Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

Dontre Wilson Rumors?

WesPatterson23's picture
February 28, 2014 at 6:43pm
50 Comments

Does anybody know if these Dontre Wilson rumors are true? In case you haven't heard they are that Dontre will miss some Spring Practice due to grade problems. Hopefully if they are true he can be back ASAP!

Deadly Nuts's picture

Link or just twitter doing its thing?

LEBRON

Silver Bullet 10's picture

Some dude started it on twitter yesterday. Not true whatsoever. Twitter is a cruel tool.

+1 HS
buckguy10's picture

Can someone please translate for me? Not too well versed in twitter lingo.

+1 HS
HighBallAce's picture

Ahhhh Twitter Twatted.....this happens all the twime

+1 HS
BassDropper's picture

At least twitter is more reliable than Bucknuts. And judging by Birm's comments (hope I'm not reading in to it too much) it looks like there could be smoke to this fire.

DIRECTIONER

-1 HS

I don't see any smoke coming from Birm's comments.

Edit: Smoke to this fire? There's "fire" but we're looking for the smoke? Lol. I think you are mixed up.❄️

+2 HS
buckeyedude's picture

Smoke is a sign of incomplete combustion. A good, efficient fire has no or very little smoke. Just sayin'.

+1 HS
WesPatterson23's picture

Well, I've seen several tweets and I've seen several comments on these forums, so I was just wondering if anybody knew the true story.

kicks's picture

Not sure what tweets you've seen, I follow a ton of people regarding information for all aspects of tOSU and I haven't seen anything at all.  Chalk this up as false.

Sebastian's picture

If it 's on the internet it must be true...# Common sense

+5 HS
Rocket Man's picture

Bon jour

Never put off 'til tomorrow what you can put off indefinitely.

+9 HS
bsodders's picture

He does need to hit the books from what I've heard also.  I don't know if that means he won't participate...but there is definitely work to be done.

Buckeyevstheworld's picture
Need a rumor remover:

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+9 HS
Jeremy Birmingham's picture

Not saying this is true or isn't true, and we'll find out soon enough, but there's really nothing more unfair than these types of threads when they pop up. I mean, I get that people are curious, but if it's false then it really is a slap in the face to the player in question.

vitaminB's picture

All he asked is if anyone could confirm the tweets he'd seen.  It's hardly a face slapping situation, Birm.

+10 HS
Jeremy Birmingham's picture

True, perhaps I am a bit touchy about these things but I think you know what I mean. Rumors are part of the job, yes, but unfortunately the internet does make it quite easy for folks to just make something "stick" without substantiation.

buckguyfan1's picture

You miss his point I think. 

+1 HS
m5987usus's picture

Do not use that kind of tone with Birm....Kidding lol.  But seriously.

O-H!

teddyballgame's picture

the rumors are true, dontre wilson is really fast

+18 HS
WesPatterson23's picture

Sorry, I didn't mean to make any rumors I just wanted to see if things on Twitter were perhaps true. I just hope things go smoothly for everybody during the spring and of course the regular season. But anyway thanks for clearing things up.

+2 HS
PittBuckeye's picture

Further showing why I refuse to get a twitter.

+1 HS
Ericgobucks's picture

It's the fastest way in the world to get current information, news, headlines, weather, etc. Twitter isn't the problem...it's the dumbasses who cause trouble on it. I am always amused by the people who don't "get" Twitter. If you like your information slow and slanted, read a newspaper. 

+5 HS
Poison nuts's picture

Twitter doesn't kill people, guns do! I mean...I do! Wait...what? ...Never mind.

"Death created time to grow the things that it would kill" - Detective Rustin Cohle.

+9 HS
TheBadOwl's picture

Twitter rocks. But, as should be expected, there are a lot of really terrible people on there. It's a small portion, though.

The whole "omg twitter is so dumb I'm so glad I'll never get one" thing is so 2010.

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

-1 HS
OSU1995's picture

"..I refuse to get a twitter."

Pitt, you sound like my Grandma!

“You have to make decisions, ... I've never pretended that every decision I've made was right. And I've been reminded of that.” 

- James Patrick Tressel

+2 HS
Hovenaut's picture

Christ, I thought for a second there this was another transfer thread.

