Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

Hokes last game in 238 days

cambridgebobcat33's picture
April 5, 2014 at 2:51pm
41 Comments

Going to be great to watch us send hoke packing, no more free donuts in 2015 no more calling us "ohio" no more not wearing a headset. And he will lose his job freezing his ass off cause he wont be wearing a coat. Your finished hoke!

703Buckeye's picture

I wouldn't rag on Hoke for not wearing a coat...

"Attack the Strong, Trample the Weak, Hurdle the Dead!"
-Former OSU S&C Coach Lichter

+6 HS

Yea well woody did it cause he was tough old school and could back it up. Hoke doesnt wear one cause he wants to promote his image as being some tough guy but hes just a donut eating fat head

+5 HS
Buckeye5000's picture

Hoke doesn't wear a coat because he has all that fat for insulation....just like a walrus or whale.

Go Bucks!

+1 HS
Spirit's picture

The last time he was here, he didn't have enough class to shake Urb's hand after they got whupped. He has not been a respectful rival. We need wishagan to be good and quit shaming the Big 10!

Spirit

Buckeyevstheworld's picture

It's respectful to call Ohio State "Ohio"?

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+4 HS
JakeBuckeye's picture

I don't get why people get their knickers in a twist about that. Yes, he does it to get under our skin, but A) we call them "That Team Up North" and B) WE'VE CALLED OURSELVES OHIO FOR A LONG, LONG TIME

+3 HS
Colerain 2004 G.O.A.T.'s picture

Hoke is wearing a coat today at *ichigans spring game. Guess he does do coatless to try to appear tough.

I speak the truth but I guess that's a foreign language to yall.~~Lil Wayne

Chief B1G Dump's picture

I guess I'll be the one...its you're. You are = you're.

+8 HS
Lincoln's picture
+20 HS
Jabba the Hoke's picture

I always get its and it's backward.

buckeyedude's picture

If Hoke isn't wearing a coat, it's easier for him to make a quick run to the bathroom to poop. I heard has a zipper on the back end.

-1 HS
carton's picture

Sad, I wish he was there for next decade or so, like a willing punching bag.

+1 HS
Art Harrell's picture

scum fans deserve hoke-as a Ohio State Fan I-Love-Hoke-can we say-Urb, has his number--Go Bucks

Seattle Linga's picture

It's four hours after their spring game - is Hoke still eating his post game meal?

+5 HS

Hopefully everyone here knows the same day Hokes firing has been made public is the day *ichigan faithful will all claim they are the favorite to win the National title. Most of their fans thought hiring Bamas discarded OC would put their offense into the top 5 but I think they got a little wake up call watching the weasel offense today during their televised spring flag football game.Hoke will continue to be the greatest coach on Earth to them until the second he is fired he becomes the worst coach and the next guy rides in on a white horse. I root for Arizona just to see their reaction on what a step back they took. If Hoke is canned after this season which I find very likely they have to hit a home run or risk another 10 years of bottom of the barrel.

Calgarybuck's picture

I'll miss all his spring recruiting awards he pilled up and will thank him for all the D-line recruiting he did while at *ichigan, 

+1 HS
LouGroza's picture

Watched some of their game/practice. All anyone could say in post game summaries was that their d-line played pretty well. They could say that because the o-line and run blocking looked very similar to 2013. Still do not see what anyone thought was so special about Derrick Green. He is a straight line runner that usually goes down on first contact. The announcer said he will be very good when the o-line fires off the ball and creates lanes for him to run through. Duh, who wouldn't? Their other tailbacks looked much better, including Deveon Smith. Other than a couple play variations they ran, it looked carbon copyish, if that is a word, probably not, but let's go with it, to 2013. Sorry ttun fans.

+1 HS
MN Buckeye's picture

UM will have a good, but not great, team this year. They have dropped to being average in the B1G, with the big two now being MSU and us.

+1 HS
Hovenaut's picture

Almost agree with you MN - MSU has to sustain that top two status. They're infamous over the years for putting together a very good season, but it never seems to be consistent.

That said, Dino has the program primed to take that step.

I am not very smart, but I recognize that I am not very smart.

+1 HS
hit_the_couch's picture

Meh, Wisconsin has been more consistent than MSU. I don't think I would call MSU #2.

And then I told her...i'm no weatherman, but tonight's forecast is calling for several inches!

rightfield's picture

I can't see Hoke surviving past this year. After this year his record will be 0-3 vs Urban, 0-4 vs MSU? and no better than 4th place program in the B1G. I can only hope that is OK with *ichigan fans.

Its good to be the king

+2 HS
Humbuck's picture

Hoke is a dead man walking after 10/25.  Sure, OSU won in '13 but the Moral Victors walked away from that game knowing they were one play away from winning.  Meanwhile, little brother dominated and abused UM.  OSU is UM's biggest rival but MSU is their most hated rival.  If Sparty straight up dismantles UM again it might be Hoke's final undoing. 

@Notre Dame, Utah, Penn State, @Michigan State, @OSU.  There are at least 4 losses in that list. 

