Ohio State Athletics Forum

Ohio State Athletics Forum

Ohio State hockey, baseball, wrestling, track, and other athletics fan talk.

Men's Lacrosse: Penn State Mauls Buckeyes, 12-9

+14 HS
beserkr29's picture
March 24, 2024 at 4:39pm
19 Comments

It's a rare day when you watch a team both exceed and fall well short of your expectations. Ohio State found a new way to lose that was somehow more infuriating than the blowout I expected.

The Buckeyes came out of the gates firing on all cylinders. Ohio State won the first 6 faceoffs. Ohio State scored goal after goal. Caleb Fyock made save after save.

Nothing, it seemed, could stop the Buckeyes. And then, inevitably, the wheels fell off. To be sure, it was hardly a wobble at first. After hitting 6-1, Penn State rattled off 3 straight goals to make it a 6-4 contest.

No matter. The Buckeyes scored to make it 7-4, and took that into half time as a seemingly solid lead. Not so fast, my friends.

The Buckeyes made it a new low by being held scoreless in the third quarter. Zip. Zero. Nada. Keine goals for the Buckeyes. Meanwhile, Penn State ground out three tallies of their own to tie things up at 7.

The final stanza was all Penn State. Ohio State gave up another goal, scored, then conceded the lead for good 20 seconds later, with just 6 minutes left. Penn State scored 3 more goals to make it 12-8, ending the Buckeyes' season for good.

I don't know what else to say, what other stats to point to, what more results we need to see. It is time. There's a new AD, and this program needs an overhaul. Rapidly. No one spends more on a coaching staff than the Buckeyes. Time to get actually good coaches in here.

And I swear, if they hire John Torpey (High Point) or Andrew Stimmel (Marquette), I will lose it. Go get a high quality, proven coach and see what this program can really do. Just end everyone's misery already.

Up next: away game at Rutgers.

Go Bucks.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 19 Comments