Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

Mike Mitchell Transfer

WedgeSplitter's picture
February 9, 2014 at 7:48pm
23 Comments

ESPN's Mark Neal was reporting this on twitter--anyone have any insight / knowledge? This one hurts as LB is a position we are thin at.

BassDropper's picture

I'm pretty sure 11w would have broke this news by now.

DIRECTIONER

+12 HS
Optimistic Buckeye Pessimist's picture

This is the first I've heard of this. 

BKLINE20's picture

It is on the front page...may not be for you depending on the view.

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-football/2014/02/33346/lineback...

BKLINE20's picture

...and that blows BTW.

MikeEagleBuckeye's picture

Knew that we'd have to take some hits to meet the scholarship count, but losing a guy like Mike hurts a little extra.  I wish all the best for his family and his future.

Colerain 2004 G.O.A.T.'s picture

You are actually thinking we cut Mitchell to meet scholly numbers? And at our biggest position of need a 5*?

I speak the truth but I guess that's a foreign language to yall.~~Lil Wayne

-4 HS
MikeEagleBuckeye's picture

No what I meant was that we knew people would have to leave, transfer, etc. to meet the scholarship numbers, but to see someone like Mike, who plays a position of need and was so highly rated, be one of the ones to go is unfortunate and he will be sorely missed.

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Wishing the best for his father and his health - family comes first

buckeye4life050233's picture
+1 HS

Buckeye06's picture

Wasn't Durham a LB when he arrived as well?

Grayskullsession's picture

I say take this scholarship and give it to Jamarco's teammate, Shelby Spence.

"if irony were made of strawberries, we' d all be drinking a lot of smoothies right now."

gonzogrover's picture

OSU was already over the 82 allowed. I believe with Mitchell leaving, they still need 1 more transfer or someone to be injured.

One Bad Buckeye's picture

When I first read the head line, I was pretty disappointed.  But if something were wrong with my Pops, I'd endure hell and high-water to get back to him and my family to see to his recovery and be supportive of my mother and siblings.  Hopefully everything turns out okay.  I think both Mitchell boys are one of a kind talents, but family is family.  

Best of luck to their family, and wishing a speedy recovery for his father.  Once a Buckeye, always a Buckeye.  

"I'm One Bad Buckeye, and I approve this message."

+2 HS
TheBadOwl's picture

Yup, if one of my parents fell ill, I'd immediately transfer to be closer.

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

cjmgobucks's picture

Sad and untimely but that's life and family comes first.  Best wishes to the entire Mitchell family...

"When I look in the mirror, I want to take a swing at me."
Wayne Woodrow Hayes

WedgeSplitter's picture

Healthy combination of people questioning if it was true or not, saying it would have been reported by 11w first, and another with a slowpoke meme mocking how late I was to this story. Sounds about right for the internet, particularly this forum. 

Crimson's picture

Since you didn't use sarcasm font, I'm going to assume you're being sincere.  Italics is the official sarcasm font of 11W.  Therefore, it was true, and 11W already posted it.  The slowpoke meme was funny.

WedgeSplitter's picture

Nah sorry man don't know what all the official fonts are for this forum don't come here much, only when I have a question like the one I posted....most of the responses reminded me why.

rightfield's picture

Mike will be sorely missed as a person and player. Wish him and his family the best. Once a Buckeye always a Buckeye.

Its good to be the king