Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

OSUpawn's picture

Well..... I hope he doesn't get paid for talking!  Notice how he said any Pac 12 or for a good team in the SEC.  Is he saying he could only play for Kentucky?  I award you no points and my God have mercy on your soul!

I believe the SEC players put their pants on one leg at a time like we do.

+4 HS
OSU_1992_UFM's picture

Just thought of this. Brax would be perfect at Ole Miss, they like that speed rush attack

UFM_Renewal

+1 HS
OSUpawn's picture

Remember some SEC teams need extra time between plays..... Not to bright down there, I mean their out of shape, I mean its an health concern......  But they sure are fast.

I believe the SEC players put their pants on one leg at a time like we do.

Buckeye Knight's picture

Heisman candidates from the BIG would be lucky to even make an SEC team.

+3 HS
Hovenaut's picture

Emma...

I am not very smart, but I recognize that I am not very smart.

+10 HS
JColeman1's picture

That is beyond dumb, hell Nick Marshall damn near won a National Championship and Braxton is better than him.....

+8 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

This is the same guy that picked Nebraska to win the BigTen.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+2 HS
Squirrel Master's picture

Seriously, whoever Ed Cunningham is should stick to non-sports discussions. Because he is an idiot. Especially the whole "I have not seen elite QB play out of him". Like, all those ELITE QB's at ASU, Colorado, Cal and Utah.

and remember that Tennessee ELITE QB. What was his name? oh yeah, Peyton Manning......IN 1997!

I saw a UFO once.......it told me to have a goodyear!

+1 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

Yes, because we've all seen how SEC teams are so adept at shutting down mobile QBs...

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

+4 HS
hit_the_couch's picture

Has he seen UF, MIss St, Arkansas play? or the many others? The stuff that comes out of peoples' mouths.

And then I told her...i'm no weatherman, but tonight's forecast is calling for several inches!

Groveport Heisman's picture

Another funny thing is he not only  criticized Miller he said every QB in the B1G sucked ass and couldn't start for a p12 or sec team. Pretty sure he needs to go back and watch the Rose Bowl to see the game Conner Cook had against p12 Champion Stanford. Guy is a complete clown and picked Nebraska  to win the whole B1G because they beat a crippled sec team in a bowl game. Its all a part of that networks agenda to try to sway committee members early into believing the B1G isn't deserving.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

+3 HS
FROMTHE18's picture

when are people going to learn that the job of people in the entertainment business is to generate buzz, good or bad. Theres no way he genuinely believes that bullshit. He is Skip Bayless, Mark May, etc. they say stuff to stir the pot and create discussion. Also, its Ed Cunningham. Who the hell cares what Ed Cunningham thinks?

-1 HS
BHT's picture

He works for ESecPN. Not surprising. We know Miller is better than some of the quarterbacks in the SEC and PAC-12 that Mr. Cunningham is referring to.

+1 HS
edr4225's picture

lets go bucks!!

+2 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

Pretty sure this guy would give his first born for Brax to be his QB...

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

+3 HS
Ahh Saturday's picture

According to last year's QBR, Braxton Miller finished 13th in the country, behind such Pac-12 stars as Mariota and Hundley, but ahead of recent NFL draft picks such as Teddy Bridgewater, Blake Bortles, and Derek Carr.  Does that mean that Braxton is a better QB than Blake Bortles?  Not necessarily, but it does mean that Ed Cunningham is an idiot, or at least pretends to be one in hopes of getting hits for his article --which is actually sad, and much, much worse.

+2 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

Wait, is Ed Cunningham related to Clay Travis? Because that is definitely his approach. He's the Eminem of sports talk/writing - except Eminem is good at what he does.

+2 HS
Groveport Heisman's picture

Ed Cunningham is nothing more then a clueless puppet...He says what he is told to say. Even he doesn't believe the horse shit rolling off his tongue. But the seriousness of the situation is a majority of sports fans and coaches don't have time to watch all the games so they tune in to College Football Live for their information.It will be the same for some committee members who actually have a vote. People are influenced.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

-1 HS
Buck Commander's picture

Another ESPN ass clown like his twin brother Mark May!

Every time I set my DVR to record Biggest Loser......It always records Wolverine Football Games!

+2 HS
WhySoSerious's picture

boy it's been such a long time since I saw that name on here.

Rare&Uncommon

Like the ball in the stands, we balls out

+2 HS
IGotAWoody's picture
So THERE!!

- License to kill gophers (wolverines, badgers, etc) by the government of the United Nations

+2 HS
AngryWoody's picture

He had to have misspoken. I just can't believe that anyone could say that and be serious. I did a little looking at the numbers and I found this:

Braxton Miller would have finished second in the PAC12 in QBR when using ESPN's own metric. Comparing B1G QBRs to PAC QBRs we get this:

1. Marcus Mariota, ORE 167.7

2. Braxton Miller, OSU 158.1

3. Bret Hundley, UCLA 153.7

4. Keith Price, WASH 153.2

5. Kevin Hogan, STAN 151.5

6. Cody Kessler, USC 148.8

7. Sean Mannion, ORST 146.5

8. Devin Gardner, MICH 146.1

9. Nate Sudfeld, IND 142.0

10. Nathan Scheelhaase, ILL 140.7

11. Taylor Kelly ASU, 12. Joel Stave WIS, 13. Connor Cook MSU, 14. Christian Hackenberg PSU, 15. Travis Wilson UTAH, 16. Sefo Liufau COLO, 17. B.J. Denker ARIZ, T18. Jake Ruddock IOWA, T18. Connor Halliday WSU, 20. Trevor Siemian NW, 21. Jared Goff CAL, 22. Danny Etling PUR.

You'll notice no one from Nebraska or Minnesota (and I'm sure some others) is listed, but ESPN's list only went so far.

On the whole, there's no question the PAC is seeing better QB play right now. Six of the top ten QBRs are out of the PAC, including 6 of the top 7. I would understand if he said "The PAC12 as a whole has better quaterbacks than the B1G", but to specifically point out statistically the best passer in the B1G and the second best in the PAC and say he couldn't get the starting job over guys like Taylor Kelly, Travis Wilson, Sefo Liufau, B.J. Denker, Connor Halliday, or Jared Goff, means he is either terribly mistaken or being a douche. I'll leave that for you to decide.

Our Honor Defend!

+3 HS
vitaminB's picture

So Bama is starting an ACC castoff this year, but Braxton couldn't get that job?