Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State basketball fan talk.

Mike Conley Grantland Article

0 HS
BrooklynBuckeye's picture
February 6, 2015 at 4:53pm
7 Comments

I don't think anyone posted about this. My apologies if that's not the case. Grantland had an excellent piece on Mike Conley a couple weeks ago. For those who don't follow the NBA too closely, Conley is REALLY good. Some people on this forum have called him average in the past, and that's just not the case. He had a slow start to his career, and the nature of being a high draft pick is that people rush to judgement. 

He is unfortunate to be a great PG in the deepest conference in the history of the NBA, because if he played in the East he would be a 3 time all-star by now. This year he and Damian Lillard are the consensus top all-star snubs. That shows the depth of PGs in the West: the two best players not to make the all-star game are point guards from the west. 

Conley isn't a stats guy (although this is his best year statistically), he's just a flat-out winner. If you watch a Grizzlies game, he is in complete control offensively, and defensively. I've loved watching him play since he first suited up for the Buckeyes, and as a fan base, we've been waiting for a great Buckeye in the NBA for a long time. Stop waiting, watch Mike Conley.

http://grantland.com/features/mike-conley-jr-memphis-grizzlies-nba-zach-...

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 7 Comments