Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State basketball fan talk.

The state of Ohio state basketball

0 HS
Tree_Trunk's picture
February 4, 2016 at 9:17pm
126 Comments

Huge fan of Ohio State Basketball here, I've always loved them as much as the football team. The last couple of years however, I've found myself watching them less and less. I was wondering why that was today and decided to watch the game tonight. I immediately remembered why I haven't enjoyed watching them lately. This team plays with low effort on defense consistently, turns the ball over in key situations with questionable decision making, and has relied on one player making great plays to win for the last few seasons. I don't enjoy watching this team because they play soooo fundamentally poor. This has become a disturbing trend over the last few years. We have two top ten recruiting classes on the team and struggle to beat teams like Illinois. I love Thad, and I'm trying really hard to not want him gone, but this seems like a coaching issue more than anything. When it happens for three straight years with highly recruited players, the conversation does deserve to be brought up. I'm not saying we should fire Matta, but for the first time in his tenure, I'm open to the idea of it. I hope the team can turn it around this year and will always keep pulling for them though. Go Bucks!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 126 Comments