Anyone know why *ichigan travels to East Lansing two years straight? I only noticed because I fully anticipate battling with MSU for the B1G title and that gives them a huge advantage.*ichigan could get beat soundly by ND and MSU with a possibility of Hoke being gone before they travel to Columbus.I know that is not a common practice in college football but if the losses are embarrassing enough they could take the USC(Kiffin) route and try to salvage some humility.USC actually looked like a completely different team post Kiffin,some coaches are big enough clowns were I think it could be justifiable.And not wearing a headset,clapping after every bad play,and refusing to make in game adjustments put Hoke squarely in that category.

saltybuck61's picture

I don't know, I would still say that the Buckeyes are UM's biggest and most hated rivals. Having lived in Michigan for several years, I can say with confidence that the only time when UM fans and MSU fans get along are when either play Ohio State. They are united by their hatred of Ohio State. If the MSU rivalry was full of more hatred, then this would not be the case.

Humbuck's picture

Gotta disagree.  Talk to any of the players and they'll tell you differently.  No respect on the field between those teams.  They hate each other.  Dirty, dirty games.  Generally OSU/UM games are pretty clean and both sides agree it is hard hitting but not dirty.  Both sides agree that MSU/UM is the dirtiest, most mean spirited game they play. 

Sparty fans hate Michigan 365 days a year.  For decades they were looked down upon, kicked around and generally treated like the red headed step brother.  Now that UM is down Sparty is making up for lost time.  MSU fans don't particularly hate OSU.  UM fans might be stupid enough to root for Sparty against us but no respectable MSU fan wants anything good to happen for UM. 

One of the highlights of the B1G title game was when MSU and OSU fans joined together to boo and curse Taylor Lewan who was honored at halftime.   

saltybuck61's picture

Perhaps you are correct. I know that they do hate each other. I am just speaking from experience. My whole life I have seen MSU fans happy for Michigan when they beat Ohio State. I will say that Michigan fans hate Ohio State much more than MSU does. However, when MSU and OSU play, the Michigan fans that I know will cheer for MSU. The players may think differently, but most UM fans I know hate Ohio State much more than MSU.

TheTeam16's picture

Coming from a die hard UM fan...OSU is easily our most respected rival.

I LOATHE staee and the domers, HATE HATE HATE.

+2 HS
hit_the_couch's picture

I don't think us or MSU wants to see him gone.

And then I told her...i'm no weatherman, but tonight's forecast is calling for several inches!

+1 HS

only 236 days left now, so long Hoke

+1 HS
sivaDavis's picture

TTUN most respected rivalry? Ohio State

TTUN most heated rivalry? Probably MSU. 

TTUN most important rivalry? Ohio State in a landslide.

"I've had smarter people around me all my life, but I haven't run into one yet that can outwork me. And if they can't outwork you, then smarts aren't going to do them much good." - Woody Hayes

+1 HS

Its the order of importance that is coming back to bite ichigan.

MSU hates them more then anything in the world

tOSU has  one true rival and it is and always will be ichigan.

ichigan also had to deal with ND and  PSU and MSU teams  they were on par with while trying to catch up with tOSU for a decade plus. This scenario and mostly because of JT and MD have pushed ichigan  into  the middle of the B1G. When Brian Kelly smashes  them then Mark D we might not even get  a chance to face the headsetless  beast again next season.

sivaDavis's picture

Also, I would like to get some of the UM fans we have on here to speak up and say what they think of Brady and what if he loses to MSU and OSU again this year. How many times can you get saved by a good recruiting class and/or latching onto a BCS bowl your first year?

"I've had smarter people around me all my life, but I haven't run into one yet that can outwork me. And if they can't outwork you, then smarts aren't going to do them much good." - Woody Hayes

TheTeam16's picture

Here is what I think of Brady,

He was, is, and will be a stop gap for a football program that was losing support from an ancient alumni donation base stuck in the Bo era. dave brand'in knew he had to get someone in the program with ties to the old program, hence harbaugh, miles, hoke in the coaching search. Hoke said all the right things in the presser, wins sugar bowl, money comes flowing back. Trust me, grandparents are huge donors, have been for years.

Mattison is the only thing keeping this beat up ship afloat at the moment. The offensive line will be worse this year, and will spell doom for hoke. God only knows how a coach that preaches old school smash mouth football has one of the worst OL in the last country the past 3 years. It is truly mind numbing. 

MSC is retiring, pizza boy has his sights set on running for governor, and hoke has dug his grave and this year will lay in it. New president hires new AD, and new AD hires new coach. 

UM goes 5-7 behind the worst OL the program has ever seen, and lose by 20+ points to OSU, MSU, and PSU. But of course, beat ND.

I will be rooting as hard as I can for the kids to succeed on the field, but in the end I truly hope we lose every game to get this phony out of Schembechler Hall for good.

-1 HS

they all know if he loses to little brother and their daddy(OSU), he's done.  You can't lose to little bro and dad in the same year again, plus I'm certain the game with us given it's at home will be an absolute thrashing given we still relatively healthy. 

+1 HS

getten closer Hoke! 155 days soak it in

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

We need a countdown clock in the weight room just like the other one. Even though it would have the same days on it, it would mean two different events. 

+1 HS

Hoke might not make it to cbus i was somewhat right when predicted this several months back! 

SOF_Buckeye's picture

Hey...I'm also from Cambridge...class of '81.

"The harder you work, the harder it is to surrender." Woody Hayes

class of '95..........you ever buy a pair of shoes from a store in downtown cambridge called Alexander's?