Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

Who would you like the Bengals to pick up in the draft?

ab1993's picture
February 26, 2014 at 10:22am
23 Comments

I saw a topic about the Browns, but none for the Bengals. 

In my opinion, I would want to see us pick up Shazier, Mewhort, and Mettenberger or Murray.

ab1993's picture

Sorry wrong forum

Class of '16

OSU_ALUM_05's picture

I want Boomer in his prime .... can we make that happen?

+1 HS
BuckeyeLaw's picture

Mettenburger or Murray would be a great mid round pick that could be the under-study to Dalton. 

OSU 2011 - Toledo Law 2014

+2 HS
MacG91's picture

First round there probably wont be a DE they could take, so I'd like Gillbert, Denard then Roby. Denard would fit bengals defense perfect considering all the man to man their corners play. Shazier would be awesome too, move Vonteze to middle and Rey back to strong side and slip Shazier in at weak side. I heard they interviewed Shazier. But considering they dont have any pressing needs, I think theyll take who ever is the most talented player available like last year when they took Eifert. 

Mac..yeah

ab42beerman's picture

Hyde and Bernard together would be a lot of fun.  But yeah, I agree with a CB.  Sparty's Dennard would be nice.  Or Roby.

+1 HS
Colerain 2004 G.O.A.T.'s picture

Gilbert or Denard in 1st...Hyde or L.Joyner in 2nd

I speak the truth but I guess that's a foreign language to yall.~~Lil Wayne

+1 HS
hit_the_couch's picture

1. A good DB; Hall is likely at the end of his career and Dre Kirkpatrick isn't living up to the hype.

2. A stud LB would be nice.

3. A QB that can be consistent is the most important.

And then I told her...i'm no weatherman, but tonight's forecast is calling for several inches!

45OH4IO's picture

Trade all of their picks for Jim Harbaugh...

+4 HS
MackRM408's picture

Best available "big" DB

skid21's picture

I think we are a QB away from being a real threat and not just a threat to make the playoffs. We won't get THAT QB in this draft so I agree. Best available DB.

Buckeyevstheworld's picture

I think we are a QB away from being a real threat

Marvin Lewis is still the coach.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+2 HS
skid21's picture

Well, that too.

Colerain 2004 G.O.A.T.'s picture

With Jay Gruden gone on the offense it will be very interesting come draft day if a certain player falls would the Bengals snag a QB late in round 1? I think if the right guy falls it could happen. Dalton is not the answer and will never win a SB.

I speak the truth but I guess that's a foreign language to yall.~~Lil Wayne

Buckeye Elite's picture

They need a center, depth at DB and S, trade the law firm for draft picks, get a new QB and head coach then they will be a real threat. Dalton is the most inconstant QB I have ever since and Marvin Lewis has been given 11 years to do something with the Bengals and has not. Green-Ellis is an ok RB but lacks elite speed to break long runs and Gio is not big enough for even every down back. The DB's are old 3 of them are over 30 and Dre Kirkpatrick has not lived up to the hype. 

1st- Hyde/Shazier/Roby in that order.                2nd- DB                                                           3rd-7th best avalible player

"Clear eyes, Full heart, Can't lose!"
                                  - Friday Night Lights

gm3jones's picture

I think there is a very little chance they take a RB in first round. They have lawfirm and gio with burkhead rounding out the group (I heard they really like burkhead to). I would love the Shazier pick, but I dont think he will be available when we pick. And if I was to choose a corner in first, it wouldn't be Roby. I think dennard is most pro ready. And I think Dre will be fine next year. He will be a solid nickel corner.

There is nothing more remarkable as learning to think better.

Buckeyevstheworld's picture

Can you draft a coach?

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+1 HS
BassDropper's picture

that might  be the dumbest question I have ever read on a message board. That says a lot. 

DIRECTIONER

-7 HS
Nicholas Jervey's picture

I think you may have missed the irony he went for.

Ceci n'est pas une signature.

gm3jones's picture

They should trade off all there picks for one... Then they will be Super Bowl champs next two years lol

rightfield's picture

Roby.

Its good to be the king

gm3jones's picture

Dennard or Garret in first; A DE in second; A center in third; QB in the fourth and a DT in the fifth.Round it out with a LB or two