Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State men's and women's basketball discussion.

UC president tweets "Dayton wins" immediately after OSU game, deletes tweet after UC loses

TheBadOwl's picture
March 20, 2014 at 5:31pm
14 Comments

Immediately after the final whistle blew, this popped up on UC president Santa Ono's twitter feed:

Santa Ono Deleted Tweet

Funny thing is, if you check out his profile now, the tweet is conspicuously absent.

Also, for a person who has no connection to Ohio State athletics, he sure tweets a lot about Ohio State athletics. He tweeted this one a few days ago

And after UC's 42-7 win over Purdue this football season, he took to Twitter, making sure to mention that Purdue took "undefeated Ohio State" to overtime last year. I tried to find that one, and could not. Perhaps he deleted it after we beat Purdue 56-0 this year.

Granted that these may not be his actual tweets, since many presidents use student interns and staffers for their social media, but he certainly has a larger Twitter presence than most university presidents.

He is also quite fond of the #HottestCollegeInAmerica hashtag, as well as #JustSayin, which are, as you know, fixtures in the vernacular of prominent figures in academia.

Of course, the Bearcat Inferiority Complex is a real affliction, so Ono is really just catering to his audience here, but deleting that tweet is still pretty hilarious.

Jen Bielema must be so proud, as the #Karma is strong with this one...

teddyballgame's picture

His name is Santa.  That's pretty cool.

+6 HS
Colerain 2004 G.O.A.T.'s picture

Alot of people around the World love to hate tOSU,the smaller shittier schools in Ohio like UC just magnify it to a higher degree. Some people are actually happier to see tOSU lose then see their own team win. Its almost like Espin has made every team in the Nation our bitter rival.

I speak the truth but I guess that's a foreign language to yall.~~Lil Wayne

+2 HS
teddyballgame's picture

Not sure why they would hate us.  It can't be from all the success we've been having.... It's honestly starting to feel like we haven't won a statement game in football or basketball in years. 

-2 HS
Colerain 2004 G.O.A.T.'s picture

Its just from all the negative press they have given us over the years and yea us dominating the conference for almost a decade straight.We won a good game against a very good Wisky team last year and we made a statement against PSU but you are right and our next statement game will be against MSU in east lansing next season and might be the only one till bowl season.

I speak the truth but I guess that's a foreign language to yall.~~Lil Wayne

+1 HS
Youngbuck85's picture

He actually usually tweets pro osu stuff when we play. He's much better then their fans are 

+1 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

Reading through some of his tweets, he doesn't seem too bad.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+1 HS
703Buckeye's picture

He's just having some fun and taking some light-hearted digs at OSU. He's not a total ass, like Bert.

"Attack the Strong, Trample the Weak, Hurdle the Dead!"
-Former OSU S&C Coach Lichter

+3 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

He's not a total ass, like Bert

Most aren't at Bert's level.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+2 HS
Deadly Nuts's picture

Prez Gee would own his ass in a trolling competition.

LEBRON

+4 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

KARMA - I believe he knows Jen Bielema

Squirrel Master's picture

any relation to Yoko!

I love the ducking stuff too. If OSU is ducking teams in the state, then why is their a date set for 9/27/2014 with you?

the Bearkittens will get their chance, too bad OSU only plays them when they are loaded. (which even when OSU isn't loaded, when are they ever less talented than UC. HA!)

I saw a UFO once.......it told me to have a goodyear!

+1 HS
teddyballgame's picture

So, theres this...

TheBadOwl's picture

Meh, this is what's expected after we lose to a small in-state school.

That's why we should never, ever, lose to small, in-state schools.

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.