Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

Michigan pledge to check out Ohio State

Sebastian's picture
May 15, 2014 at 5:38pm
19 Comments

One of Ohio's top prospects will be making a few stops this month as Lakewood (Ohio) St. Edward defensive back Shaun Crawford has setup trips to both Notre Dame and Ohio State. The four-star prospect is committed to Michigan but will be taking a look at a pair of Midwest schools that have continued to recruit him through the winter and spring.

Crawford will visit Notre Dame and Ohio State.

"Yes, he's visiting Notre Dame and Ohio State," said Crawford's father in a message to BuckeyeGrove.com. "He's still committed to GoBlue though."

Crawford will visit Notre Dame this weekend and will then head South down I-71 to Columbus for a visit on May 31st. The 31st could turn out to be a big visit day for Ohio State with the Nike Camp and Elite 11 regional camps both taking place in the days following.

Crawford, who grew up a Michigan fan, has been committed to the Wolverines since last August. He is the No. 106 overall player in the nation in the 2015 recruiting class and the No. 11 cornerback prospect.

Max Power's picture

Barring an epic meltdown and Hoke getting fired, I would venture to say Crawford sticks with his pledge to his childhood favorite. Another Ohio kid growing up a skunk weasel fan...thats just bad parenting! Someone should have called CPS

+4 HS
IH8UOFM's picture

Barring an epic meltdown and Hoke getting fired,

Yes, please

+1 HS
buckeyeboy31's picture

Brady Hoke hopes it is an epic tuna meltdown his throat

+3 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

I think we all know that Hoke and meltdowns are bed partners and ................ it's not a matter of IF Hoke gets fired it's a matter of WHEN - so I'd say we have a good shot at the kid 

logamaniac's picture

doesn't this violate Hoke's no visits elsewhere philosophy? 

+2 HS
OSU069's picture

Good point. He now has to pull his scholarship. Or he could just admit that it not really a rule.

+1 HS
kholmes's picture

Fyi - This question was discussed in more detail at the link at the top of this topic. 

+3 HS
WezBuck28's picture

If he is a die hard scUM fan, then that would be like a die hard Buckeye fan choosing UM over Ohio state..

+1 HS
e135800's picture

Derrick Green did that but only because we didn't want him and he was a die hard buckeye fan.  Still wears Eddie's number too  and that's sacrilege.

+2 HS
buckguyfan1's picture

He'll never wear it half as well as Eddie wore it.   

+2 HS
WezBuck28's picture

Yeah that actually describes it perfectly..just doesn't make sense..

stevebelliseeya's picture

The 'no other visits policy' just means that Michigan will begin to recruit his position again, not completely break off the commitment.

"We are eternal. All this pain is an illusion." - Tool

+1 HS
Humbuck's picture

Given that UM is losing commits faster than they can replace them, it is probably safe to say his spot will be there in 3 weeks if he wants it back. 

+2 HS
TheTeam16's picture

What commits have we lost? I haven't heard of any and I stay pretty up on recruiting. In fact we just added the 6th member of our class in the past few days...

Please, enlighten me.

-6 HS
TheBadOwl's picture

Guessing he was talking about Campbell and Harris, but those were both a looooong time ago.

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

-1 HS
sivaDavis's picture

Damien Harris, George Campbell, and just recently Shaun Crawford?

Enlightened?

"I've had smarter people around me all my life, but I haven't run into one yet that can outwork me. And if they can't outwork you, then smarts aren't going to do them much good." - Woody Hayes

-1 HS
TheTeam16's picture

Um, those dudes left like half a year ago...and Crawford is still committed...

-3 HS
Crimson's picture

Glass houses man.  Glass houses.

+4 HS