Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

Who could it be?

BassDropper's picture
April 9, 2014 at 9:07pm
51 Comments

BassDropper's picture

*Coach Smith bringing the heat!* (Thom Brennaman voice)

DIRECTIONER

+5 HS
BassDropper's picture

By the way, it's pretty obvious that it's Penn State right? Has to be Franklin.

DIRECTIONER

+4 HS
Jdadams01's picture

That would be my guess

Jeremy Birmingham's picture

It's not Penn State, but it is funny.

AngryWoody's picture

You sound like you know...SPILL THE BEANS JEREMY!

Our Honor Defend!

+2 HS

I do know, but I can't quite spill the beans. Maybe another day..

KBonay's picture

It's another day....

+7 HS
Colerain 2004 G.O.A.T.'s picture

Was thinking *ichigan but he is correct this could go down right next to the JFK mystery.

I speak the truth but I guess that's a foreign language to yall.~~Lil Wayne

johnblairgobucks's picture

Hoke, Wilson, Beckman?

+1 HS
Adam21's picture

The only teams it could be are: Indiana, Illinois, and Michigan (if you count out PSU because of Birm). I think we can all come to a consensus on who it would be...

*edit- Johnblair, you beat me to the punch!

+1 HS

On the same Buckeye wave- length....your response just had more characters and information to type out,  thus the 1 minute delay.

+1 HS
BassDropper's picture

Also Wisconsin, but I can't see Anderson talking trash.

DIRECTIONER

+2 HS

Anderson has only coached 1 game vs Ohio State, hard to think Smith would tie him to Bert's regime, even in a counter barb.

TheBadOwl's picture

I can't imagine it being anyone other than Michigan.

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

+1 HS
stevebelliseeya's picture

I'm guessing Michigan then.

"We are eternal. All this pain is an illusion." - Tool

UrbanCulture's picture

gotta be cal expecting to play us in the postseason next year to go 0-3?

+4 HS
WhySoSerious's picture

Lol I'll go with all of thee above. Haters gone hate, only team that can say is lil bro state. 

Rare&Uncommon

Like the ball in the stands, we balls out

OH_IO's picture

If we just keep guessing, Birm will eventually tell us...

Oh yeah... Is it reasonable?

+1 HS
BassDropper's picture

Yep. My guess is Michigan now. I think Warriner got Brady a little mad

DIRECTIONER

+1 HS
kareemabduljacobb's picture

Off topic, but I remember someone asking about Rod Smith and Jamal Marcus and where they've been... but apparently they're both dealing with some academic issues.  Sorry if someone already said that and I can't remember where I saw the post of someone asking about them, but there's that just in case.  I haven't really been able to get on here lately, so my apologies if it's already been stated.

+5 HS

Thank you Kareem...It was a few of us asking...I'll speak for us all when I say we appreciate the info.

+2 HS
teddyballgame's picture

Theres no way Illinois or Indiana are talking trash LOL

Gotta be scUM

+2 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Yabsolutely no way it's Indy, Illinois or Purdont. 

Not quite sure - maybe scum be not definite. 

sivaDavis's picture

It's gotta be Meg

"I've had smarter people around me all my life, but I haven't run into one yet that can outwork me. And if they can't outwork you, then smarts aren't going to do them much good." - Woody Hayes

+10 HS
OSUFlash's picture

Isn't it a little late in the game for Rod Smith to be struggling with these sorts of things? Unfortunately it seems as if the sun is setting on this young man.

osuflash

Mortc15's picture

Spring report said "heavy academic load." To me still being in college, that sounds like he may just have a lot of classes to take. I sure hope that's all it is and not an actual academic problem.

Buck-I4Life

BroJim's picture

Strait flexin'! 

I season my simple food with hunger

BlockO's picture

He's talking about Indiana

"faith seeking understanding” (fides quaerens intellectum)

BassDropper's picture

Judging by who Birm has eliminated from discussion, that leaves Michigan, Indiana and Illinois. 

Indiana- played us tough 2 years ago, but if I was a recruit and Kevin Wilson was trying to talk trash about Ohio State I would LOL in his face.

Illinois- Tim Beckman used to coach at OSU, he could be telling the kids that Ohio State isn't what it's cracked up to be. Once again, would LOL in Beckman's face if I was a recruit.

Michigan- Would be shocked if it wasn't them.

DIRECTIONER

buckeyeguy0615's picture

Well, Birm was quick to tell us no that it's not PSU, but he hasn't responded about M*chigan. Kinda obvious to me!

BassDropper's picture

My question is, how did Coach Smith find out? Did the recruit tell him?

DIRECTIONER

+2 HS
Johnny-Shane_Utah-Falco's picture

Good question. I have no knowledge of the situation, but for some reason my gut tells me it has something to do with TE Chris Clark and his upcoming visit to TTUN before his OSU visit. Just a hunch.

+1 HS
teddyballgame's picture

Seems plausible. I doubt they feel like they stand a real chance with him anyway, but they'd love to get in his head and maybe just spoil it for us...

+1 HS
tennbuckeye19's picture

Michigan talking trash wouldn't be all that funny to me. It's a rivalry so it makes sense (even though OSU has dominated the last decade against them).

But Birm said whoever it was that "it was funny", which makes me think Illinois or Indiana. My guess would be Illinois. Beckman is a desperate man sitting on a  hot seat.

+1 HS
TUNBUCK89's picture

It's got to be _ichigan. Next year's game is at the shoe and that's as close as you can get to 0-3. Besides, if it weren't _ichigan i don't think coach Smith would even go thru the trouble of commenting about the other teams negative recruiting againt tOSU.

+1 HS
woodcocklives@osu's picture

Awesome....now there's more than one on the staff that tweets with the eloquence of a teenage girl.  #YOLO #justsayin

-9 HS
BassDropper's picture

who is the other?

DIRECTIONER

+1 HS
woodcocklives@osu's picture

"He describes himself as a 32-year-old going on 18, because he’s up-to-date on the hip-hop culture, recent trends and all the latest fads."

-4 HS
AngryWoody's picture

All Woodcock does on here is troll.

Our Honor Defend!

+2 HS
BassDropper's picture

that or he is old and don't understand the personalities of the 40 and under crowd.

DIRECTIONER

+2 HS
AngryWoody's picture

If you go through his profile all his posts are trollish/insulting. Plus he talks about "you Ohio state fans" and so on. I just don't get why people come onto an Ohio State site for no reason than to be a jerk. It's not like we're going over to Mgo and bothering anyone.

Our Honor Defend!

+2 HS

Talking bout coach Smith and our staff? If so go suck a fat dick...

+2 HS
OSU_1992_UFM's picture

Ya! What he said!!

UFM_Renewal

+3 HS
Deadly Nuts's picture

Could this be regarding Damien Harris and ttun?

LEBRON

+1 HS

Not about Damien Harris. 

Deadly Nuts's picture

You son of a bitch....

LEBRON

+5 HS
KBonay's picture

That made me laugh...out loud too. 

+2 HS
Hayze's picture

Thinking about recruits we're both recruiting and that would tell us what other coaches are saying (ie we have a better shot to land them than Michigan).

First one that pops into my head is Dre'Mont Jones.

Well if it is Zack Smith getting pissed that would narrow it down to either a WR or a kid from his recruiting area, then to narrow it down even further to either *ichigan,*ichgan,or maybe even *ichigan the list gets narrower and narrower. Im not one to type out a kids name and put him on the spot but the list is small.