Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State men's and women's basketball discussion.

Buckeyes Playing for 4th seed tomorrow

JakeBuckeye's picture
March 9, 2014 at 1:09am
14 Comments

We win tomorrow against MSU, the 4th seed and a 1st round bye in the B1G Tourney is ours. (Presuming Wisconsin can handle Nebraska tomorrow)

Go Bucks!

Deadly Nuts's picture

I'm not too sure about Wisco beating Nebrasketball. If i'm correct they have only lost one game in that arena.

LEBRON

+4 HS
Go1Bucks's picture

I will take that as a sign that good things are to come.  Beat MSU!

Go Bucks!

Go Bucks!

InvertMyVeer's picture

This game looked so much sexier at the start of Big Ten play. A win would still be huge though. 

Football is complicated...

+3 HS
johnblairgobucks's picture

Can't wait to see Craft's defense ability cause Tom Izzo to bitch and moan on the sidelines for 2 hours today.

+1 HS
Buckeye5000's picture

When I saw the headline on your Forum Topic, I immediately said "your wrong" but I am glad you quantified it. With the way Neb. is playing right now (I know Wis. is also playing great) and the way that they have played in their new building, a win over Neb. is far from a done deal for the Badgers.

Also the way OSU (and MSU) have played this year, the Bucks could win by 20 or lose by 20.

Go Bucks!

+1 HS
MacG91's picture

Im not sure about losing by 20, believe it or not the most theyve lost by all year was 10! When they do loose, they seem to keep it close. 

Mac..yeah

+1 HS
InTressITrust's picture

Now that is something that shocks me. I feel like some losses feel like 30 with how bad our offense gets.

"I'm not going to lie. We're anxious to be a part of a matchup like that. It's two states that love the game of football." -Jim Tressel

+1 HS
Mr. Slick's picture

Biggest margin of victory? 29!

Buckeye5000's picture

Thanks for the info Mac...it just seemed worse sometimes...probably because of the monumental fold jobs at the end of some games.

Go Bucks!

Bucksforlife's picture

Whether or not Nebraska wins is kind of irrelevant.... we just need to win...... 4th or 5th seeding doesn't mean much.... 5th seeding just means we play an extra game against Northwestern and then play the 5th seed (Nebraska). But if we lose I believe we lose tie-breakers with Iowa (based on 2nd tie-breaker rule....record against Big Ten winner Michigan.....OSU 0-1 and Iowa 1-1)....thus making us 6 seed..... 1st game against Penn St. or Purdue (not sure which one) and 2nd game against a Michigan State team who's getting healthier..... Much tougher draw in my opinion..... Does anyone know for sure if my interpretations of the tie-breaker system is correct? Thanks in advance... 

Buckeye5000's picture

Actually it is Purdue.

Go Bucks!

CGroverL's picture

Surprises happen multiple times yearly during March Madness. I see no reason that Ohio State can't finally be one of those surprises. After all, everyone is talking about how the early "soft" schedule may have hurt the Bucks but no one is bringing up that Ohio State's conference games make their 2nd half of the season a very tough and legitimate schedule. While this season marks what people are calling a down year for the Big Ten, the truth is probably closer to having a conference full of better than average teams making no real upsets in "in conference" games. While the lack of a TRUE proven scorer may be an issue for Ohio State, that issue can be nullified by playing tough defense which is the strength of this season's Buckeyes.

Beating Izzo's squad would be a great start to this postseason. Go Buckeyes!!!

"I hope they're last in everything"

Thanks, Urb!

+1 HS
dcbucks's picture

So a win today would likely result in a November ACC/B1G Challenge match-up with either Duke(3rd) or UNC(4th). Louisville will be slotted into the rotation somewhere near the top or we could end up with them as well. 

route4buckeye's picture

If anyone is curious on how the B1G tourney will work next year, I used the teams record as of today.

Wednesday: #12 Northwestern vs #13 Rutgers, #11 Penn State vs #14 Purdue

Thursday: #8 Illinois vs #9 Indiana, #5 Ohio State vs 12/13, #7 Maryland vs #10 Indiana, #6 Iowa vs 11/14

Friday: 8/9 vs #1 Michigan, 5/12/13 vs #4 Nebraska, 7/10 vs #2 Wisconsin, 6/11/14 vs #3 Michigan State