Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

BierStube's picture

Voted .. Bosa up 61.4 to 38.6 for Peppers

"No matter where you go, there you are." B. Banzai

+1 HS
Hovenaut's picture

Done.

Fast guys aplenty, how many d-lineman do backflips?

I am not very smart, but I recognize that I am not very smart.

+6 HS
kholmes's picture

Hard to disagree with that logic...dont see many guys that size that can do flips like that. 

One part about Peppers race you would appreciate...way back behind Peppers finishing in 2nd place was Bama commit Minkah Fitzpatrick. B1G.

+8 HS
Hovenaut's picture

Most copasetic with 'Bama finishing in second.

I hope to see more of that.

I am not very smart, but I recognize that I am not very smart.

+2 HS
teddyballgame's picture

inb4 bots start stuffing the ballots

Buckeyevstheworld's picture

Since they can't win on the field, i'm sure BTN will let Michigan win this.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+1 HS
OSUpawn's picture

I hope peppers plays both ways so he can meet Mr. Bosa!

I believe the SEC players put their pants on one leg at a time like we do.

Chief B1G Dump's picture

Bosa has 66.75% of the vote as of mine, just moments ago...

nmaxwell's picture

while i agree that bosa's backflip is definitely more impressive, the 100m dash by peppers isn't exactly a great comparison.  granted, there are a lot more 5'11"-6'0" 200ish pound people running 10.5 100m dashes than 260ish?? defensive linemen doing backflips, but that's one of the premier examples of bosa's athleticism, while you have peppers handily destroying the field in a straight line race.  great, sure, but something plenty of people in high school do.  the things he did against pretty good competition on the football field were ridiculous.  flat out embarrassed almost everyone he played against.  there's a reason he was as highly ranked as he was.  i think the two are close in athleticism, which is saying a lot for joey bosa.  he's been a stud for osu and will be until the time comes for him to make a tough decision - to go pro or to stay?  he'll definitely have the option.  just a stupid all-around survey by the BTN, and another reason for me to curse the summer months until fall camp starts up again

hit_the_couch's picture

There are a number of guys that run 10.5 100 meters; tOSU has several on the team. It's not everyday one sees a 6'5" 270 + guy that can back flip.

10.5 wouldn't even be a record in the state of Ohio. I believe Brandon Saine holds it at 10.2 or 10.3 and is also bigger than Peppers.

And then I told her...i'm no weatherman, but tonight's forecast is calling for several inches!

+2 HS
Humbuck's picture

Zeke Elliott's 110M hurdle was 13.77 which was good enough for 5th fastest among high schoolers in 2012.   His 22.05 in the 300M hurdles was 10th fastest turned in by HS kids.

Won multiple state titles in both events. 

More impressed with these times than Peppers' 100M time. 

+1 HS
Groveport_Buckeye's picture

Bosa, Bosa, Bosa, Bosa..............

+1 HS
RunEddieRun1983's picture

Bosa is dominating, just as it will be for the next 3 years or so.

I don't always downvote, but I do always downvote a Michigan fan trolling the Buckeye boards.

OSUStu's picture

For some reason, the headline made me think about Brian Peppers.  It has been awhile since I thought about him.

Which caused me to stumble upon this beauty:

...but yeah, Bosa by a mile.

If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.  ~ Bruce Lee

+1 HS
Groveport Heisman's picture

Hey man you are one sick puppy, I like your style though, but man thats disturbing. +1

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

Seattle Linga's picture

You should see Stu's family portrait !!

+2 HS
OSUStu's picture

Hey! I resemble that remark.

If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.  ~ Bruce Lee

+2 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

If the shoe fits stuey - hahaha