Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State men's and women's basketball discussion.

Myles Turner will announce April 30

Mike Young's picture
April 16, 2014 at 3:52pm
39 Comments
Scarlet_Lutefisk's picture

Such a fantastic song.

+4 HS
BuckeyeLurker0509's picture

Pet Sounds >> any Beatles release ever.

+1 HS
mh277907's picture

Holy crap the Beach Boys are awful.

buckeyebobcat

-6 HS

Paul McCartney on Pet Sounds:

"It was later...it was Pet Sounds that blew me out of the water. First of all, it was Brian's writing. I love the album so much. I've just bought my kids each a copy of it for their education in life---I figure no one is educated musically 'til they've heard that album. I was into the writing and the songs.

I’ve often played Pet Sounds and cried. It's that kind of an album for me.

Paul McCartney on "God Only Knows":

"It's a really, really great song---it's a big favorite of mine. I was asked recently to give my top ten favorite songs for a Japanese radio station...I didn't think long and hard on it, but I popped that God Only Knows on the top of my list. [Thinks for a moment] It's very deep. [Quotes the lyrics to "God Only Knows"] Very emotional, always a bit of a choker for me, that one. There are certain songs that just hit home with me, and they're the strangest collection of songs...but that is high on the list, I must say."

+1 HS
jeremytwoface's picture

The first man gets the ((((Oyster)))), the second man gets the shell.

+1 HS
hodge's picture

Jeremy - I was thinking about this exact same thing.  Bioshock Infinite is so damn good, and the music is incredible -- especially this song and "Fortunate Son".

Bolt's picture

False. While Pet Sounds is outstanding...No.

+2 HS

I don't look at it as who was 'better' but without Pet Sounds you don't have Sgt. Pepper.

+1 HS
Bolt's picture

Not debating that Pet sounds didn't inspire the Beatles (more specifically Macca) to go in a different direction with their music and experiment with different sounds, styles, instruments and concepts...but the results that came out of the Beatles I'll take any day. Pet Sounds really is outstanding though. 

+2 HS

Sure but that's where we get into subjective vs objective.

+1 HS
Bolt's picture

But my mom always told me I'm always right. Always have been.

toad1204's picture

Please please please...

Nothing like dancing on the field in 02... 

mattanderson1985's picture

Are we one of the top schools or do we have a long shot for him?

toad1204's picture

With Embiid going to the league it looks as though Kansas is the front runner at the moment.

Nothing like dancing on the field in 02... 

+1 HS
BuckeyeLurker0509's picture

I keep hearing the Longhorns are the leaders...

Bolt's picture

I'll be surprised if it's not Kansas. I don't see why he would've taken this long unless he was waiting to see if Embiid were staying or going. 

+7 HS
Jdadams01's picture

Almost a pipe dream at this point

+2 HS
gm3jones's picture

Yeah especially since we got That center from VT. And someone mentioned why wait this long unless he was wanting to see what players are staying and going (which I totally agree with).. He knew what he would of had if he were to come here and play: a starting Center job.

There is nothing more remarkable as learning to think better.

Sebastian's picture

http://youtu.be/1pm4fQRl72k

The youtube link for embedding or adding url does not work for me

It says you must input a embed code or url

BrooklynBuckeye's picture

If you click "SHARE" in youtube, then click the embed option, copy that code, then come back here, select youtube, and paste the code in the embed option.

CaliforniaBuckeye's picture

I'd say it's a long shot for us to land this guy. At least we picked up Lee, and Thompson

"The only way we'd get beaten was if we got a little fat-headed, if we didn't train right, if we had dissension on the squad." - Woody Hayes

+4 HS
BHT's picture

Come on Mr. Turner. We NEED you! (I know we have Lee and Thompson, but we need someone like Turner.)

+1 HS
deddy214's picture

If Embiid had stayed I think we might have had a decent chance but with him leaving I think it's even more than a long shot that he chooses tOSU but the amount of big men Thad has sent to the league and the fact that we truly need him compared to the other teams could help.

DaytonBuck1980's picture

Don't get me wrong, I love what Matta has done at OSU but to cite the amount of big men he has sent to the NBA is a little misleading. Oden, Mullens and Koufos were all known to be one and done before they arrived on campus. They would have went on to the NBA with or without Matta. If anything, I'd be more concerned with the lack of development by Amir and McDonald than I am pleased with the one and dones

Still not giving a damn for the whole state of Michigan. 

+2 HS
MacG91's picture

You could say the same for Calipari then. 

Mac..yeah

+4 HS
AndyVance's picture

You could say the same for Calipari then. 

Consider it said.

+3 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Come on Myles - you know you want to play with the best !!!!!!!!!!!

+1 HS
Colerain 2004 G.O.A.T.'s picture

If he was to hypothetically commit to KU they would easily have the best PF,SF,and center coming in anyone know how they are looking at the 1 and 2 spots?

I speak the truth but I guess that's a foreign language to yall.~~Lil Wayne

ab1993's picture

Senior pg, nadiir tharpe, and soph Wayne selden jr. Both very good

+1 HS
tennbuckeye19's picture

From everything I've read recently, it's gonna be either Kansas or Texas. 

+2 HS
gm3jones's picture

When was the last time you looked at the recruiting bball this year? I say ranked in the top 5 means you are landing some great players.

There is nothing more remarkable as learning to think better.

tennbuckeye19's picture

Recruiting top rated big men has been an issue, but recruiting overall is not. 

+2 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

Hate to say it, but Amir was an extremely highly rated big man...

http://sports.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/basketball/recruiting/player-Amir-Williams-75859

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

+1 HS
tennbuckeye19's picture

Trust me, I know. Duke, Florida, & Arizona, even offered him. And I was looking forward to having a McDonald's AA talent in the frontcourt, but...

My comment was based on missing on big man targets after Amir's recruitment. 

oldbuck60's picture

HUGE longshot, but please-please-please pick the Buckeyes!!

oldbuck60

+2 HS
Braxton2Devin's picture

I truly don't believe we have any chance. I'll eat my shoe if we land him. Of course, Id be elated if he chose the good guys

+1 HS
Mike Young's picture

Updated with TV info...