Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State men's and women's basketball discussion.

Dayton Rolls

southbay's picture
March 27, 2014 at 11:39pm
21 Comments

The Flyers took care of business against a good Stanford team this evening.

Plus, Wisconsin won easily over Baylor and is looking strong in the tournament so far.

Yes the Buckeyes had a disappointing season, but since their close loss to Dayton the perspective has changed.  The Flyers are for real, and the B1G has three teams  that could make the Final Four.  Anyone else feeling a little better?

Johnny-Shane_Utah-Falco's picture

Yes, I am.

I thought Stanford would be too big for them. 

Hope Dayton beats Florida next.

Our Buckeyes will be good to go next year with Mr. Russell and company.

+1 HS
DannyBeane's picture

Until the tournament is over I am a MSU/Dayton fan. I think the B1G needs a National Championship and MSU is the one team I don't want to strangle. Dayton, well because they're my home town and they beat us. I'm only on their bandwagon til this tournament is over.

+2 HS
Go1Bucks's picture

I want Dayton out.  I hate when a team advances because they are on a roll. Damn moving picks don't even get called.   And of course I am still pissed how the end of our game played out giving them the win.

- and dont bother with DV, Im just ranting 'cause im having a bad day. Just ignore me.

Go Bucks!

+2 HS
buckeye4life050233's picture

it will eat me alive if Dayton, Michigan or Wisonsin somehow win the ncaa tournament this year.  Especially after the teams we have had that shoulda won it or got a really bad draw and got stuck in the bracket with the hot team.  Hopefully Michigan State can put it all together, i'm ok with izzo getting another title, just not bo ryan or Belein

+3 HS
brandonbauer87's picture

I could definitely live with a Dayton, MSU, Michigan, and Wisconsin Final Four. Any result that involves Michigan losing is fine with me. 

I_Run_The_Dave's picture

My wife had OSU, MSU, UM, and Wisconsin as her final four.  Needless to say, her rooting interests are aligned with yours.  Any scenario where UM doesn't win the whole thing is also good, as you say.

BucksFan2000's picture

It's tough to watch, though I'm not convinced OSU could have also beaten Syracuse and Stanford.  They just made everything so difficult this year.  Could have?  Yes.  Would they have?  I doubt it.

+3 HS
Buckeye Chuck's picture

No, I'm feeling a little worse. A week ago I was reading things like "I'm glad we lost because it just spared us the humiliation of getting killed by Syracuse" etc, but if the fifth best team in the Atlantic 10 could do it, we could have done it.

The most "loud mouth, disrespect" poster on 11W.

+1 HS
southbay's picture

it will eat me alive if Dayton, Michigan or Wisonsin somehow win the ncaa tournament this year. 

I tend to agree, although I don't see either of those teams cutting the nets down a week from Monday.  My point was that, as dysfunctional as they were this season, the Buckeyes did well against them and MSU, head to head.  If some new guys pan out next season we could be back in it.

MSU has a real chance now that they are healthy and in a groove, and I think Payne is the kind of player who can get a team over the top.  We'll know soon.

+1 HS
AZBuckeyePhan's picture

I never root for scUM...EVER! So I am happy and rooting for Wisconsin and MSU...I hope scUM loses every game.

+3 HS
MichaelJ721984's picture

Normally Id root for the Big 10 (minus Michigan because I wasn't raised by assholes) but I need Sparty to lose tonight. Big money riding on it!!! Keep it going Dayton!!

+2 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Michael you may need to refinance the house as Sparty is up big but it's still early.

andretolstoy's picture

My inkling was IF we got past Dayton we would be in Elite 8, maybe even Final 4.

Had a feeling about this bracket and Dayton.

+2 HS
RedStorm45's picture

I'm so glad we opted for Smith over Sibert. Smh.

+2 HS
buckeye4life050233's picture

it's interesting to note that we were on scholarship restrictions when those tough decisions were made i.e. letting sibert and Weatherspoon go.  all due to the quarter system osu was on and oden and koufos and the other 1 and done's hurt our APR.  It made an impact that we really didn't even notice until you see other teams play 10-11 deep and we play 8 max most of the time

+1 HS
Colerain 2004 G.O.A.T.'s picture

I'll follow that up with how glad I am we didnt offer Nigel Hayes a scholarship.

I speak the truth but I guess that's a foreign language to yall.~~Lil Wayne

+1 HS
southbay's picture

Well, there seems to have been a series of unfortunate events.  That stuff has to stop now.

SweetBabyJames's picture

id rather have the National Championship Trophy and bragging rights in the BigTen or Ohio!

Michigan Basketball vs Calipari, who do you hate more?

Dayton vs Florida??? are you going to root for the gators?

Wisconsin vs Zona....I could see how some could root for Zona...but gotta go with the Big over the Pac

Izzo vs Calhoun...espn jizzfest...who doesnt love one of those?

+1 HS
southbay's picture

Calhoun isn't coaching UConn these days.  I still can't stand the way they show up big in the tournament sometimes.  I guess that is to their credit.

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

For some reason they always bring it this time of the year.

rbesr's picture

Of the remaining B!G schools left, I'll take Izzo. I really like him as a coach and a person.