Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

Conrad

Katzfan's picture
July 26, 2014 at 5:38pm
27 Comments

Am I the only one thats a bit surprised at the lack of information coming out on CJ Conrad and his potential TOSU offer? Been checkin all day on and off and zilch... Can anyone enlighten me?

Buckeyevstheworld's picture

Heard he struggled, and didn't leave FNL with an offer.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+2 HS
Katzfan's picture

I thought I knew who I was watching on the gray team group of TE's...kid had a buzz haircut. Number 217 or 271, something like that. In any case, I thought he was Conrad. Kid was running the cone drills very well and catching everything they threw at him. He was pretty much always first in line with drills. I was impressed.

So needless to say, i must not have known which kid was Conrad if he indeed struggled as many have alluded to. Bummer... best of luck to the kid regardless!

+3 HS
buckeyestu's picture

I heard the same thing.

-1 HS
Killer nuts's picture

I heard he wanted us to make a couple more threads about him before we'd hear anymore info 

+9 HS
Katzfan's picture

With all due respect, i searched the first 4 pages of forum topics and didnt see his name in any of them, therefore, i created a new one. My apologies...

+21 HS
Murph32's picture

Have to look in the recruiting forum.

+5 HS
Katzfan's picture

Will keep that in mind. Thanks!

+5 HS
Hovenaut's picture

Novel concept.

'specially around these parts...

I am not very smart, but I recognize that I am not very smart.

-2 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

Looks like it's all over for him. Best of luck to him, and wish it could have worked out. 

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

-1 HS
Groveport Heisman's picture

God I love Buckeye Nation.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

-10 HS
BlockO's picture

Why is this downvoted? I love buckeyenation as well.

"faith seeking understanding” (fides quaerens intellectum)

+6 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

Because that's not what he originally said. XD

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+8 HS
BlockO's picture

Oh ok thanks lol

"faith seeking understanding” (fides quaerens intellectum)

+1 HS
KBonay's picture

Kids gets points in my book, regardless. Checked his pride & came to earn an offer. I'm sure the early commitment threw him off & could explain his struggles at Camp...when word has been his vast improvements. 

Wish him the best & a successful career wherever he plays. 

+15 HS
MikeTheBuckeye's picture

He struggled according to Birm's updates. Bummer because he really wanted to show up and put on a show. Big time kudos working hard to earn that extra offer even with another school already offered you a scholarship. That's a smart man with his head in the right place.

Ohiothomas1's picture

He should definitely be commended for coming to FNL

+5 HS
TedGinnIsFasterThanYou's picture

I feel bad for the kid 

+1 HS
DJ Byrnes's picture

Californian by birth, Marionaire by the Grace of President Warren G. Harding.

Katzfan's picture

DEFINITELY feel for the kid... Recruitings a tough game... Really wish him well!!

+4 HS
sharks's picture

Sounds like he handled it like a man.  Consolation prize is that he gets to play in the SEC, albeit Kentucky.

Other topic said that Moore didn't work out, he just came and got his offer.  Has to be tough for Conrad, who came and worked, but came up short.  Obviously the staff had Moore higher, even though he's ranked way lower ( on 247).  A very good reason not to question things when they sign three star guys: the staff are the experts, not the analysts.

The postgame show is brought to you by... Christ, I can't find it. The hell with it...

+1 HS
Swayze's picture

~~Other topic said that Moore didn't work out, he just came and got his offer

not %100 sure, but pretty sure Moore long before FNL.

Edit: Per 247sports, OSU offered Moore 4/30/14

+2 HS
Soggy_McMuffin's picture

Moore will be a Stud! I really wish Conrad would get an offer! But I believe since they got Moore, and they have a great shot at Farrell and Hausmann16' we good!!

Gooz-fra-bah...

+1 HS
sharks's picture

Thx for correcting. 

The postgame show is brought to you by... Christ, I can't find it. The hell with it...

+1 HS
Poison nuts's picture

I'm going to speculate & say that with Moore & Alibi committing & numbers getting tight, there may not have been room in the end. I gotta think that had Moore not come on board, Conrad likely would have had his offer even if he was not having a great night. One way or another, it appears from an outsiders (myself) perspective that Conrad's chance at an offer may have been effected by Moore's commitment. Interesting turn of events nonetheless - I'd have liked to seen them both in...

"Do not pass me, just slow down - I can move right through you" Superchunk - Precision Auto.

+1 HS
Killer nuts's picture

It makes you wonder if that's why Moore committed when he did. Perhaps he felt this class would only have 1 TE and knew that Conrad could commit on the spot if offered thereby taking Moore's spot away.

BuckeyeRick's picture

This kid handled his recruitment better than most people would have. He's a winner. It's a shame he's playing for Kentucky and probably won't see a winning season. He deserves better. 

+3 HS
Jeremy Birmingham's picture

There's nothing to not love about CJ Conrad. He didn't perform his best, and he knows it but he went out there and gave it a shot to get the offer he wanted and it didn't work out. He's someone everyone should be rooting for no matter where he ends up.