Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

Braxton Miller's Injury

ab1993's picture
March 7, 2014 at 1:20pm
8 Comments

You don't have to agree with me, but the more I read on how Braxton is participating in spring practice, the more and more I see it as a blessing in disguise. Sure, it's been stated as that, but because it's giving Cardale and JT more reps. Personally, I think it is not only because of that, but because Braxton gets to focus much more on the mental part of his game.

After a spring of intense study, he goes into the summer to work on throwing and all the typical QB stuff (with a QB guru probably) and then gets to come into fall practice improved on both the physical and mental side of the game. I don't think we could've gotten a better blessing in disguise.

FloridaBuck's picture

If he could learn to make proper reads more often, he would be unstoppable.

Squirrel Master's picture

IDK, you can't tell me he is better off for NOT participating in spring ball. Maybe the team overall is better off, but not Braxton. He needs as much work with the offense as possible. New Oline, New RB and a slew of new receivers. Mental part is key, but repetition of actual plays is much more helpful!

I saw a UFO once.......it told me to have a goodyear!

+1 HS
11thAveBuckeye's picture

Game situations like the spring game and practices have to help his reads way more than simple film study.  All reps are valuable but that is one silver lining to this situation for sure.

seafus26's picture

He needs more reps throwing the ball that he couldn't get growing up in Dayton. No coincedence that Kenny growing up in Houston could flip it around better with half the talent. He's probably thrown tens of thousands more balls while Brax was indoors 3-4 months of the year through their youth

Go Bucks and michigan STILL SUCKS!

Buckeyevstheworld's picture

could flip it around better with half the talent.

It's not as if the teams he played against were anything to write home about.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

seafus26's picture

Nore were most any of the teams on our recent schedule. Not saying he's any star but could sit on his hands for nearly 4 years and still come in and look more comfortable throwing ball due to how many times he's thrown it in his life and maybe the venues and competition he played against in HS. Braxton has had majority of first team reps after displacing Bauserman and is a great athlete, but isn't comfortable with the forward pass STILL

Go Bucks and michigan STILL SUCKS!

-1 HS
KBonay's picture

Nothing replaces reps. Nothing. 

Whoa Nellie's picture

All blessings are mixed.

“Don’t fear criticism. The stands are full of critics. They play no ball. They fight no fights. They make no mistakes because they attempt nothing. Down on the field are the doers, they make mistakes because they attempt many things.”