Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State men's and women's basketball discussion.

We'll Always Have This

Jason Priestas's picture
February 28, 2014 at 7:08am
16 Comments

48 fouls called, including four on Craft. A season sweep at the hands of Penn State. Last night was awful.

But we'll always have this.

Slam Says NO

BME_Buckeye's picture

And this -----> L 

I think this is the first time we've been swept since Illinois swept us in 2009. Game sucked but that was a nice block by Slam.

Look closely, because the closer you think you are, the less you will actually see.

Oyster's picture

Memories of Ken Johnson.

R.I.P. Otsego

InvertMyVeer's picture

Get that weak $#!% outta here! Helluva block.

Football is complicated...

+1 HS
AngryWoody's picture

Our Honor Defend!

+13 HS
OSUpawn's picture

That block would have been more impressive if it got us a W.

I believe the SEC players put their pants on one leg at a time like we do.

brandonbauer87's picture

That is one of the most impressive blocks I've ever seen. Really. If he could time his jump like that all the time, he could basically eliminate the entire backboard. 

+1 HS
Poison nuts's picture

My guess is that Sam Thompson might set a world record for vertical leaping ability. Dude is plain ridiculous. 

"Death created time to grow the things that it would kill" - Detective Rustin Cohle.

+1 HS
Mortc15's picture

Not to be a hater or anything because it was an outstanding athletic play, but watching it live, I was entirely surprised they didn't call a goaltend. Watching the replay, it may not have been, but live, I thought it might have been. Either way, could have used a few more of those last night.

Buck-I4Life

+3 HS
buckskin's picture

I think the Ref forgot he was officiating and became a fan for that one play.

Jack Fu's picture

And every time I see (which will hopefully be never), I will be reminded of this horrific loss.

+2 HS
GoBucksOSU's picture

That does not make up for the fact that we just got swept by lowly PSU. And we all laughed at TTUN last year when they lost once to PSU.

tennbuckeye19's picture

I'm not making excuses, cause really I never thought I'd see the day that PSU swept OSU in hoops, but PSU is a better team this year. Tim Frazier missed all of last season with an achilles injury. Still, losing to them twice is pretty crappy. 

Buckeyebrowny919's picture

I know it is pixelated...but that lady in the front row to the right in the gray sweater...MOUTH JUST DROPS lololol. I thought it was goaltending at first, but the more that I watch it I find myself leaning the other way.

To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift - Steve Prefontaine

gn4011's picture

I have always been curious on this: if a shot blocker can jump that high to block the shot like Sam did there, why don't they simply tip it to themselves (i.e. similarly to what players sometimes do when grabbing a rebound) instead of blocking it away to allow the opposing team to pick up the ball?  Is such play a violation?

Buckeye_Forever