Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

Corn Dog Crash: Actual Truck spills 75,000 corndogs in Louisiana

MichiganBuckeye222's picture
March 28, 2014 at 12:50am
19 Comments

I guess LSU fans really do smell like corndogs

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20800682,00.html

Louisiana's newest restaurant is just off the highway – literally. Months after 40,000 pounds of ham spilled off a Georgia onramp, a semi crash scattered thousands of corn dogs across an interstate. 

According to local news station KTBS, a tractor trailer hauling a load full of packaged corn dogs overturned on I-220 outside of Shreveport, La., Tuesday morning, spilling 75,000 sticks of the fried snack across the highway. There were no injuries, but the mounds of spilled dogs caused nine hours of delays while police cleaned up the delicious debris. 

The crash was apparently a big hit with the locals, many of whom scooped up the free snacks fate had tossed into their laps. 

"It's a big mess, but a lot of folks will be eating pretty good this afternoon," Corporal Marcus Hines of the Shreveport police told WWLTV. 

After providing the community with such a bounty, the driver of the truck will not face charges.

hit_the_couch's picture

It's called a 'hillbilly hoe down.'

And then I told her...i'm no weatherman, but tonight's forecast is calling for several inches!

+1 HS
buckeyedude's picture

Why can't this happen here? We'd be eatin' good for days!

+1 HS
VintonCountyBuck's picture

Pairs well with:

“Right now, Michigan is not at the pinnacle of college football, and that’s all Urban Meyer cares about...He’s been there and knows what it takes to get there.” 

+1 HS
OSUStu's picture

That drink sounds pretty awful.

If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.  ~ Bruce Lee

+2 HS
VintonCountyBuck's picture

Haha..yes actually it does.  Just found the idea of Corndogs as road kill pretty funny

“Right now, Michigan is not at the pinnacle of college football, and that’s all Urban Meyer cares about...He’s been there and knows what it takes to get there.” 

+1 HS
RBuck's picture

You sure it wasn't a virtual truck?

"It's just another case of there you are". ~ Doc (1918-2012)

+2 HS
OSUStu's picture

The crash was apparently a big hit with the locals, many of whom scooped up the free snacks fate had tossed into their laps. 

If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.  ~ Bruce Lee

+3 HS
Jeremypreemo81's picture

we're talking about corndogs...corndogs...really c'mon man corndogs lol

+1 HS
BierStube's picture

I guess the ole 5 second rule is out the window!

"No matter where you go, there you are." B. Banzai

+1 HS
Buckeye in Illini country's picture

Were they headed to Flint?

Columbus to Pasadena: 35 hours.  We're on a road trip through the desert looking for strippers and cocaine... and Rose Bowl wins!

+1 HS
MichiganBuckeye222's picture

that's the most awesome clip.

Representing the Buckeyes in the Mitten State since 1987.

www.septemberheisman.com

BUCKSOMIES's picture

Brady Hoke was seen in the area wearing a bib.

+5 HS
Il_Padrino's picture

Bazinga!

Living the life!  Go Buckeyes!

+1 HS
bodast67's picture

Oh them crunchy things on yer dog ? thems just erbs & spices is all.... 

" I hope when I die, I die laughing"...                

SweetBabyJames's picture

some local school district lost all their hot lunch for the week

+2 HS
HeuermanTheFireman's picture

If only they crashed a mustard truck next to it.

The person responsible for toes clearly wanted you to stub them.

KBonay's picture

Seriously? SMH...

"It's a big mess, but a lot of folks will be eating pretty good this afternoon," Corporal Marcus Hines of the Shreveport police told WWLTV.