Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

Danify's picture

Wasn't smart getting arrested for OVI this close to the NFL Draft... it could affect his draft and where he gets picked.

teddyballgame's picture

Man, I wouldn't even leave my house if I was about to get drafted in 2 weeks.

BrooklynBuckeye's picture

Yeah, but to be fair, that cab he could've taken would probably cost around 500-700 thousand dollars, so, this may have been a smart move economically.

+2 HS
jeremytwoface's picture

Not to underplay the significance of driving under the influence, but based on the story he was sitting in a parked vehicle and had a blood alcohol content of .008%?

I'm not sure too many NFL GMs are worrying too much about it....

The first man gets the ((((Oyster)))), the second man gets the shell.

Danify's picture

True, I'm guilty of writing an comment before reading all the facts. I mean, why was he arrested in the first place. His levels were 10 times below the DUI levels.

bcarp87's picture

Probably weed. It was OVI not DUI. Not arrested, cited.

jeremytwoface's picture

OVI and DUI are just different names for the same thing. Here is something I found....

The most commonly used terms are DUI, an acronym for Driving Under the Influence, and  DWI, an acronym for Driving While Impaired. However, Ohio law no longer uses the DUI and DWI acronyms because, in 1982, Ohio enacted a law that refers to driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs as “OMVI,”  an acronym for Operating a Motor Vehicle Impaired. 

In the report that has been released, it was said that he had a BAC (Blood alcohol content) of .008. So I don't think it was weed.

The first man gets the ((((Oyster)))), the second man gets the shell.

bcarp87's picture

Look at the middle word in "Blood Alcohol Level" and you might find why weed has nothing to do with it