Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

Vols fans summed up in one tweet

BassDropper's picture
April 24, 2014 at 1:01pm
61 Comments
Go1Bucks's picture

He'll get all the love he needs here at 11W and tOSU.  

Go Bucks!

Go Bucks!

+4 HS
buckguyfan1's picture

It ALMOST worked for Vonn Bell.

+8 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

Not amused...

"I can accept failure, but I cannot accept not trying." - W.W. Hayes

+5 HS
Scarlet_Lutefisk's picture

She went a little overboard with the orange.

+8 HS
Hovenaut's picture

She went little.

They did too, or maybe not:

+1 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

I do love that the guy next to him thinks it's hilarious.

+8 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

I thought only Duke students did that.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+3 HS
Byaaaahhh's picture

The guy who turns and laughs at him kind of looks like Tom Brady with shaggy hair.

Seattle Linga's picture

Funny how that scroll reads "3rd and 7" but it's Halftime. You'd think espin would be better than that - no?

tennbuckeye19's picture

Living in Tennessee I know firsthand all about Tennessee Vol fans. I have many friends that are fans and my in-laws are alumni. And you're absolutely right, that fanbase is completely desperate for anything positive to happen for them. 

They still believe they are an elite program despite them being at or below average since 2008. They actually thought Gruden was gonna be their next coach. And UT fans are some of the first to blow the SEC trumpet when another SEC team wins anything. It's comical. 

My 2 favorite thing to say to Tennessee fans is: "Remember back when Tennessee was relevant? That was awesome." and "Yeah, Alabama (Florida, Auburn, LSU, whoever) won the title, but guess what? You had NOTHING to do with it!"

+3 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

I remember that when I moved here in 2000, I had to get used to "UT" meaning Tennessee and not Texas. So now I refer to Texas as the "real UT."

+5 HS
You can't spell chump without UM's picture

Well they lost (badly) to all of those teams, so they did have a little bit something to do with it.

Brady Hoke ate my comment

+2 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

I may be in the minority here, but I find it sick, on some level, that so many adults, well past their college years, are on Twitter, not only tweeting 17-18 year old kids, but also begging them to come to the school for which they root. Even sadder is when they jump up and down when these high school kids follow them, or heaven forbid, retweet something they say. Then again, if you've ever been to a place like Knoxville, then you understand why something like that might be the highlight of their lives...

+17 HS
FloridaBuck's picture

Youre not in the minority

+3 HS
brandonbauer87's picture

And it's not just Tennessee fans. 

+5 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

I know, it is amazing how widespread it is.

+2 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

What's funny is how often I've seen my friends make these faces over the last 8 years...

+2 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

I'd love to comfort the UT women.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+15 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

That's why I married a Tennessee girl, who was unaffiliated, and willing to become a Buckeye fan. Best of both worlds!

+3 HS
tennbuckeye19's picture

I also married a Tennessee girl who was unaffiliated. Even though her parents are UT grads they couldn't sway her. When we were dating I asked her why she didn't like UT and she said "I don't like Orange. Especially UT Oange."

+4 HS
TnJoeBucks's picture

Live in Nashville, wife is a Belmont grad so no UT lean. Our 17 year old daughter says " That orange is the ugliest color I've ever seen."

Gotta love her for that.

"As the water shapes itself to the vessel that contains it, so a wise man adapts himself to circumstances." Confucius

+3 HS
teddyballgame's picture

Twitter fans be damned, who wants to be a bottomfeeder in the SEC

+6 HS
Colerain 2004 G.O.A.T.'s picture

I speak the truth but I guess that's a foreign language to yall.~~Lil Wayne

+20 HS
BuckeyeStrong2's picture

Beat me to it. At least he didn't go into a southern accent ROLL TIDE tirade.

+1 HS
JakeStevensIsSwag's picture

Is this Sunshine from Remember the Titans?

Buckeye fan from PA

Osurrt's picture

Nice....that was a classic movie analogy.

+1 HS
BuckSince79's picture

I can literally never get enough of that video.  I just wished he didn't end the video so soon so we all could of enjoyed a prolonged monumental meltdown.

mh277907's picture

Creating a twitter account titled "Get Torrence to UT" for the sole purpose of trying to convince a 16/17 year old to attend a particular college is the very definition of needing to "reevaluate life".

buckeyebobcat

+14 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

You woodent under stand. This is SEC Football. Their's nuthin more importunt! S-E-C!

+4 HS
AkronBuckeye13's picture

That grammar is way too good to be coming out of the SEC.

allinosu's picture

When I worked in the Gatlinburg post office I got so sick of hearing rocky top every five minutes I wanted to puke. I had to go to the union so I could wear my OSU jersey on UT Saturdays and nobody would get in my line to buy stamps because I was a G-- DAMNED YANKEE. They were hard to work with after those losses to Florida.

