's ok cause I don't like ya anyway. 

Rare&Uncommon

Like the ball in the stands, we balls out

+2 HS
cinserious's picture

Apparently sk8ters gonna sk8te as well!

Life's daily struggle is choosing between saying F--ck-it, or soldiering on with your responsibilities.  

+10 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Everyone is climbing on board

+4 HS
Jbucks's picture

dont we have #1 Largest rated fan base as well? Haters really hate success

Light shines in the darkness and the darkness has not overcome it-John 1:5 SEC meet Ohio State, Ohio State meet SEC

+4 HS
edr4225's picture
+9 HS
FitzBuck's picture

Fitzbuck | Toledo - Ohio's right armpit | "A troll by any other name is still a troll".

+3 HS
KingsRite's picture

“I have yet to be in a game where luck was involved. Well-prepared players make plays. I have yet to be in a game where the most prepared team didn't win.” -Urban Meyer-

+9 HS
Hovenaut's picture

Marcus - offer our gratitude, if you please...

Classy Ohio State

+39 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

I feel like we should have our own Gray Box.

+8 HS
Rob Reese's picture

Any GoT reference is going to get an UV from me all day long.

"All I have known at Michigan is failure.  That's all I know." - Taylor Lewan

+3 HS
MN Buckeye's picture

Thanks HB. The comments in the link are hilarious.

+2 HS
Oyster's picture

This Bama fan has a good sense of humor:

I hear the AP named us most hated, so we're gonna claim it anyway.

May you R.I.P. Otsego, but know this. Gaylord Rocks!

+2 HS
Jabba1977's picture

Sounds good to me!!!

SECHATER77

TheVictoryBell45's picture

The hate will really be strong after we win it all this year. 

+7 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Beat me to it 45 Nice Job

+1 HS
hit_the_couch's picture

How did the 'Horns make 5th most hated and 4th most loved?

That top 5 hated is pretty impressive. All of them, save for ND, are pretty successful programs.

And then I told her...i'm no weatherman, but tonight's forecast is calling for several inches!

Rob Reese's picture

ND is historically a pretty successful program.

I would venture a guess to say they might even make a legitimate claim for their place on the  Mt Rushmore of college football programs.

+1 HS
Oyster's picture

Historically, so is Army, Harvard and Yale.  That's some impressive company to be in, historically speaking that is.

+1 HS
Jeeves's picture

Wasn't ND just in the MNC two years ago? People can hate Notre Dame all they like but they are still and will remain for the foreseeable future in the pantheon of college football. It is perception and brand awareness among those who don't follow college football passionately that helps keep Notre Dame where they are.

+1 HS
Oyster's picture

128-83 since '97.  3-9 in bowls during that time.

It is perception and brand awareness among those who don't follow college football passionately that helps keep Notre Dame where they are.

You summed up my point above about historical teams for me, although my guess is that it was not intentional.

+1 HS
Rob Reese's picture

Wasn't ND just in the MNC two years ago? People can hate Notre Dame all they like but they are still and will remain for the foreseeable future in the pantheon of college football. It is perception and brand awareness among those who don't follow college football passionately that helps keep Notre Dame where they are.

Exactly. Whereas Army, Yale, Princeton, Harvard and the Northeast South Walla Walla Washington school of the Blind was not.  In fact, none of those have even been in the conversation for many decades and even generations.  ND today has some impact.  The others; not so much.

Historically speaking of course.

-1 HS
hit_the_couch's picture

They haven't been respectable for about 20 years. The other programs mentioned, I don't believe, had a 20 year gap and counting of suckage. Texas has been pretty crappy for about 4 years, but that should change.

And then I told her...i'm no weatherman, but tonight's forecast is calling for several inches!

+1 HS
Jeeves's picture

You are just being inaccurate in your assertions.

Boxley's picture

Are you asserting he is being inaccurate  in his assesments?

"...the man who really counts in the world is the doer, not the mere critic-the man who actually does the work, even if roughly and imperfectly, not the man who only talks or writes about how it ought to be done." President T. Roosevelt

dubjayfootball90's picture

Funny seeing Texas as #5 most hated and #4 most loved... haha

You can feed a bobcat all the chili it wants. That don't mean it's going to crap out diamonds.

+1 HS
buckeyedude's picture

Ohio State: you either love us or you hate us. There's no middle ground.  Either way, we're going to kick your team's ass.

+9 HS
Earle's picture

The feeling is mutual.

Italics are for emphasis.

+1 HS
Earle's picture

Is it my imagination, or does that "crystal" trophy bounce?

+1 HS
Oyster's picture

Right next to the mysterious set of legs that  are not attached to anything?  Yep, it sure does.

+3 HS
tommrkr's picture

i think that the platform is mirror polished and we are seeing the legs of the lady to the stage left.

Earle's picture

I'm not convinced.  I think we need Mindy Drayer to diagram it for us.

+6 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Wait what happened to Nicky Saban's head?

+3 HS
AngryWoody's picture
+2 HS
Fatpants's picture

Aaaaaaaand there's one more thing ND can't beat us at.

+3 HS
Grayskullsession's picture

"if irony were made of strawberries, we' d all be drinking a lot of smoothies right now."

+3 HS
Buckeye in Illini country's picture

Columbus to Pasadena: 35 hours.  We're on a road trip through the desert looking for strippers and cocaine... and Rose Bowl wins!

+2 HS
Urban Nation Army's picture
haters, look what I found

Bet you can't say "Bert Bielma is a bumbling buffoon" five times fast.

+5 HS

should put a nsfw tag on here. Looking at pictures flipping the bird is not good when my boss is right behind me.

You can feed a bobcat all the chili it wants. That don't mean it's going to crap out diamonds.

-1 HS
KB3RG's picture

sorry boss... that wasn't meant for you today.

haha, not at all.

Idaho Helga's picture

Anybody else notice that they listed us as "The" Ohio State Buckeyes?   No, this rating does not surprise me in the least.  There are a lot of jealous people in the world.  I'm sure they all love Purdue, et al.

Now how will any of us get any sleep tonight?

Rob Reese's picture

Now how will any of us get any sleep tonight?

Ikr?  This will surely weigh heavily on my mind all night long. 

buckeyeradar's picture

Where can we get the Championship Hats!  I want mine to show the kid pissing on tsun helmet.

Buckeye in Texas

The Butler's picture

I've trained Canaries in the sport of falconry.

+1 HS
cajunbuckeye's picture

All the haters....(_x_).

An angry fan...rooting for an angry team...led by angry coaches

Jack Burton's picture

It's all in the reflexes - Me