"Success...it's what you do with what you got" - Woody Hayes

+14 HS
Alpo's picture

My exact thought too Hov. Blood pressure raised for a bit there.

+2 HS
buckeyedude's picture

My first thought as well Hov. I felt like I was opening a letter from the IRS.

+3 HS
KBonay's picture

I Tweeted that I was posting an Instagram on my Facebook page so folks could Pin it to their LinkedIn profiles. 

+15 HS
Poison nuts's picture

You're gonna wanna make a Vine video explaining the whole thing too.

"Death created time to grow the things that it would kill" - Detective Rustin Cohle.

+4 HS
Scott's picture

Just Snapchat your junk instead.

Class of 2008

+7 HS
OSU1995's picture

You're thinking of Snatchchat Scott.

“You have to make decisions, ... I've never pretended that every decision I've made was right. And I've been reminded of that.” 

- James Patrick Tressel

+5 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

I don't need this crap in my life right now

+2 HS
Phillips.449's picture

I saw a more believable rumor floating around that MARK MAY WEARS WOMENS UNDERWEAR.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=MARK+MAY+WEARS+WOMENS+UNDERWEAR

+6 HS
FROMTHE18's picture

Just wait and see. If not, then no bother, if so, then Im sure Urban (and Dontre) will make sure things are remedied in the classroom. 

ScarletNGrey01's picture

Hopefully this is not true.  If so, perhaps Aaron Craft can tutor him a bit.

The will to win is not as important as the will to prepare to win. -- Woody Hayes

+1 HS
Boom777's picture

I would wait for the ball coach to share that info. I know it's not meant as a slight against the player but it does sound like it when people bring this up. Cardale Jones and I think Cornelder who went to UK went through this. And if it is true I'm sure he wouldn't want it all over twitter or blog post. Just my two pennies

Wherever you are, there you be!

One Bad Buckeye's picture

I love me some Dontre, but I gotta say that if it were me in this situation (rumors about struggling with academics) I think I would chose to use much better grammar in my response, no?

"I'm One Bad Buckeye, and I approve this message."

+3 HS
logamaniac's picture

Is that what you chose or what you would choose to do?

+6 HS
One Bad Buckeye's picture

LOL! I edited from "would have chose" but obviously  forgot to edit that word.... touché.  

"I'm One Bad Buckeye, and I approve this message."

11bravo's picture

"I saw a more believable rumor floating around that MARK MAY WEARS WOMENS UNDERWEAR"

It's not a rumor.

nec aspera terrent

-1 HS
HandsOfSweed's picture

Pics. Or it didn't happen.

Ummm, on second thought, I will just take your word for it.

TUNBUCK89's picture

Seeing the title & plus 40 comments, i was like: Damn! i hope the Texas pipeline isn't having a major leak.

Kjetland's picture

The Wilson rumors are true...he will miss some time dealing with school issues. Not a huge deal.

+1 HS

When will he be missing time? Was practicing today.

+2 HS
11bravo's picture

HandsOfSweed,

No pictures please!

nec aspera terrent

btalbert25's picture

Hope it isn't true just because these grade issues seem to persist with players a lot of the time.  One question I do have, though, is what kind of player do people expect Dontre to be?  There wasn't a lot I saw out of him last year that was just jaw dropping.  Maybe with time in the weight room and hard work to be a better blocker he'll get better, but I saw a guy who was really fast, but really couldn't make guys miss or break a tackle to break off a huge play where his speed could be used.  One thing with Teddy was he could make guys miss and could stop on a dime then accelerate to top end speed very quickly.  Maybe it's not fair to compare him to Ginn at this point, but to this point has he done anything on the field that warrants all the hoopla?  Quite honestly, a much lower rated recruit, Timmons, had just as good of a freshman year, with a HORRIBLE team around him. 

+1 HS
WesPatterson23's picture

Well, I think that is why Timmons had as good a year. If you listened to any of Tom Herman's interviews he said that with Carlos and Braxton running so well, it's just hard to take it out of there hands and give it to Dontre. So I think next year with experience and time in the weight room, I believe he can be a big time, dependable player.

+5 HS