+3 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

You know why they don't need flashlights in East Tennessee?

Because they just use the flames from the burning meth labs.

+2 HS
tennbuckeye19's picture

Q: Do you know why prostitution is legal in Tennessee?

A: They're all Volunteers.

+4 HS
Chief B1G Dump's picture

I love the joke about Tennessee wearing orange so their fans can wear the same shirt to the game on Saturday, to go hunting on Sunday and then to go collect garbage on Monday!

+9 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

+8 HS
FROMTHE18's picture

someone send Gibson the video the staff just put together and it'll be settled

+2 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

I am shocked that the Tennessee fan used "you're" and "your" correctly. Don't see that often down here...

+5 HS
Buck Commander's picture

Colerain I cannot stop laughing at the video..........it was priceless and he was speechless LMAO

Every time I set my DVR to record Biggest Loser......It always records Wolverine Football Games!

+2 HS
JohnnyKozmo's picture

Is there a reason Gibson is even considering UT?  Is it just playing time?  I mean, to even have them as a threat is a shock.  Bama, FSU, even Auburn, I can understand-but we are talking about a bottom tier SEC school.

Colerain 2004 G.O.A.T.'s picture

Last class and this class will be stocked full of offensive talent at every position except for the fact they have zero QBs..That might be attractive, and then to be told you can be credited as the guy who brought us back. I don't see the attraction either but Ive seen more talented kids buy into a lot less tempting situations.Tennessee is basically the *ichigan of the sec.

I speak the truth but I guess that's a foreign language to yall.~~Lil Wayne

m4's picture

Colerain 2004 G,

I replied to your reply of my thread; check it out.

CaliforniaBuckeye's picture

Well that's life in the SEC

"The only way we'd get beaten was if we got a little fat-headed, if we didn't train right, if we had dissension on the squad." - Woody Hayes

sivaDavis's picture

I hate it too but it seems to be working on him. All he does is talk about Tennessee. I cannot wait until he watches them this year. 6-6 at best this year. 

vs. Utah State - W

vs. Arkansas State - W

@ Oklahoma - L

@ Georgia - L

vs. Florida - On the fence about this one. Guessing L, could pull out a W.

vs. Chattanooga - W

@ Ole Miss - L

vs. Alabama - They could pull out a win if they try har-hahahahaha I'm sorry... L

@ South Carolina - L

vs. Kentucky - W

vs, Mizzou - L

@ Vandy - Probably W. 

So 5-7 I believe, 6-6 at best. Who knows if they go to a bowl. No impressive wins. Recruiting gets real during the season, Tennessee and their fans can have this momentum now. 

"I've had smarter people around me all my life, but I haven't run into one yet that can outwork me. And if they can't outwork you, then smarts aren't going to do them much good." - Woody Hayes

O-H-I-Owe-U's picture

They may be trying to make up for that game day experience at Neyland Stadium. Zero crowd energy, crumbling facilities, tired announcer, lame scoreboard. 

KBonay's picture

Tennessee Sports has been irrelevant since Pat Summitt stepped down.....

+2 HS
Grande Gustavo's picture

Even Pat Summitt can't remember the last time Tennessee sports won something worth while...

The answer may not be at the bottom of a bottle, but it never hurts to check. 

+6 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Dude that's so wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+1 HS
dubjayfootball90's picture

oh geez....

You can feed a bobcat all the chili it wants. That don't mean it's going to crap out diamonds.

+1 HS
Buckeyeneer's picture

Ugh . . . Want . . . to . . . laugh. . . but . . . also . . . want . . . to . . . believe . . . I'm . . . a . . . . good . . . person . . . . .

"Because the rules won't let you go for three." - Woody Hayes

THE Ohio State University

+2 HS
Byaaaahhh's picture

Why anyone with NFL potential would want to go to Tennessee in their current state is beyond me.

Mortc15's picture

They really desperate for anything. I follow Torrance Gibson on twitter and he's constantly saying how UT fans are tweeting him most saying they absolutely need him and everything else. Well, they have to do that because they believe one player can change their program. Glad to be a fan of a program that getting or losing out on one recruit wont make or break the team for the next 4 years.

Would getting Gibson be big, absolutely. But OSU is in the position that they dont need him, it would just be nice to have him. UT fans seem to think they need him and every other top player to be anywhere near relevant again (which I dont think will happen in the near future)

Buck-I4Life

MikeEagleBuckeye's picture

I wish I could up vote everything on this thread simultaneously. 

+1 HS
mobboss1984's picture

Tennessee......smh!

Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it.
Bruce Lee